Peaceful Protesting 2020

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Do.people where you are regularly block roads to Starbucks?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

What's your guess on the Chauvin verdict? Will anyone be happy after it's announced?

Just based on the facts of the case and nothing else, I have to think he'll be found guilty of manslaughter. I don't think it can be proven that he intended for Floyd to die and Floyd probably would have died anyway due to the drugs in his system, but Chauvin, at the very least, prevented Floyd from getting help. At worst, he exacerbated Floyd's condition resulting in his death. Thus, manslaughter.

I'll be stunned if he isn't found guilty of that. Also pretty stunned if they find him guilty of second degree murder, which would mean they think Chauvin intended to kill Floyd. The third degree murder charge seems to be pretty similar to manslaughter, as it can apply even if the perpetrator did not intend to kill a victim.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Is verdict coming today, or soon?

I'm going to say manslaughter, because I haven't really been following it, and your argument sounds good.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Soon.

I genuinely hope they find him guilty.

1. Just to prevent more violence.
2. So shitty cops will maybe think twice before some of their actions.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

My prediction: not guilty of anything. He followed department rules and can't be prosecuted for it.

Then riots because that's horseshit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

No riots today, he got convicted of murder twice and manslaughter once, all for killing one guy.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/derek- ... index.html

"2nd degree unintentional murder" kinda seems like bullshit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:15 pm No riots today, he got convicted of murder twice and manslaughter once, all for killing one guy.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/derek- ... index.html

"2nd degree unintentional murder" kinda seems like bullshit.
Wow, I am surprised.
Troy

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:15 pm No riots today
Well, crap.
Troy

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Troy »

The honor roll student and sweet child was 100% in the motion of stabbing someone with a 3 inch blade when she got shot. That will hopefully calm things down.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:15 pm "2nd degree unintentional murder" kinda seems like bullshit.
That was the charge that surprised me, and I guess it was something the lawyers had to explain several times so the jury understood it does not mean Chauvin meant to kill Floyd.
Troy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:41 am The honor roll student and sweet child was 100% in the motion of stabbing someone with a 3 inch blade when she got shot. That will hopefully calm things down.
It will be interesting to see the public reaction to this one where the cop was clearly saving a life.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

By the way, did anyone see the remarks by Floyd's lawyer after the verdict?

First of all, even my hippie dippie wife thought it was nonsensical and rambling. I pointed out it was also full of inaccuracies and extremely one sided.

Secondly, the world's foremost race baiters were there: Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Sharpton, somehow, got to stand right next to the lawyer and actually checked his phone during the guy's speech.

Third, go find a clip if you didn't see it and watch Jesse Jackson. He's in the back looking like some sort of creeper. His mouth has apparently turned into a permanent frown and he doesn't blink the entire time. It's crazy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

LeBron James makes a huge gaff by tweeting out a photo of the Columbus cop with the caption of "You're next" before the video came out. He has since deleted it, but that hasn't stopped right wing Twitter from making him trend for "putting this guy's life and career at risk". And furthermore, unless he puts out an apology after the investigation plays out, IF the shoot is found to be legal, then Lebron's just another racist asshole.

Obviously the right wingers are blowing the tweet out of proportion, and it's clear he meant this cop would be tried ala Chauvin. However, they do have a point about someone like Lebron putting this guy's face on blast without knowing any actual facts. He is eliminating any chance for the legal system to play out as intended. He's "poisoning the well" as one judge put it in a recent case.

GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

Taser's right there.

Imagine if police weren't allowed to kill people .
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:47 pm Imagine if police weren't allowed to kill people .
Imagine if normal citizens weren't allowed to kill people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

No normal citizen would get away with what that cop did, the way he will.

People will actually argue that he gets to go home a hero for killing a teen girl.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:16 pm No normal citizen would get away with what that cop did, the way he will.
And yet they do every day. They just don't get plastered as headlines because nobody gives a fuck. It doesn't sell papers unless there's race involved.

Approximately 44 people get murdered in the U.S. every day. That does not count negligent murders/manslaughter. How many do you see on the news daily?
GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:16 pm People will actually argue that he gets to go home a hero for killing a teen girl.
Tell us how you would have handled that situation. You get the exact same time frame. I'd like to hear your expertise after so many decades in law enforcement. I'm certain you've encountered situations like this many, many times and deescalated them successfully. Tell me how that taser would have successfully stopped the girl's immediate attempt to murder another girl, and when it didn't, what you think the outcome of that would have been.
Leisher
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by Leisher »

Lebron James gets a double-double as he has another stupid tweet about this shit today. Instead of getting the full story, like in the other one, he flies off the handle not realizing this is the thing George Floyd's brother said, and who has even come out in defense of the Raiders' tweet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Peaceful Protesting 2020

Post by GORDON »

There's 3 immediate options besides execution that I can think of immediately.

A 3 inch blade isn't really a lethal weapon, unless you're a ninja. So you've got a taser right there on the belt, a flying tackle and maybe the other person gets a couple stiches from the blade, and good ol' de-escalation.

Killing a child is always, always a complete failure of your job, no matter what. Nothing you say will convince me sometimes it's ok to kill a kid.

The fact he had a taser.... why even bother carrying it, if you're just going for a better K:D score, anyway?