The SCOTUS thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

I'm pro-choice and vaxed, but this made me laugh:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

More fallout from the abortion ruling on the Twitters...

Loads of this type of thing:

Thankfully, there's also humor:

And "Oh Snap!" moments:

Then there's the threats against Christians:

Responses were what you'd expect, but this one made me laugh:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

I'm not sure I'd say small rural towns are "defenseless."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

No, anyone who goes there thinking they'll walk over a town is going to learn really quickly about the 2nd amendment.
Cakedaddy

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Cakedaddy »

Russia vs Ukraine all over again.

"We'll roll in 100 deep"
"Oh shit. They're smackin' the shit out of us."
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

There are no cops in my small town, and I'm pretty sure I heard automatic gunfire the other night. A couple 7-9 round bursts.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

SCOTUS' latest ruling has pissed off the Ds and White House again.

I have no idea if this is good or bad, but I do know that I'm really sick and tired of people saying justices need to do "what's right". No they fucking don't. That's Congress' job. They make the laws. SCOTUS is just there to decide if the created laws adhere to the Constitution. If a law fails that test according to SCOTUS, then Congress needs to make a new law that does.

And the constant voting along party lines is complete horseshit too. They're not politicians, they're judges and should be making rulings based on the law, not their political beliefs. The odds of the 6 conservative justices or the 3 liberal justices ALWAYS interpreting the law the same way as the others with their leanings are slim to none.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

Sides with Biden on "Remain in Mexico".

So prepare for an influx of Catholics who Ds want here to vote for them, but based on current trends will end up voting R.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

CNN has two headline articles up today bashing SCOTUS. This is something they've been doing ever since Roe v Wade was overturned. Here's an "analysis" piece claiming SCOTUS is responding poorly to public criticism.

Uh, call me crazy, but why should SCOTUS give two fucks about public opinion? In fact, them not caring about public opinion is a GOOD thing. They're there to make rulings based on the letter of the law, not because something is popular.

Now if you wrote an article about judges at all levels towing a political party's line, THAT is a conversation we should be having. Judges shouldn't base any rulings on their political, personal, or religious beliefs.
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

History suggests that SCOTUS sometimes makes Constitutional decisions not based on how the document was intended, but whether or not they'll get flack at their next cocktail party.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

And that alone should be enough to have them removed from the bench.
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

I don't think there's a mechanism in place for that. Therefore, they'd declare their getting fired to be unconstitutional.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:32 am I don't think there's a mechanism in place for that.
There actually is, and it's called the 2nd amendment. That's why the government and their stooges really want to take it away from us.
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

"yabbut you cant fight the whole US military so 2nd amendment argument moot"
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

Fuck do I hate that ignorant argument. Seriously, tell me you know NOTHING about history and the military without telling me you know nothing about history and the military.

It's mind boggling that actual intelligent people say that and think it's a legit point. It proves how clouded people can become by their political biases.
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

CNN wants you to know trust in the Supreme Court is at an all time low.

Gee, I wonder why?

First, Roe vs Wade wasn't going to win them fans.

Second, CNN and their ilk have spent a lot of time and effort bashing SCOTUS ever since Trump's appointees were added, including helping to spread proven falsehoods against one of them. Then when RvW was overturned instead of diving into the "why" of the ruling, instead it was all "here's why conservatives hate you, these appointees lied!, how this hurts women, the poors, and minorities most, etc.

Seriously, if you don't see how the MSM is massively harmful to our society, then you're not paying attention.

It boggles the mind how people can say things like "FAUX News!!" or "Communist News Network", then spend all night watching the one they weren't bashing and believing they're getting unbiased news.
GORDON
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by GORDON »

"you people who claim both sides are bad are also as bad as Hitler and someone should do something about you"
Leisher
Site Admin

The SCOTUS thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:21 pm "you people who claim both sides are bad are also as bad as Hitler and someone should do something about you"
Those people are the absolute worst of the worst. They are the most brainwashed cultists of them all.