Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

It’s very simple. Vaccinated people can get infected and can spread the virus. From this, several things follow.

Most importantly, the vaccine is not going to end the virus. Even if everyone were vaccinated, people would still be catching and spreading it, as sadly, dying from it. We should stop acting like it’s The Stand and start acting like it’s the flu. It’s endemic, seasonal, not that big a deal for most people, and if you’re worried about it, the vaccine seems to protect you pretty well. Everything else is futility.

The fact that our government refuses to recognize that the immunity from previous infection is at least as good as if not superior to vaccination is also a serious red flag to me. This is absolutely unscientific and is an absurd policy.

These things are simple truth. I leave to your own conscience the decision as to whether it’s justified to hate and mock people who have not been vaccinated. If that’s your idea of entertainment, I want no part of it.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

thibodeaux wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:38 pm It’s very simple. Vaccinated people can get infected and can spread the virus. From this, several things follow.

Most importantly, the vaccine is not going to end the virus. Even if everyone were vaccinated, people would still be catching and spreading it, as sadly, dying from it. We should stop acting like it’s The Stand and start acting like it’s the flu. It’s endemic, seasonal, not that big a deal for most people, and if you’re worried about it, the vaccine seems to protect you pretty well. Everything else is futility.

The fact that our government refuses to recognize that the immunity from previous infection is at least as good as if not superior to vaccination is also a serious red flag to me. This is absolutely unscientific and is an absurd policy.

These things are simple truth. I leave to your own conscience the decision as to whether it’s justified to hate and mock people who have not been vaccinated. If that’s your idea of entertainment, I want no part of it.

Imagine contributing to this echo chamber nonsense and not recognizing your own part in it.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

GOOD

I wish they would stop prioritizing hospitals beds for them too. There are plenty of people with regular injuries that are avoiding hospitals/ICUs because of the Covidiots.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:38 pm Most importantly, the vaccine is not going to end the virus.
this is not true. Ergo, nothing you day is true. We have vaccination rates for each disease that will reach herd immunity, such as measles, etc. This is nothing new.

You appear to want no part of facts, either, which is up to you, i guess.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

this is not true. Ergo, nothing you say is true
That's not even good logic.
We have vaccination rates for each disease that will reach herd immunity, such as measles, etc. This is nothing new.
SOME diseases, yes. Not all. We still have flu. We still have colds. Hell, people still get measles.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

And how can you say I want no part of facts?

It is a fact that vaccinated people can get it. Do you deny this?

It is a fact that vaccinated people can spread it. Do you deny this?

These are facts. Do you deny them?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:06 pm That's not even good logic.
If your foundation is faulty, your conclusions are faulty.
thibodeaux wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:06 pm Hell, people still get measles.
I guess I missed the 300k/yr of people dying, plus the hospitals filling from measles from those 13 cases we had last year.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Sarcasm is the last refuge of the beaten.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

thibodeaux wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:15 pm And how can you say I want no part of facts?

It is a fact that vaccinated people can get it. Do you deny this?

It is a fact that vaccinated people can spread it. Do you deny this?

These are facts. Do you deny them?
Answer the question. Yes or no. THIS is the foundation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

But it's not boolean, that's absurd. Are any of the vaccines boolean?
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

I’m asking if you agree that those statements are true, and if so that you retract your assertion that I’m not interested in facts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:24 pm I’m asking if you agree that those statements are true, and if so that you retract your assertion that I’m not interested in facts.
Your interest in a few facts does not demonstrate interest in facts.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:53 pm
thibodeaux wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:24 pm I’m asking if you agree that those statements are true, and if so that you retract your assertion that I’m not interested in facts.
Your interest in a few facts does not demonstrate interest in facts.
Absolute waste of breath with the true believers.

This is why we catalogue their words and relentlessly mock their stupidity after they accept their awards. The following generations will see the truth.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Not jumping into the middle of the fracas! Just stopped by with some headlines that are trending today.
I lost the tweet, but more people have now died from Covid in the U.S. in 2021 than in 2020.

Another reminder that those who rule us truly believe they're above us. The defense is, of course, sarcasm, but that was not sarcasm. Pfizer immunity drops off after two months.

Pfizer about to be approved for 5 to 11 year olds?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Man kills brother (and sister-in-law) for being a pharmacist who "killed people" by giving out Covid vaccines. wtf?
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

Redemption stories don't deserve scorn and ridicule, when you come through to the other side you deserve pity and hope. Especially if it takes losing your partner to get there. Heartbreaking.

So much of what she is posting is a shield against what her anti-vaxxer friends will respond. That is the only thing worth scorning.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:49 am
The IHME forecast that goal will be reached by the end of May. And by September, 185 million Americans -- equivalent to about 88% of the adult population -- will be vaccinated, the modelers say.
X - Doubt

!RmindMe 9/30/2021
Well, that was an easy win.
About 67.6% of the adult population is fully vaccinated.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

COVID No. 1 cause of death for 35-to-54-year-olds in September
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/live-upda ... 3#80561018
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

That says 90k deaths since June?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Sanjay Gupta talk to Joe Rogan about some of Thib's arguments.