Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

"We need a federally unified strategy against Omicron. We will expand booster shots and the vaccination of children," he said.

ZERO people have died from the Omicron variant. JFC. And essentially zero children have died of covid, PERIOD. There's absolutely no reason to vaccinate children AT ALL.

(But it’s “anti science” to point this out)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:32 pm ZERO people have died from the Omicron variant. JFC. And essentially zero children have died of covid, PERIOD. There's absolutely no reason to vaccinate children AT ALL.
Even if they are in contact with high risk people?
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

How many times do we have to go over this? THE VACCINE DOESN'T PREVENT SPREADING.

DOESN'T
PREVENT
SPREADING.

The vaccine IS
DANGEROUS.

But whatever. I'm denying SCIENCE.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Omicron or cold: How to tell the difference

Can we finally stop losing our collective shit over this?
But experts say the symptoms caused by Omicron are more like colds.

Bugs and infections are everywhere and it’s important that you’re able to distinguish between colds and Covid.
It's basically indistinguishable from a cold...so it's VERY IMPORTANT we distinguish it!
Virologist and Professor of Molecular Oncology, Professor Lawrence Young said people logging their symptoms in the UK had described cold-like symptoms, rather that the classic trio of Covid symptoms.

“So it’s slowly turning into a more symptomatic milder condition that just looks like a severe cold for many people."
This truly is a good thing. You get a cold...and guess what: you don't have to worry about COVID anymore because you're immune! We can all relax.
Experts say the best way to protect yourself from Omicron is to get your booster vaccine.
Again...JFC. How about: don't worry about it because it's just a cold! That's what colds ARE....they're coronavirii!
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:58 pm
thibodeaux wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:32 pm ZERO people have died from the Omicron variant. JFC. And essentially zero children have died of covid, PERIOD. There's absolutely no reason to vaccinate children AT ALL.
Even if they are in contact with high risk people?
I keep having this George Costanza moment.

Why aren't the "high risk" people vaccinated? And if they are...why does it matter if the kids are?

That's rhetorical: You're tacitly admitting that the vaccine won't keep high risk people from getting sick. But it also doesn't keep kids from spreading it. But we stil need to vaccinate everybody! To keep them out of the hospital! Even though kids don't get sick from covid.

And around and around and around....
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:50 am Why aren't the "high risk" people vaccinated? And if they are...why does it matter if the kids are?

That's rhetorical: You're tacitly admitting that the vaccine won't keep high risk people from getting sick. But it also doesn't keep kids from spreading it. But we stil need to vaccinate everybody! To keep them out of the hospital! Even though kids don't get sick from covid.
You keep painting it black + white. If it reduces transmission/duration of transmissibility/etc then there is value. Most studies seem to show that it definitely did for alpha, did (but less so) for delta, and jury still out for omicron.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

The mandates are black and white. The insistence on vaccination is black and white. The demonization of "unvaccinated" people is black and white ("they shouldn't get health care!" Great, now do obesity and AIDS). The other side framed this debate, not me.

"If it reduces transmission/duration of transmissibility/etc then there is value"...

Ok, how much? Not enough to end the pandemic, apparently. Enough to make it worth the VERY REAL risk of permanent damage to your heart? Of a stroke? Of Bell's palsy? Hey, how about letting people make that call for themselves, as if we actually lived in a rational, free society?

Yet the other side still insists that vaccination is the ONLY answer, even though, as you point out, it just isn't that good against the newer variants. If I were inclined to conspiracy theories, I'd be tempted to wonder if Big Pharma were behind that, given that the vaccines wouldn't get their EUA if doctors actually tried to treat the disease with things that have been proven to work, like Vitamin D.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:02 pm The mandates are black and white. The insistence on vaccination is black and white. The demonization of "unvaccinated" people is black and white ("they shouldn't get health care!" Great, now do obesity and AIDS). The other side framed this debate, not me.
Fair.
Cakedaddy

Coronavirus

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:34 pm
thibodeaux wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:02 pm The mandates are black and white. The insistence on vaccination is black and white. The demonization of "unvaccinated" people is black and white ("they shouldn't get health care!" Great, now do obesity and AIDS). The other side framed this debate, not me.
Fair.
Except he's taking a "can't beat 'em, join 'em, or They are doing it, so will I" mentality. It distracts from some of his more relevant facts/arguments. He's angry that people are flying off the handle about how things are, and is flying off the handle with his own beliefs.

I have to read through a TON of stuff that makes me roll my eyes at how "the sky is falling" the statements are, to get to the couple things that are sane and make sense.

I expect more from Thib who, I think, believes he is one of the smarter people in the room. Stop acting like all the dumb ones, while trying to point out how dumb they are.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

I'm in.
Cakedaddy

Coronavirus

Post by Cakedaddy »

How often can you get boosters, and how many cards can I redeem?
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:14 pm I expect more from Thib who, I think, believes he is one of the smarter people in the room. Stop acting like all the dumb ones, while trying to point out how dumb they are.
Point out one thing I've said that's wrong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:32 am
Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:14 pm I expect more from Thib who, I think, believes he is one of the smarter people in the room. Stop acting like all the dumb ones, while trying to point out how dumb they are.
Point out one thing I've said that's wrong.
(spoiler alert: it is just like getting a cold)
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

For me it was. What was your experience like?
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

The vaccine’s human trials took longer than expected, he said, because the lab needed to test the vaccine on subjects who had neither been vaccinated nor previously infected with COVID.

Increasing vaccination rates and the rapid spread of the Delta and Omicron variants made that difficult.

“With Omicron, there's no way really to escape this virus. You're not going to be able to avoid it. So I think pretty soon either the whole world will be vaccinated or have been infected,” Modjarrad said.
But be sure to wear a mask and stay isolated.

There's a related article link (from earlier this year): "‘This May Not Be The Big One’: Army Scientists Warn of Deadlier Pandemics to Come"
The likelihood this generation will see another pandemic during its lifetime “is high,” Modjarrad said. “We have seen the acceleration of these pathogens and the epidemics that they precipitate. And it may not be a coronavirus, this may not be the big one. There may be something that's more transmissible and more deadly ahead of us.”
I for one welcome our future of endless bio-warfare with China. I just wish our government wouldn't fund the other side.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

That is absolutely hilarious. People are fucking idiots.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Pfizer CEO says 4th vax needed sooner rather than later.

Queue Thib... :D

I'm vaxed, as I have stated, but I really think it'd be a good idea if the vaccines were pushed by people who aren't financially benefitting from pushing them. So no CEOs and no Fauci.