Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Cubicles suck.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Job creation short of expectations
Nonfarm payrolls increased 559,000 in May, below the 671,000 estimate.
The unemployment rate fell to 5.8%, slightly better than expected and below April’s 6.1%.
An alternative measure of unemployment that includes discouraged workers and those holding parttime jobs for economic reasons edged lower to 10.2%.
The employment- to-population ratio, which some Fed officials have cited as an important gauge of labor progress, inched higher to 58% but remained well short of its pre-pandemic level of 61.1%.
The economy grew at a 6.4% pace in the first quarter and is on track to accelerate at a 10.3% pace in the second quarter, according to the latest reading from the Federal Reserve in Atlanta.

But the U.S. jobs level is still about 7 million shy of where it was pre-pandemic, a situation Fed officials repeatedly have cited as justification for keeping policy easy.
Disappointing news. Which is good for the market since it will keep rates low.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:23 am Disappointing news.
Interesting.

CNN's headline on the same story: "US labor market recovery picks up steam, adding 559,000 jobs in May"
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:44 am CNN's headline on the same story: "US labor market recovery picks up steam, adding 559,000 jobs in May"
Technically, true.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

It is and they get into the negative part in the second paragraph of the article. However, we all know if an R was president we all know the headline would have focused on the negative. In fact, I'm guessing FOX's headline on this topic probably does focus on the negative side?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:16 am It is and they get into the negative part in the second paragraph of the article. However, we all know if an R was president we all know the headline would have focused on the negative. In fact, I'm guessing FOX's headline on this topic probably does focus on the negative side?
Jobs report falls short as benefits encourage workers to stay home
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

HA! So fucking predictable.

I will never stop screaming that we need a real option for unbiased news coverage to replace these propaganda machines.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

The mission of the "news" is not to keep people informed. The mission is to raise ad revenue.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Lumber coming back down to earth, has a ways to go.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Stay high for another month or two!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:27 pm Stay high for another month or two!
you talking to wood prices, or Stranger?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

I'm glad I did most of my house refurb projects between 2015 and 2019.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:32 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:27 pm Stay high for another month or two!
you talking to wood prices, or Stranger?
Zing!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Low income people lost lots of jobs. High income people didn't. They gained a bit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

That's a pretty large "duh?".
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:57 am Covid might have taught employees to stand up for themselves and demand more...or it didn't.
Well, as long as the labor market is tight, it has. But once things change...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Things will gravitate right back to the bottom, like it did the first time .

The labor market, I mean. If people are willing to work for minimum wage, MW won't change