Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Not a tragedy. They're making money. It'll be used as a "get them back in the office and supervised like children" rationale. Great for lower management but not great for society overall
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Somewhere I predicted Depression. This person agrees.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jpmorga ... rse-2022-8
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

NYT out here running features on how consumers are being forced to shop for lower tier products.

They must not know consumers are thrilled with life now because gas is under $4/gallon. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:52 pm NYT out here running features on how consumers are being forced to shop for lower tier products.

They must not know consumers are thrilled with life now because gas is under $4/gallon. :D
"You aren't appreciating your shit sandwich enough. Yeah you didn't need to eat it last year, but at least it's smaller than last month. You should appreciate that."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

The US is doing better than almost everyone.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:15 pm The US is doing better than almost everyone.
WHOOO!!! We suck less! We suck less!!

China at 2.7% Super easy to fight inflation when you can just take your citizens' money whenever you want. Not to mention the slave labor, industrial espionage, pirating industry, lying about everything, and so on. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

And possibly just flat-out lying about their numbers.

I bet they are much worse than 2.7%.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Every # out of China is a lie. Or manipulated. So yes, it may be 2.7%, but only because it's mandated to be that.
Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:15 am WHOOO!!! We suck less! We suck less!!
Just saying, it's not Trump/Biden's faults.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:31 am Just saying, it's not Trump/Biden's faults.
Very true and I think any reasonable person would acknowledge that based on what covid did to the planet.

However, our world is not filled with reasonable people and it doesn't help when the presidents tout economic victories, or just not negative news, as wins thanks to their personal efforts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Inflation easing, fewer Americans living paycheck to paycheck
Of those earning $200,000 or more, roughly 30% reported living paycheck to paycheck, down from 36% the previous month.
WTF? Even if you're in SF or NYC...

Gas is $3.60 here, which is a nice change of pace from the nearly $5.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

The real headline being more than half of all Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. Not awesome.

And I'm with you, if you make $200K and are living paycheck to paycheck, you need to take some money management classes or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

The U.S. economy added 315,000 jobs in August, and more Americans came in off the sidelines to return to work, showing how the labor market remains resilient in the face of higher interest rates and rising prices.
Unemployment up from 3.5% to 3.7% as more people looking for work.

A solid jobs report.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

the stock is garbage and any holder is a fucking idiot
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Stocks falling and prices still rising.

Inflation fears persist.

BTW, I've heard Biden's emergency release of oil that barely edged down prices ends soon. That correct?

I don't think it'll really affect much, but it will be interesting to see how it gets spun by both sides.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

I think I remember W releasing a bunch of oil from the strategic reserve, and it didn't do much for the price of gas.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:58 pm , I've heard Biden's emergency release of oil that barely edged down prices ends soon. That correct?
oil prices have dropped significantly since it was tapped, and down about 30% from highs. Due to this action?who knows how attributable.