Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

J&J's single shot vaccine ready for FDA approval.

Whose vaccine is going to start the zombie apocalypse?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

BTW, I'm back in the office and out of quarantine. The rest of my family comes out of quarantine Monday.

Meanwhile, both my parents have it, but are on the recovery side after dealing with flu-like symptoms. FYI: They didn't get it from us and vice versa.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Glad you are all doing OK.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

thanks
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

A Covid-19 vaccine trial in South Africa indicated that participants who didn’t receive the shot but who have already had Covid-19 can be reinfected by the South African variant, a finding that could impact global fight against the pandemic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:27 pm Canadians can be scum too.
She's attractive, I'll allow it :P
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:34 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:27 pm Canadians can be scum too.
She's attractive, I'll allow it :P
I did not hate looking at her.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

America, where the best virus transmission modeling data comes from the NFL.

Long story short:

1) 6' is not enough distance (particularly indoors)

2) Virus can spread in way fewer than 15 minutes.

3) Masks help a lot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:49 pm Vaccine hunters are a thing.
I'm on a waitlist for a leftover. If they text me I have to drop everything and get there ASAP. But, I imagine a lot of people are on the waitlist too, so, I'm not holding my breath.
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:49 pm Vaccine distribution versus new strains.
Good thing we did everything we could to minimize spread and the risk of new strains. :|
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Chicago teachers get an early win against covid and being forced back to school. Also, Chicago's mayor is Beetlejuice.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Toronto Raptors playing in Tampa for the rest of the season.

Not sure if anyone is aware, but the Canadian NHL teams aren't playing American teams so far this year.

In local news, I got a call at work this morning from the school. My middle kid has to go into quarantine until the 18th. Long term, close contact with another student who tested positive. She's showing no symptoms, but we'll get her tested this weekend.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Well, then, they should do that instead of letting it out everywhere.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

2nd pandemic?

"Long covid"

Both articles are discussing the same issue, a strain that is leaving months long effects.

Had an old timer bother me this weekend with covid talk. I was in the store with my wife and he pointed to my mask. It's an OSU mask and I thought he was going to ruin the game I was taping. I said, "I taped the game, don't tell me the score." Turns out, he points to his and says, "John Deer". I was a bit confused and he says, "These things will be fashion statements soon." He then goes into a discussion about covid and masks and how this is all overblown and 500K is a small percentage of the population and so on. I said, during his rambling, "I've lost three family members to it." That never hit home and he kept going on. Meanwhile, my wife was chuckling pretending to look at items. To her credit, she did grab me and say "Run!" when the guy turned and took a step before he could swing back around and keep talking.

I feel bad for old timers, as they are clearly lonely and just want someone to talk to, but fuck man, read the room. I had an OSU mask on, talk to me about that, not your political opinions.