Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Last month it was inflation and an overheating economy.

This month it's the slowing economy
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Fire a million.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

But sir, five hundred thous...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:37 pm Stocks are tumbling thanks to covid delta.
10 yr bond down below 1.2%. Insanity.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Being the MSM, they will easily spin the verbal confrontation as the worst kind of nazi assault on all of our freedoms.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Small town are offering cash to move there.

They want the new large percentage of remote workers thanks to covid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Job switchers are winning
While average wage growth for all workers increased just 1.5% in June compared to a year ago, it’s up by 5.8% for job-switchers, according to the latest Workforce Vitality Report from ADP, the payroll company.
I just hired someone I used to manage, and he should get about a 50% bump on average.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Car market is still fucked up, and I had a bar owner tell me the other day that they have no bottled beer, only draft and cans, because there's a covid bottle cap shortage.

My ten years to recovery prediction is still in play.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:49 am Car market is still fucked up, and I had a bar owner tell me the other day that they have no bottled beer, only draft and cans, because there's a covid bottle cap shortage.

There's snafus here and there, but GDP has already exceeded pre-pandemic levels.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:55 am
GORDON wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:49 am Car market is still fucked up, and I had a bar owner tell me the other day that they have no bottled beer, only draft and cans, because there's a covid bottle cap shortage.

There's snafus here and there, but GDP has already exceeded pre-pandemic levels.
But does GDP mean things are back to normal? I say no.

At work one of our sales divisions is an absolute dumpster fire internally and there are all kinds of supply chain and logistics issues. Driver shortages, raw material prices skyrocketing, shortages of those same materials, worker shortages at our customers and at the raw material places, etc. However, the division is making money because of price increases despite much lower sales volume. Typically, I would just look at profit, but being an employee owner I care about the long term outlook and there are major problems that need to be resolved and no solutions in sight.

This is a recurring theme everywhere I look. As an example, I cannot think of a restaurant in this area whose labor costs haven't tripled, their hours or days open been cut, and items missing from their menus due to shortages.

Seems to me the economy is kind of staying together with duct tape and gum right now but nobody is talking about it because money is being made and there's a D in office.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Yeah.... shit is still fucked, and covid numbers are rising, and I still say it's arguable that the previous "torpedo the economy" measures did anything useful.

10 years to normality still in play.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:48 pm Seems to me the economy is kind of staying together with duct tape and gum right now but nobody is talking about it because money is being made and there's a D in office.
Looks to me like the economy is basically fine, with some issues here and there. You need water, electricity, and food, and you've got them.

GDP says the economy is the same size as it used to be. That's how we measure the economy. These disruptions just mean it's not bigger.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:55 pm You need water, electricity, and food, and you've got them.
I was without electricity for over 24 hours a few days ago. :D

Food is one to watch because prices are skyrocketing at restaurants and stores. Not to mention there are logistical and worker issues up and down their supply chains. Food producers are way behind because of worker shortages more than anything else.

But people are making money, so everything is fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, the fancy area of NW toledo was out in the same outtage, I had refugees in my house. It amazed me that it took them 24 hours to get power back on in the middle of a city, and the wind wasn't even that strong or sustained. I assumed staffing shortages.