Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Anybody who thinks masks are a good idea should be aware that an airtight plastic bag over your head will prevent ALL respiratory infections and should upgrade IMMEDIATELY.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Right? She should have just said "Well, would have worked better if we'd required real masks instead of garbage ones"
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:01 pm Right? She should have just said "Well, would have worked better if we'd required real masks instead of garbage ones"
Well, no. The research shows that NO masks are effective. Not N95s. Not any. It’s just superstition.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:49 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:01 pm Right? She should have just said "Well, would have worked better if we'd required real masks instead of garbage ones"
Well, no. The research shows that NO masks are effective. Not N95s. Not any. It’s just superstition.
Oh right, as opposed to the other research.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

If you remember, they tried the "let's put it all behind us" apology, but it wasn't received well. Now I think they're stuck in their position.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:14 pm
thibodeaux wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:49 pm
There is no research that shows that masks work. Give it up. You're wrong. You were always wrong. It's OK to be wrong, but you have to recognize it and give up at some point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:44 am
TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:14 pm
thibodeaux wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:49 pm Well, no. The research shows that NO masks are effective. Not N95s. Not any. It’s just superstition.
There is no research that shows that masks work. Give it up. You're wrong. You were always wrong. It's OK to be wrong, but you have to recognize it and give up at some point.
There is plenty of research that shows that masks work. Give it up. You're wrong. You were always wrong. It's OK to be wrong, but you have to recognize it and give up at some point.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

WOW that's a clever retort.

There is no research that shows masks work (and you know it because you aren't even trying to cite any; if there were "plenty" you could list some RCTs at least). There is only superstition and regime propaganda. Even the regime admitted before 2020 that there was no evidence masks worked, and they didn't push them. Only when they realized that masks were the only reliable virtue signal did they go full bore masks, and shitlibs jumped on the bandwagon to own Trump and the SCIENCE DENIERS.

The regime still push the vax some but they pretty much admit that's failed. Only masks are left, because again, they're visible. Even though places with ~100% mask compliance now have the highest COVID case rates, the lie continues.

Again, if you believe in masks, you need to try the plastic bag over your head. Make sure it's air-tight, and leave it on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Dude, there's an internet. "Do you own research" but we know how that ends.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

What convinced YOU that masks work?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:35 am What convinced YOU that masks work?
Studies.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

"Top. Men."
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

BTW, don't just take my word for it. Here's a review of 78 RCTS that shows masks don't work. Not "studies." RCTs, the "gold standard" of research.

Here's an interview with the lead author, Tom Jefferson, where he says:
JEFFERSON: There is just no evidence that [masks] make any difference. Full stop. My job, our job as a review team, was to look at the evidence, we have done that.... There's no evidence that they do work, that’s right.
DEMASI: Your review also showed that n95 masks for healthcare workers did not make much difference.

JEFFERSON: That’s right, it makes no difference – none of it.
Maybe tell that guy to go google some "studies."

(fixed the link)
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

WSJ says Covid-19 was leaked from a lab.

Here's the list of correct and truthful things we were told about Covid-19:
-It originated in China.

End of list.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

The first week, it was being reported as a lab leak. I commented on that years ago. I saw that, thought it was common knowledge, then no one else had seen it. Then all of that went away, there was nothing that could be searched.

It kinda suggests the internet's memory can be scrubbed pretty much at will, by the right people.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:05 pm WSJ says Covid-19 was leaked from a lab.
It's not the WSJ saying it...it's the US DEPT OF ENERGY!

Although why they have an opinion, I'm not sure. Maybe bc the DoE is riddled with Chinese spies, I dunno.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

But, OF COURSE the occams razor explanation for a novel coronavirus emerging from Wuhan was that it came from the Wuhan Institute for Engineering Coronaviruses. Especially when this idea was loudly condemned by American researchers from the Institute for Discreet Funding of Chinese Coronavirus Engineering.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

This is a twitter poll, but definitely shows the change in perceptions about origination of Covid 19 (There are 3 images, so you may have to click through to see all 3)

thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

One of the many crimes of the Covid Taliban has been the sheer brain damage they have inflicted (although, pronouns in bio, intersectional feminist...her brain was already quite damaged)
I was 4 months out of my booster (6th dose) when I got it. I was wearing an FFP3 consistently in indoor spaces, and most of the time even in outdoor spaces. So the only places I think I could've caught it is despite the FFP3 during travel, or outdoors when I wasn't masking.

Later on she speculates that maybe she got it via her eyes bc she was holding her breath while the security guy compared her (HORROR!) UNMASKED FACE against her ID. But masks totally work...but ONLY if everybody does it. And even then you better get SEVEN shots I guess.

I'm telling you, the plastic bag over the head is the only answer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Where was the Covid wave this winter?

Maybe the exploding polar bear population cancelled it out?