Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Spirit would be best if everyone were thrown off of it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

This is getting spread a lot right now despite being from April of 2020:

Was there ever a follow up explanation? Because this does make one have a ton of follow up questions:
-Who thinks this is a good way to classify death?
-Why are the U.S. numbers so insanely high compared to everyone else?
-Are we to believe that mask compliance was 100% in every other country?
-If states were locking down, even without federal guidance, why did they still have massive numbers compared to other places in the world that locked down the same way?
-How many people actually died directly due to Covid?
-How much of covid really was politicized?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

I didn't watch the video. But if you look at excess deaths, the US has undercounted, and other countries have WAY undercounted. US had 530k excess deaths in 2020, only ~350k attributed to covid. Maybe those other 180k werent covid, maybe they were.
Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 am If states were locking down, even without federal guidance, why did they still have massive numbers compared to other places in the world that locked down the same way?
Because adherence was low in many states.
Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 am How many people actually died directly due to Covid?
Millions, worldwide.

FL, MI, NY, NJ, and... one other state account for 1/2 of all cases in US last week. Yay FL!
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:56 am I didn't watch the video.
It's, literally, 1 minute long, but don't let that stop you from commenting on it! :D :D
TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:56 am and other countries have WAY undercounted.
That would explain a lot.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:56 am Because adherence was low in many states.
It was, yes. However, state numbers are so fucking confusing. They're all over the map and both sides are using the same numbers to make their point.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:56 am Millions, worldwide.
But do we know actual numbers?

Listen, I'm on your side here. I know Covid isn't a hoax. I know it's killed a lot of folks. I know some leaders did right by it while others didn't. I just think a lot of the numbers have gotten fucked based on piss poor classifications, like the IDPH director describes in the video, and politics. Many more might have died from it. Less? Who fucking knows if what the lady in the video is saying is how everyone treated it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Deadlier, more infectious strain that attacks younger people is here.

What's the main concern for its spread? Sporting events and extracurricular activities.

Schools remain open throughout MI, which is currently the hotbed of the nation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

We've ordered takeout twice. The first place I saw lots of people masked.

The second place was right on the water, PACKED, with no masks anywhere (employees or guests).

The governor of FL got the vaccine, but did not publicize it at all. Unlike many other governors.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

My wife and kids were in Naples, which is retirees with some money, so Trump territory. My wife said they were definitely in the minority as mask wearers.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

I'm seeing that some Chinese official admitted their vaccine sucks. I guess they just haven't stolen a more effective one yet...
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

On Friday, Chilean authorities released the results of a study of 10.5 million people, showing the vaccine was 16% effective against infection after one dose and 67% effective after a second dose. The study also found it to be 80% effective in preventing death from Covid-19 two weeks after a second dose.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

That's not a lot.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:04 am That's not a lot.
They are using China's vaccine, which apparently sucks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

My oldest daughter and I got round one of Pfizer Thursday.

On Friday she was sick. Muscle aches, exhausted, nausea, fever, and so on. She has already had Covid, but also negatively reacted to the chicken pox vaccine was she was a little one. Thus, she may have a thing with vaccines.

I got a mild headache, but was exhausted on top of exhausted. I felt 200 pounds heavier as my muscles just had zero energy. Going up and down stairs felt dangerous.

We both woke up Saturday feeling perfectly normal.

Fun side note, on the drive home from getting the vaccine I got a CNN news alert on my phone that said Pfizer patients probably need a third dose within a year. The article also noted that no matter what vaccine you got, this might be an annual thing like the flu shot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:13 am I got a mild headache, but was exhausted on top of exhausted. I felt 200 pounds heavier as my muscles just had zero energy. Going up and down stairs felt dangerous.
Round 1- My arm hurt for two days, nothing else.

Round 2 - (This past Saturday). 10 hours later started to feel shitty, tired, achy, etc. Overnight had some chills, had a 1 degree fever. Next morning: Felt like you did. Everything hurt, and I didn't want to move at all. Could barely motivate myself off the couch to pee. Around 1pm took some Tylenol, around 2-3pm felt nearly normal. This morning feel fine.

My wife, like your daughter, reacted much more. She was garbage all day yesterday, feeling about 85% today.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Pfizer here, Round 1, shoulder slightly achy for a day.

Round 2 is next week.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

My wife got Moderna and had nothing after the first, but was sick the day after the second. Nowhere near as bad as my kid though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I've heard that once you've had C19 in your system, either through being sick, or having the first vaccine, then the second vaccine (and first, for that matter) hurts more because now your body is fighting harder.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Just imagine getting this every year!
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Imagine if instead of all this ridiculous bullshit people just weren't lardasses and it was like getting a cold (spoiler alert: it is just like getting a cold)