Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

I'm too cheap :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

The hot, young, shallow women I want (temporarily) all want a flashy car, expensive clothes, and access to cocaine. I will not do those things. Sooooo....
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by thibodeaux »

GORDON wrote: The hot, young, shallow women I want (temporarily) all want a flashy car, expensive clothes, and access to cocaine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

I can't count how many people I killed when I Was 17
Troy

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Troy »

Totally expected something like " Hell, I killed a hooker, and I turned out great"
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Body cam footage of Lancaster, PA officer involved shooting.

Dude came out, chased the cop with a knife, and the officer responded. It's all on video. Why are we protesting this one? Do these idiots really want all cops gone because it's not going to work like they think.

The female cop shot in Compton is a bad ass.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Dude came out, chased the cop with a knife, and the officer responded. It's all on video. Why are we protesting this one? Do these idiots really want all cops gone because it's not going to work like they think.
City council member Janet Diaz said social media played a big role in spreading false rumors and fanning the flames of anger based on misunderstandings of the facts of the case.
Because of lies.
thibodeaux

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by thibodeaux »

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/09/1 ... the-police
"Residents are asking, ‘Where are the police’?” said Jamal Osman, newly elected council member of Ward 6. He said he's already been inundated with complaints from residents that calls for police aren’t being answered.

“That is the only public safety option they have at the moment. MPD. They rely on MPD. And they are saying they are nowhere to be seen,” Osman said.

Just months after leading an effort that would have defunded the police department, City Council members at Tuesday’s work session pushed chief Medaria Arradondo to tell them how the department is responding to the violence.
No-one could have foreseen this.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

I'm pretty sure that since the speed/red light cameras were declared illegal, speeding has become legal in Toledo. Haven't seen a single cop car in a while.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Recently, the council took more than $1 million from the police budget to hire “violence interrupters” to intervene and defuse potentially violent confrontations.

“If we have these systems in place we are getting ahead of the violence,” said Cunningham. “That’s why I have advocated so strongly for the violence interrupters, because if they are interrupting the violence before the guns are being fired, then the MPD doesn’t have to respond to that violence.”
One of these "violence interrupters" has already been killed responding to a domestic call.

Shouldn't the "violence interruption" come from strengthening the economy, better education, and promoting better parenting?
GORDON wrote: I'm pretty sure that since the speed/red light cameras were declared illegal, speeding has become legal in Toledo. Haven't seen a single cop car in a while.
They were out in force this morning. Saw one at the state line, then three others with people stopped on my way to work. Although, last night there were two different solo accidents involving flipped cars, so perhaps a mandate came down last night to start enforcing speeding?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: They were out in force this morning. Saw one at the state line, then three others with people stopped on my way to work. Although, last night there were two different solo accidents involving flipped cars, so perhaps a mandate came down last night to start enforcing speeding?
Toledo PD, or Ohio State Patrol? OSP are always on the interstates in force.

I wonder if TPD makes, or loses, money on writing speeding tickets. The mayor is always bitching about budget shortfalls (even to schoolkids in the city building on a field trip), so if speeders were profitable, you'd think they'd step up enforcement.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: One of these "violence interrupters" has already been killed responding to a domestic call.
Also, I've heard more than one cop say domestic calls were always the scariest ones?

And they are sending non-cops to domestic calls? That's fucked up all by itself. I thought "violence interrupters" were hired to defuse protester violence.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Toledo PD, or Ohio State Patrol?
TPD
GORDON wrote: Also, I've heard more than one cop say domestic calls were always the scariest ones?
That is correct. Head to an active armed robber and you know what you're getting. A domestic? It's a complete mystery. Who is the aggressor? How many people involved? Are people armed? These are civilians and not criminals actively breaking the law, so you have to go in politely with "shields down". Domestics are the worst.
GORDON wrote: And they are sending non-cops to domestic calls? That's fucked up all by itself. I thought "violence interrupters" were hired to defuse protester violence.
Yeah, I posted the link in this thread previously, but some social worker responded to a domestic there and was killed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

It's amazing to me when I contemplate how much less violence there would be in the world, if people were better at communicating.

No one is going to sucker punch the guy who visited his cancer daughter in the hospital that morning.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: No one is going to sucker punch the guy who visited his cancer daughter in the hospital that morning.
Does she have cancer or is she a Cancer? :D

Also, I tend to not believe this. Scum are scum and aren't worried about your shit. Their entire existence is based on being selfish, why would they care about your issues? Thieves steal from the poor more than they steal from the rich...
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: No one is going to sucker punch the guy who visited his cancer daughter in the hospital that morning.
Does she have cancer or is she a Cancer? :D

Also, I tend to not believe this. Scum are scum and aren't worried about your shit. Their entire existence is based on being selfish, why would they care about your issues? Thieves steal from the poor more than they steal from the rich...
Scum are scum, but I choose to believe 90% of the scum would not punch cancer father, if they knew.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Ok, I'll buy into that part, but I still think there's a ton of gray area.

The reason I will buy in a bit is because pedos getting tortured and murdered in prison. Scum are parents too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Louisville cancels police vacations and declares state of emergency in preparation for Breonna Taylor announcement.
Taylor, an emergency medical worker, was shot eight times on March 13 by officers who entered her home using a no-knock warrant during a narcotics investigation. The warrant used was connected to a suspect who did not live there, and no drugs were found inside.
Things the NBC article doesn't mention:
-The cops were at the correct apartment.
-The police returned fire after one of them was shot by Taylor's boyfriend who says he just heard them come in, not yell "Police".
-Neighbors also did not hear the police announce themselves.
-The warrant was one of a handful being executed to find some guy named Glover who had received packages at Taylor's apartment.
-One of the cops, of three in this inquiry, fired 10 of the 20 shots himself. He also apparently fired completely blind and was chastised by the chief there and fired for it. (I'm guessing if they can tie the bullets that struck Taylor to his gun, this guy will be facing charges.)
-The cop who got this warrant has been reassigned and his fate is waiting on the outcome of this investigation.

This is a tricky one because while I'm sure they want to sacrifice someone to appease the public, they will lose the police if they decide police executing a legal warrant cannot defend themselves when fired upon. However, the claims about not identifying themselves and the cop firing blindly are wildcards here. Are those factors enough to charge someone with homicide without completely losing the police force?

I don't envy the DA here. This is a no win situation.

I think the best possible outcome would be if all 5 bullets that struck Taylor belonged to the guy who fired blindly. You could then charge him with homicide of some sort. Meanwhile, you can terminate/reassign/charge the other two for improperly carrying out a warrant. You could also drop charges against Taylor's boyfriend due to the police not identifying themselves.

Of course, if body cameras were worn by other officers present and they did identify themselves... Now you're talking about charging the boyfriend, and you should probably get ready for riots.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
This is a tricky one because while I'm sure they want to sacrifice someone to appease the public, they will lose the police if they decide police executing a legal warrant cannot defend themselves when fired upon. However, the claims about not identifying themselves and the cop firing blindly are wildcards here. Are those factors enough to charge someone with homicide without completely losing the police force?
On the other hand, police here and there are beginning to not chase after people in cars who flee, because it isn't worth putting other people on the road in danger over what may have just been a minor traffic violation.

Maybe putting people at risk with no-knock warrants isn't worth catching the guy "receiving packages," even if they are drugs. Maybe the war on drugs already has an unacceptably high body count of innocents.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: On the other hand, police here and there are beginning to not chase after people in cars who flee, because it isn't worth putting other people on the road in danger over what may have just been a minor traffic violation.
Technology makes it possible to let those minor traffic infractions go, but the counter to that is the Spider-Man origin story.
GORDON wrote: Maybe putting people at risk with no-knock warrants isn't worth catching the guy "receiving packages," even if they are drugs. Maybe the war on drugs already has an unacceptably high body count of innocents.
They've already made the no-knock warrants illegal, but I genuinely wonder if that's the right way to go? How about we end the stupid war on drugs, and then no-knock warrants are only going to be used for serial killers and terrorists?