Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Come on, paper champion.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Troy »

Ended my year with strong utilization numbers despite not doing much until May. Was an absolute road dog for like 6 months. Things still seem to be rolling ahead in January in the Legal world. For now anyway.

It’d be nice if I could get the same amt of hours in 2022 but they not be compressed due to Covid. I also got lucky that no juror or lawyer caught COVID at any trial. Very lucky. Seems like this winter is going to be brutal.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Congrats on the good year. Hope you get to leave the road.

This winter will indeed be more brutal since the new strain is easier to catch. Although, it seems like many organizations are changing protocols to match. For example, the NFL is going to stop testing unless you're showing symptoms.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Shortages fixed by 2022? Nope.

Intel: Into 2023

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021 ... -into-2023
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Rite-Aid joins CVS is scaling back on the number of stores they have.

I know of an area here where there are 3 Rite-Aids in an area about the size of one city block.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:00 pm Rite-Aid joins CVS is scaling back on the number of stores they have.

I know of an area here where there are 3 Rite-Aids in an area about the size of one city block.
Where we live there's roughly 1 gas station, and 400 drug stores. Oh, and 200 mattress stores.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Kellogg strike is over.

Weird how the workers quickly settled once management moved to replace them. It's almost like that's a legit tactic to get people off a ridiculous demand.
thibodeaux

Post-Corona Economy

Post by thibodeaux »

No lie, there's an intersection near my house that had on each corner:
- Rite Aid
- CVS
- Walgreens
- A church...I guess in case the drugs don't help (j/k pretty sure the church was there first; maybe pharmacies do the thing Burger King does w McD only with churches)

The Rite Aid is gone (merged with one of the others I forget) but was replaced by some kind of strip mall doctor office.
Troy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:37 am Shortages fixed by 2022? Nope.

Intel: Into 2023

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021 ... -into-2023
Are they factoring in the Chinese invasion of Tawaian that will occur in 2023 after they get all these new Carriers up to operational capacity? Because that will likely push it out longer.
Troy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Troy »

Don't get distracted by the war though, there should be PRIME investment properties opening up in the heartland by then, with Q-families having put their assets through probate and inevitably on the market to cover funeral and hospital costs.
It's the first time since 1937 that the U.S. population grew by fewer than 1 million people and the lowest growth since at least 1900, when the Census Bureau began population estimates.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 976607002/
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Honestly, is the slower growing population supposed to be taken as bad news? Based on everything going on, not only do I see that as a win, but I really hope the entire planet's population growth is the same (or decreases).

Of course I also think Thanos was right, so...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:51 am Honestly, is the slower growing population supposed to be taken as bad news? Based on everything going on, not only do I see that as a win, but I really hope the entire planet's population growth is the same (or decreases).
It's bad for the economy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:54 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:51 am Honestly, is the slower growing population supposed to be taken as bad news? Based on everything going on, not only do I see that as a win, but I really hope the entire planet's population growth is the same (or decreases).
Short term thinking.

We need a culling so the economy can come back stronger with better people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:55 am We need a culling so the economy can come back stronger with better people.
Probably the 'wrong' people having babies.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:54 am
.... bad for the economy, as it is now.
Troy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:29 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:55 am We need a culling so the economy can come back stronger with better people.
Probably anecdotal, but 5 new babies in the last year among our SF & CA friends.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:55 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:29 am
Probably anecdotal, but 5 new babies in the last year among our SF & CA friends.
So, definitely the wrong people :)
Troy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:12 pm Kellogg strike is over.

Weird how the workers quickly settled once management moved to replace them. It's almost like that's a legit tactic to get people off a ridiculous demand.
Lol - I'm hearing the exact opposites here. Kellogg totally caved, strikers gave up NO concessions, got EVERYTHING they asked for.

And the scabs? Fucked up an entire production floor and they couldn't find anyone competent to replace them. Kellogg's booted them all immediately, only keeping the full time employees they added during the strike.

My source was reading an update from the union reps on twitter, but I'm sure we can find better.
Troy

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Troy »

Good on them frankly. With inflation +10% and labor being more valuable then any point in history that I've been alive for, I think everyone should be asking for more money.

I sure has hell am.

Also the conditions noted in that Article at the Kellogg's plants would make me want to strike, or quit, too.
Kellogg has been running short-staffed at the plants for years and requiring workers to work seven-days a week on overtime because of an inability to hire additional staff. The work schedules and staffing is one of the factors in the current labor negotiations.
Take them by the balls, now is the time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:53 pm I sure has hell am.
I'm not :(

But, I kinda make a stupid amt of $ already.