Cicadas 2020

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Cicadas 2020

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Cicadas 2020

Post by thibodeaux »

It's really not that big a deal. At least, I don't remember it being that big a deal last time.

Article is paywalled so I don't even know what it says.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cicadas 2020

Post by GORDON »

I didn't read it but it probably said OMG CICADAS ARE A COVID VECTOR THAT WILL.PRIMARILY.FOCUS CHILDREN OMG OMG OMG CLICK CLIKC CLICK $$$
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Cicadas 2020

Post by TheCatt »

They get awfully chirpy.

Also, I hear they can mate with murder hornets.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Cicadas 2020

Post by thibodeaux »

I like the sound of cicadas. And when you're a kid, the discarded husks are cool.

Or possible very creepy and nightmare-inducing, YMMV.
GORDON
Site Admin

Cicadas 2020

Post by GORDON »

So this year is "Brood X." Biggest one ever, supposedly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brood_X

I was driving through Kentucky the other day up I-75. Mostly mountains and deciduous trees as far as the eye can see. Couldn't wait for a rest stop, pulled over on the side of the road to pee. My truck has batwing doors, so I'm able to open them both and have a private stall with view completely blocked from the road.

Anyway, I'm peeing, and I realize it's loud as hell, and the sky is full of large insects. One lands near me and I realize I'm in the middle of a cicada swarm.... I estimate I can see 50 at any given time, and they're loud as hell. After I got back on the road, and was now paying attention, I was in the same swarm for at least 50 miles, up into Ohio. I could always see scores of cicadas flying around me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Cicadas 2020

Post by thibodeaux »

Admit it, you tried to shoot them down with your pee.