Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:56 pm Imagine if instead of all this ridiculous bullshit people just weren't lardasses and it was like getting a cold (spoiler alert: it is just like getting a cold)
I don't remember so many people dying or being hospitalized from colds.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

How would you know, either way, if you weren't told on a daily basis?

Experts agree: it mostly kills the fat. Was the last year worth the cost, when another possible solution was to fix the obesity problem, which would have had manifold positive consequences?

I contracted the deadly coronavirus last month. It absolutely was like a cold. I've had WORSE colds. Sure, that's anecdote. But the data is available.

BTW, the effect on the obese is reason enough to give a lot of credence to the notion that the virus was a Chinese-engineered bio-weapon to be used against the USA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:51 pm How would you know, either way, if you weren't told on a daily basis?
How would I know anything?
thibodeaux wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:51 pm Experts agree: it mostly kills the fat.
Patients with a B.M.I. of 45 or higher, which corresponds to severe obesity, were 33 percent more likely to be hospitalized and 61 percent more likely to die than those who were at a healthy weight, the researchers found.
That's not even a doubling.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I said at the beginning the cure wouldn't be worth the cost of prevention.... but I had to shut my mouth when the internet started equating people saying that with trump voting nazis.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

I also know 3 people who died from it. None of whom had died from a cold. So there's that.
thibodeaux wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:51 pm contracted the deadly coronavirus last month. It absolutely was like a cold. I've had WORSE colds. Sure, that's anecdote. But the data is available
It's probably a nice privilege to not have to worry about spreading it to at risk relatives.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:11 pm I said at the beginning the cure wouldn't be worth the cost of prevention.... but I had to shut my mouth when the internet started equating people saying that with trump voting nazis.
What's the price of a life? Whats the price of future mutations and risks?
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

What’s the price of depression and suicide for young people who were NOT At risk for it, for the isolated and lonely?

This is a classic “seen/not seen” showcase. The virus is NOT THAT DEADLY. There’s no question about that at this point. A good bit of the death was iatrogenic (ventilators) and refusal to use effective treatments to own Trump.

It’s just absurd.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:44 pm
GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:11 pm I said at the beginning the cure wouldn't be worth the cost of prevention.... but I had to shut my mouth when the internet started equating people saying that with trump voting nazis.
What's the price of a life?
That's an absolutely relative question (no pun). It's a sliding scale from "More valuable than my own," to "Next to nothing."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Ted Nugent
Rock star Ted Nugent, who once dismissed Covid-19, told fans Monday that he has tested positive for it and "can hardly crawl out of bed"because of aches and pains.

In a video posted to Facebook, Nugent, 72, said he had had "flu symptoms for the last 10 days" and "thought I was dying."

"I was tested positive today," Nugent told fans in video that appeared to have been recorded at his Michigan ranch.

"I got a stuffed up head, body aches, oh my god what a pain in the a--. I literally can hardly crawl out of bed, the last few days but I did. I crawled."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:50 pm People are talking about a "fourth surge" already, but that seems ridiculous. I dunno. I feel like we had the 3rd surge over the holidays/January, and anything else is probably just bumps. If we hit even 150k avg cases per day (1/2 the 300k peak avg), I'd be surprised.
3 weeks later, I'm going to say I was right, although there's still time.

NC is close to removing most mandates by June 1st, assuming things continue. I hope the indoor mask mandate stays... for now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

I went to a mom and pop pizza shop near my office to grab one of their 8" lunch pizzas on Monday. Not one of the 4 employees were wearing masks.

I genuinely didn't really care, report them, or anything like that, but pretty ballsy to blatantly do that when a single call from any customer could cost you money in fines or your ability to even be open.

In other news, their pizza isn't terrible. Not the best and I don't go there a lot, but better than most chains.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Got my second Pfizer shot today. 3 hours later, still fine. We'll see how it goes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:10 pm Got my second Pfizer shot today. 3 hours later, still fine. We'll see how it goes.
Good luck!
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

No issues, 24 hours later. Feel fine. Makes one wonder if I got the placebo.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Crematoriums in India claim they're burning 600 bodies daily. That's twice the number of covid deaths their government is reporting. Videos on social media show people, literally, dead in the streets.

Now Nepal is apparently getting slammed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:36 am Crematoriums in India claim they're burning 600 bodies daily. That's twice the number of covid deaths their government is reporting. Videos on social media show people, literally, dead in the streets.

Now Nepal is apparently getting slammed.
Worst cold ever.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

Early pandemic India seemed to be doing pretty well. I remember reading/listening to all these reasons they were handling it better than the USA.

Maybe they have just been severely underreporting all along it and it finally caught up to them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am No issues, 24 hours later. Feel fine. Makes one wonder if I got the placebo.
Although 2 naps a day suggests I am a little fatigued.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:59 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am No issues, 24 hours later. Feel fine. Makes one wonder if I got the placebo.
Although 2 naps a day suggests I am a little fatigued.
I'm going to say that's the shot. When I got the first one I could not believe how exhausted I was the next day.