Peaceful Protesting 2020

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

And in my various "what response is appropriate?" training classes with a pistol loaded with blanks, including at the Ohio State Patrol Academy, I was always the schmuck who never fired the gun. And I was correct 100% of the time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm There's 3 immediate options besides execution that I can think of immediately.
It's much easier to think of options when you're not in the moment.
GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm A 3 inch blade isn't really a lethal weapon
Depends on where you cut someone. Gut? No. Throat? Yes. (Blade looks bigger than three inches.)

What if she just slashed her face and permanently disfigured her? That's ok? Sure, maybe a life is saved, but it's the life of someone willing to kill another person, and her life is going to be shit now anyway. Plus, the life of the person slashed is fucked. Meanwhile, you're now to blame for both.

Seems he was following policy:
If an officer is "faced with someone employing deadly force, deadly force can be the response," Woods told reporters.
GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm So you've got a taser right there on the belt
I covered the taser, which may or may not have worked. It doesn't drop everyone like you see in movies. My favorite Cops clip of all time was the black guy getting tased who stood there, took his cigarette out of his mouth, and said to his girlfriend, "Ima kill you bitch". He then slowly and controlled went to his knees assuming "the position". (It's actually quite funny and I first saw it on The Soup.)
GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pma flying tackle
And then someone else attacks you or the girl.
GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm Killing a child is always, always a complete failure of your job, no matter what.
But isn't it also a complete failure if you fail to save a child? (And truthfully, it's a failure of the parents that this girl's instinct was to grab a knife and start stabbing people.) Like the MSM wouldn't be crucifying him if he had let this girl stab everyone?

Plus, your statement is probably on the idealistic side. History is filled with murderous children in times of war and peace.

I'm not saying anything you suggest would have absolutely failed. I'm saying that it was a no win situation for the cop. No matter what he did, it was going to be the wrong answer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

I would always, instinctually err on the side of not killing a child. Without question.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

The cops yelling "Blue Lives Matter!" at black people, where they'd just killed that girl.

That seems actively evil to me, but I'm sensitive.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:18 pm I would always, instinctually err on the side of not killing a child. Without question.
I'm glad you went back to this because I was thinking about it this morning.

First of all, I'm impressed you could identify that big girl (who is as big as the actual adults at the scene) was a child and not an adult. It takes a trained eye to see the difference between a 16 year old and an 18 year old, particularly within the 6 seconds that cop was on scene, ignoring the body that came flying at him, and considering there was an active fight going on involving someone trying to murder two other girls with a clearly visible, and much larger than three inches, knife.
GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 pm Killing a child is always, always a complete failure of your job, no matter what. Nothing you say will convince me sometimes it's ok to kill a kid.
-WWII ended because we had a president who wasn't bothered by the fact that kids would be among the casualties in Japan when he dropped A bombs on them.

-Hell, every president and the majority of world leaders throughout history have children's blood on their hands. Some were absolutely justified, some not. (Probably most not...)

-The city-state (I believe that's what they were at the time?) of Milan suffered the lowest total number of deaths during the Black Plague because their city's leader absolutely shut down the borders. I believe they built a wall or something. They let men, women, and children, healthy or sick, die outside their gates. They refused entry to everyone.

-9/11 happened, in part, because Bill Clinton didn't pull the trigger on Osama bin Laden when he had the chance. Why? Because the terrorists had setup a swing set outside of where Osama was located. They correctly predicted this would prevent a U.S. airstrike.

-Every military in the world has killed kids. Sometimes accidentally. Sometimes on purpose. Sometimes maliciously. Sometimes in self defense. (Many children have fought in wars and still do.)

-Sophie had to choose to kill one kid or lose them both.

Point being, your statement might be a personal choice or code, but it proves you wouldn't make a very good leader. :P
GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:26 am That seems actively evil to me, but I'm sensitive.
I think you meant to say bigoted or biased. (And no, those cops shouldn't be doing that.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Defund the police.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

"Sex after killing a perp is the best sex." ~ A person training cops.

https://meaww.com/dave-grossman-police- ... ther-human
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

He's not wrong. Its been proven scientifically that the elevated emotions after violence can be expressed sexually and is often the punchline in movies and TV shows. Not to mention this is the sort of satisfaction mentioned by serial killers.

Is he the best trainer for law enforcement? With these views, I think it's a pretty clear "no". (You didn't choose the most damning thing he said to quote...he also says, "Killing is not that big a deal" and "Feel good about it".) Hell, I don't even think he'd be a good trainer for the military with these views, despite his resume.

In fact, that he's also a trainer for the military probably means this article has been posted on a forum somewhere by a person there who's pretty anti-military. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Maybe so the mob can doxx and grab pitchforks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Juror's lies on questionaire and attendance at a protest could be fuel for Chauvin to overturn his conviction. It isn't the only thing needed, but it's definitely a legit piece.

When do you think society is going to begin accepting that cameras are everywhere and you can't get away with shit anymore? That applies to both Chauvin and the juror.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Many police unions are going to change policies so as to not protect bad cops.

About time, and honestly, something ALL unions should have done from day 1. There's a massive difference between protecting jobs/workers and protecting shitty people.
Troy

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Troy »

What say you, forum? Is this the work of:
  • Anarchists (as the symbols would suggest)
  • Antifa (as the Congresswoman from SC says)
  • Proponents of the Pro Act (???)
  • The makers of pressure washers (it appears to only be on concrete)
  • something else entirely?
Last edited by Troy on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

An idiot.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:18 pm What say you, forum? Is this the work of:
  • Anarchists (as the symbols would suggest)
  • Antifa (as the Congresswoman from SC says)
  • Proponents of the Pro Act (???)
  • The makers of pressure washers (it appears to only be on concrete)
  • something else entirely?
My dollar is on "self inflicted."
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

My first thought was also self inflicted. However, I wouldn't discount some local teens being teens.
Troy

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Troy »

She appears to have two security cameras. If she files a police report and gives them the footage then you know it's real. Otherwise...
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

What a sad truth on the state of our society.

Graffiti found here, on Lebron's garage, etc. Nooses found in schools, on constructions sites, etc.

Everyone's first instinct is "they did it themselves", and that is usually the case.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:22 pmAn idiot.
GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:30 pm My dollar is on "self inflicted."
My answer allows for that, too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »