Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

A friend of mine said he had no side effects. But then he said he slept 11 hours two nights in a row.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I'm curious if world/USA population has actually gone down since the pandemic started.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:53 pm I'm curious if world/USA population has actually gone down since the pandemic started.
I don't wish death upon anyone, but I hope so.

We're outgrowing this marble, and we either need to start colonizing other marbles or...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

So if my reaction to the Covid vaccine is, "A little bit of fatigue for a day," I wonder if I've gotten Covid at some point in the last year, and just didn't realize it because I napped it off. I've never had a reason to get tested. Lots of people ended up being asymptomatic, when they got it.

Actually, I do remember a week when I couldn't taste SOME foods. Not all, just some things. I figured a partial-loss means I didnt have it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Corona must have hit India hard...

I´ve not recieved a single phone call this week from Microsoft to warn me about a virus on my computer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

I feel dirty laughing at that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

The Coronavirus might have eliminated snow days permanently. Whenever school makes school travel ill advised, NYC is just going to hold classes remotely. I expect all school systems will eventually follow.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

To keep in practice with such things, they should make 1 day a week permanently remote. That way when they have the first snow day of the year in December, they aren't scrambling to remember how to do it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:28 pm The Coronavirus might have eliminated snow days permanently. Whenever school makes school travel ill advised, NYC is just going to hold classes remotely. I expect all school systems will eventually follow.
GOOD.

Fuck snow days. Especially here. "Someone saw a snowflake, shut it all down for 2 days"
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Invent teleportation and render snow travel irrelevant.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

2nd shot today and I'm not sure when the next pandemic is, but I'll be returning to the same place to get whatever vaccine is needed then.

My 1st shot was administered by a very attractive blonde woman who turned out to be the pharmacist. We're talking a 9. Great body, great face, and had a really warm personality.

Today my shot was done by a pixie who seemed to be from the Middle East. No religious/traditional garb, but had the right accent and skin tone. Tight body, beautiful hair, charming, but I never got a view of her full face due to her mask. I'd say she was an 8 and depending on what's under the mask could be a 6-7 or 9.

Oh, and I'm already more tired than I normally am, so I'm guessing I'm going to be hit with the same exhaustion as last time.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Hot pharmacist surrounding herself with chicks to have sex with.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

I had a 50 year old female nurse, and some random EMT dude.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

The IHME forecast that goal will be reached by the end of May. And by September, 185 million Americans -- equivalent to about 88% of the adult population -- will be vaccinated, the modelers say.
X - Doubt

!RmindMe 9/30/2021
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

We have historically wiped out viruses with vaccine efficacy levels in the 60s.

Hopefully the 95% efficacy number(insane) will offset the idiots, who really like to ignore that medical science and vaccine breakthroughs got us to the densely connected and populated world we live in today.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Fauci thinks indoor masks can start going away and we'll be back to normal by next Mother's Day.

I know this is an unpopular opinion (although maybe not here), but I think Fauci should have left with Trump.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:56 pm Imagine if instead of all this ridiculous bullshit people just weren't lardasses and it was like getting a cold (spoiler alert: it is just like getting a cold)
Cold gets worse
COVID-19 increases the risk of developing erectile dysfunction (ED) by nearly six times, according to data from the first study to investigate the association between ED and COVID-19 in young men in a real-life setting.

The preliminary numbers also indicated that having ED also increased men’s susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2 infection. Men with ED are more than five times more likely to have COVID-19.

For men with a history of COVID-19, the estimated risk of developing ED was 5.66 higher. Those numbers remained even after other factors considered.
If you want to post pictures to disprove, just PM directly to cake. No posting here.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

I suspect there's a correlation-not-causation thing here.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ijir20089
Overweight and obesity may increase the risk of erectile dysfunction (ED) by 30–90% as compared with normal weight subjects
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

But seriously, some people are thinking of COVID as a vascular disease:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7556303/
The constellation of clinical and biomarker derangements seen in COVID-19 can be classified into disruption of the immune, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone (RAA), and thrombotic balance, all of which converge on the vascular endothelium as a common pathway. Accumulating evidence from basic science, imaging and clinical observations, has clarified the picture of COVID-19 as a vascular disease
Given that, perhaps it's not surprising there's a correlation with ED.