Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Probably going to be until there's a legit vaccine.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

I realized our budget is doing better than I expected post-corona. My wife stopped going to her personal trainer, canceled all big travel for the year, our cleaners stopped coming, we paid off our car loan, drive less, and go out to dinner way less.

We buy more/better groceries though. And have spent some $$$ on random entertainment crap.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Gun stocks tumble after upbeat vaccine news, lack of civil unrest
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Wait a minute, the republican newsletter said we'd be looting best buy if trump lost. Is that off? I wanted some cables.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wait a minute, the republican newsletter said we'd be looting best buy if trump lost. Is that off? I wanted some cables.
None of the good stores are close enough for me to loot.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

"The economy as we know it may be over."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/economy/ ... index.html
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

"We're recovering, but to a different economy"

I saw the article as positive over all. The economy will be different because we were forced to rapidly adopt newer technologies and ways to do things. But that doesn't mean it will be bad. Just different. And hell, one MAJOR difference I welcome and hope stays is there are far far far fewer cars on the roads today. Rush hour traffic jams occur about once a month now, instead of every morning for hours. And they are always due to an accident.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: I welcome and hope stays is there are far far far fewer cars on the roads today. Rush hour traffic jams occur about once a month now, instead of every morning for hours. And they are always due to an accident.
Yes. Stay the fuck home you people who fuck up my roads! (not sarcasm)
Cakedaddy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I have to wonder how much better this setup is. The need for office space/rent goes away. Roads/fuel/emissions/etc are saved. Restaurants will take a big hit because people won't be going out to lunch. But from a 'My Business' stand point, how many businesses are seeing reduced costs, increased production from this? How many people are less productive because the boss isn't around? Etc. Find people that are good at working from home and I have to assume businesses can save a lot from this new economy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Quality of life improves for the commuter, fewer hours wasted on the road.

Schoolkids no longer have a snow day, ever.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

I WFH 85% of the time, but those 3 days I went to Boston back in the day cost the company about $2k each time. I should ask for a raise :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

I don't see how any days are getting saved without the banks allowing a moratorium on the mortgage the landlord is paying.

My PERSONAL mortgage company has a link on the account homepage, "If you need COVID assistance due to loss of income, click here," but I don't know if that's been mandated, or if they're just playing it smart? Foreclosing on a delinquent mortgage and losing all the back money is going to cost them more by just calling it a loss and starting fresh with a new owner... if they can even get one in a COVID economy.

But without the mortgage companies on board, CDC mandates only mean the apartment is seized by the bank instead of the landlord.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: but I don't know if that's been mandated, or if they're just playing it smart?
If federally-backed, then yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

I hope movie theaters are making enough to stay open with the private watch parties.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Landlords are running out of money.

That's going to lead to evictions or if Congress passes an extension on the "no evictions" thing, then it's going to mean landlords have to sell. The only people who will be able to afford to buy will be corporations, and you see where this is going...

It's hard to imagine any government having handled this crisis worse than ours. And if you think only one party/person is to blame, you're an idiot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The only people who will be able to afford to buy will be corporations, and you see where this is going...
The same way it's been going for the past 11 years, honestly.
Leisher wrote: It's hard to imagine any government having handled this crisis worse than ours.
I dunno, I don't have information on EVERYONE, but yeah.
Leisher wrote:
And if you think only one party/person is to blame, you're an idiot.
Yeah.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

I decided to pay back my PPP loan. For some reason, my bank, where I have my bus + personal accts + the loan, won't let me pay it back from any of my accounts. Then it tells me to create a NEW account to pay it back. Like wtf? Guess it's time to call or see someone.