Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:39 am There was a pretty heated exchange a while back, on here. And this is just a small microcosm of the internet, the heated exchanges are everywhere.
About vitamin D? I have no memory of that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

"Peeps treating it like the plague."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:45 am
GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:39 am There was a pretty heated exchange a while back, on here. And this is just a small microcosm of the internet, the heated exchanges are everywhere.
About vitamin D? I have no memory of that.
Ditto.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

"We weren't WRONG....it's just time for nuance and compromise now."

Fuck these people. EVERYTHING they said was wrong. Lies? "Misinformation"? Or just plain stupidity? I guess we'll never know, they'll continue to invoke SCIENCE and we'll continue to live in a Democracy (which means "rule by bureaucratic decree").
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

The recent Bill Simmons podcast (a sportsball one Gordo):

He was at the Super Bowl. All fans were told to wear masks inside and at all times unless they were actively eating.

I should point out that Bill Simmons is super liberal.

He then went on to chastise the hoards of celebs, politicians, etc. in the suites that weren't wearing a mask for even a second. The mayor of LA was there and maskless just feet above where the masses were being told to wear masks (which many ignored). This was all on a Sunday and the next day the children of LA were expected to return to school and wear masks or not be allowed in.

No judgment on the effectiveness of the masks because it's irrelevant here. What is relevant are the "rules for thee, but not for me" bullshit that we see over and over and over again.

Not for nothing, but this sort of elitism tends to end badly for the elite.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Just like with "climate change," this is how you know it's not about what they say it's about. Do as I say, not as I do. For extra rage, just look for pictures of maskless VIPs with masked schoolchildren.

If there was every any doubt that the people in charge didn't really believe that the anti-COVID measures were really super-important and to be followed strictly, the Summer of George (2020) should have disabused you of that notion.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

SNL just had a skit making fun of COVID over-reaction. Mocking people, "Did I go too far breaking contact with a lifelong friend because he didn't get a booster?"

WHen you've lost SNL....
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Do not let these people pretend they weren't riding the COVID train hard. Do not forgive, do not forget.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:55 pm Making a large comeback in China resulting in Foxconn shutting down.

They're a bigger supplier for Apple.
Stop shutting shit down.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:31 pm Covid now making a comeback in Europe.
Well, until it gets more serious... if it does...
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

JFC, can we please get a summer in before a new superbug hits. I thought it would be in the next winter.

Still, stay vaxxed, and it's nothing more than a cold. Everyone has had a chance to choose at this point and the bubble people were bubble people pre-pandemic.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Hoping it clears the old people out of the lap pool.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:11 pm JFC, can we please get a summer in before a new superbug hits. I thought it would be in the next winter.
I thought it'd be about 4 months... so... May/June, then clean out so we can travel in July. lol
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

I wish somebody would declare Fauci is over.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:42 pm I wish somebody would declare Fauci is over.
He's made enough money off of covid that I'd be amazed if he stuck around.
Cakedaddy

Coronavirus

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya. He saved all those expendable old, fat people. What a dick.