Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

In MI, they had crews from Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio come in to help restore power. Also, yes, it was a 5 minute storm.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:48 pm But does GDP mean things are back to normal? I say no.

At work one of our sales divisions is an absolute dumpster fire internally and there are all kinds of supply chain and logistics issues. Driver shortages, raw material prices skyrocketing, shortages of those same materials, worker shortages at our customers and at the raw material places, etc. However, the division is making money because of price increases despite much lower sales volume. Typically, I would just look at profit, but being an employee owner I care about the long term outlook and there are major problems that need to be resolved and no solutions in sight.

This is a recurring theme everywhere I look. As an example, I cannot think of a restaurant in this area whose labor costs haven't tripled, their hours or days open been cut, and items missing from their menus due to shortages.

Seems to me the economy is kind of staying together with duct tape and gum right now but nobody is talking about it because money is being made and there's a D in office.
China facing the same "normal GDP", but underlying issues.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

OPEC says no to US request for more oil production.

What a shocking development.

U.S. - "Hey, can you make more oil, and thus, drive prices down?"
OPEC - "Nah."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Thing with OPEC is, they love backstabbing each other.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Toyota cutting production 40% in September, last of the major automakers to face a cutback, due to lack of chips.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Post-Corona Economy

Post by thibodeaux »

And China hasn’t even invaded Taiwan yet. Wtf
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:30 pm OPEC says no to US request for more oil production.

What a shocking development.

U.S. - "Hey, can you make more oil, and thus, drive prices down?"
OPEC - "Nah."
Well, oil's already down from 75 to 64 in the past 6 weeks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Not because of our begging or do you think some backdoor deal was made?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:26 am Not because of our begging or do you think some backdoor deal was made?
I just think it's demand and perceived lack of future demand since the virus keeps going.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

The court is right on this one.

Why would the CDC have the power to ban evictions? That's not their area of expertise. What about diseases makes them economic experts? That's where Congress has to step in and do their job.

Considering the political capital that would come from saving people from evictions, one wonders why justices aligned with the party that controls Congress would abstain. Is it for their own approval ratings? Because the House will be a slam dunk, and a vote in the Senate can be played out in the MSM as evil if Rs don't vote for extending the ban.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:06 am one wonders why justices aligned with the party that controls Congress would abstain.
They dissented, not abstained.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:18 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:06 am one wonders why justices aligned with the party that controls Congress would abstain.
They dissented, not abstained.
Thank you, even worse.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

The Great Resignation is here.

I actually wonder if it will get worse before it gets better. Too many people saw that their employers didn’t care about them during a pandemic. Too many want to work remotely. Too many want fair pay and aren’t willing to work for peanuts anymore.

I think this is a bit of a workers revolution.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Except at your company?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

We've lost three key sales people so far. Everyone else is waiting out the incoming president.

Things are going to get better or it hits my company next year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:44 pm
GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Economy may have contracted by > 50% in the 2nd quarter.

Which is certainly much higher than any prior estimates.
Contemplate the shortfall of taxes that were supposed to pay for the next deficit federal budget.

They may have to institute an electric car tax at the national level.

I'm standing by my "10 years to previous levels" prediction.
Worst case GDP exceeds 2019 levels in 2022.
!RmindMe 12/31/2021 and 12/31/2022
It already happened in 2021.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Yes everything is back to normal.
vd0kv8nu3sk71.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:41 pm Yes everything is back to normal.
Normal enough.