Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Saddest thing about the C64 is how bad all the present day emulators are.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Saddest thing about the C64 is how bad all the present day emulators are.
I have a case full of C-64 games on 5.25" disks, 16 feet away from where I'm sitting.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Saddest thing about the C64 is how bad all the present day emulators are.
I have a case full of C-64 games on 5.25" disks, 16 feet away from where I'm sitting.
Yeah, which are still pretty slow. I wish the emulators were fast to boot/load.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

As of Friday the US averaged 182,633 daily new cases over the last week -- a record high for the country, according to Johns Hopkins University data. And the average number of daily Covid-19 deaths across a week hit 2,010 on Friday, the highest its been since April.
The US recorded 227,885 cases on Friday alone, the highest one-day count of the pandemic.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Cases, or positive test results?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Cases, or positive test results?
Obviously only positive test results can be counted. No one knows the # of cases.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Sweden gives up on its approach.
Sweden’s Covid-19 experiment is over.

After a late autumn surge in infections led to rising hospitalizations and deaths, the government has abandoned its attempt—unique among Western nations—to combat the pandemic through voluntary measures.

Like other Europeans, Swedes are now heading into the winter facing restrictions ranging from a ban on large gatherings to curbs on alcohol sales and school closures—all aimed at preventing the country’s health system from being swamped by patients and capping what is already among the highest per capita death tolls in the world.

The clampdown, which started last month, put an end to a hands-off approach that had made the Scandinavian nation a prime example in the often heated global debate between opponents and champions of pandemic lockdowns.
- WSJ

GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Is that saying that the hands-off approach kills as many people as the USA's half-measures?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Is that saying that the hands-off approach kills as many people as the USA's half-measures?
No, because the line stopped going up because they stopped the hand off measures a few weeks ago.

Additionally, Swedes are much healthier than Americans.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Additionally, Swedes are much healthier than Americans.
Because the McRib isn't back there yet.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Are we really losing our collective shit over 6 deaths per million people?
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote: Are we really losing our collective shit over 6 deaths per million people?
The mental health of the young is a small sacrifice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Kids are getting fucked.

Not proper-fucked. Fucked over.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educatio ... story.html
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

I think we should take the few weeks at the end of 2020 getting the vulnerable and healthcare workers vaccinated, and then open things up again.

California re-closing despite decent mask use and plenty of businesses figuring out outdoor shopping and dining is way too much. Our ICU % levels are nothing like the Midwest.

+ our Winter is nothing like the rest of the country.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Wife and I walk the dog every night. Saturday night we went to the 2nd part of our neighborhood and saw a party tent setup outside the garage of a house.

The owners are probably in their 50s or 60s, no kids living there, and their garage is basically a bar. No cars can fit in it as it has a fully built bar inside with a tiki theme. They have a golden retriever they let wander around where ever it wants, and obviously shit where it wants, which they don't clean up. They have loud parties a lot. We saw the guy that lives there walk out of the garage and take a piss towards his backyard one evening (a young teen girl lives next door, two very young children across the street, and 4 young children right behind him in the direction he was aiming). We've heard the wife slurring on multiple occasions, day or night.

Recently, we saw a food delivery person at their door and nobody was answering. I yelled to him, "Knock on the garage." He did and a minute later slurry comes out the side door yelling, "What's going on out here?" before realizing she had ordered food.

We saw party goers leaving the party. More folks in the same age range. Not a mask in sight.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

My kid made a mistake reading the revised (for the 4th time this school year) learning schedule and missed two zoom classes this morning. Wouldn't have happened if he was in school. English teacher sent yet another threatening message... when his repeated intolerance was addressed once, his reply was, "This is how he'll be treated in the real world." This teacher is retiring at the end of the year.

Anyway, kids are getting fucked over, and the half-measures being taken have taken us to all-time-high infection rates so it's all for nothing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I'm not sure if I'd even call them half-measures.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Are we really losing our collective shit over 6 deaths per million people?
Well, that is a rate of 722,000 people per year in the US.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Additionally, Swedes are much healthier than Americans.
Because the McRib isn't back there yet.