Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Triangle housing market: Demand at ‘all-time high’ but affordability at ‘all-time low’
That's not a "but"... that's cause + effect.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Producer Price Index goes up way more than expected.

The only good news is that it's lower than last month's trailing twelve month rate. So things might be slowing a little.
Troy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:59 pm
Triangle housing market: Demand at ‘all-time high’ but affordability at ‘all-time low’
That's not a "but"... that's cause + effect.
"He was struck by lightning, but he 'stopped breathing' "
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Home prices up 15% from last Feb.

Lots of people buying now are going to be underwater again when the market adjusts.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Disney employees walking out over new CEO.

Social BS aside, don't be surprised if there are more powerful entities enabling the people doing the walkouts. Chapek has been quite a disappointment and a major step down from Iger.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Jobless claims lowest since 1969
The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits last week fell to its lowest level in 52 years as the U.S. job market continues to show strength in the midst of rising costs and an ongoing virus pandemic.

Jobless claims fell by 28,000 to 187,000 for the week ending March 19, the lowest since September of 1969, the Labor Department reported Thursday. First-time applications for jobless aid generally track the pace of layoffs.

The four-week average for claims, which compensates for weekly volatility, also fell to levels not seen in five decades. The Labor Department reported that the four week moving average tumbled to 211,750 from the previous week’s 223,250.

In total, 1,350,000 Americans were collecting jobless aid the week that ended March 12, another five-decade low.

Earlier this month, the government reported that employers added a robust 678,000 jobs in February, the largest monthly total since July. The unemployment rate dropped to 3.8%, from 4% in January, extending a sharp decline in joblessness to its lowest level since before the pandemic erupted two years ago.
Economy doing fabulously.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Serious question: Thanks Trump? Thanks Biden? Or thanks to other people and factors because one person, even the president, really doesn't affect the economy that much?

I have noticed my stocks are climbing again after all of them being in free fall.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

The rule is usually the stuff that happens now is due to the stuff the previous president did 2-4 years ago.

Well, as long as the good stuff was from a dem president, and the bad stuff was a repub president. It's the opposite when it's the opposite.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:21 pm The rule is usually the stuff that happens now is due to the stuff the previous president did 2-4 years ago.
I've generally said 1 year, but it depends on what was done (any major legislation, etc) done in the first year.

Overall, this is obviously just a rebound from the pandemic, and the president doesn't matter.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Fine, another argument for raising minimum wage.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Like I said the other day, it's been weaponized. That has to give people pause.

The author of that article needs to stop copying me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:55 pm
Like I said the other day, it's been weaponized. That has to give people pause.

The author of that article needs to stop copying me.
I mean, good reason not to get into economic beds with bad actors (*cough* China *cough*)
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Imagine corporations having to shift away from maximizing profits for shareholders at all costs.... and actually being forced to apply morals to their transactions. Yikes. Seriously, sounds messy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

The story is behind a Reuter's paywall, but apparently lawmakers are potentially going to change some stock trading rules to "aid small investors".
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Job market is still nuts.

4.4M quit
6.2M hired
11.3M job openings.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:36 am Job market is still nuts.

4.4M quit
6.2M hired
11.3M job openings.
That quit-hired-fired gap implies the labor force should be very close to pre-pandemic #s once March labor numbers are out.