Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Variants are because of TEH UNVAXXED! Animals, that is.
Kristian Andersen, an immunologist at the Scripps Research Institute, is among those who has been raising the idea that Omicron may have emerged from a reverse zoonotic event...“I know that most people think that these [come from] immunocompromised individuals, and I do think that that’s plausible, but to be perfectly honest, I actually think this reverse zoonosis followed by new zoonosis seems more likely to me given just the available evidence of the really deep branch, and then the mutations themselves, because some of them are quite unusual,” Andersen told STAT.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Time to kill all the animals, just in case.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Up to 300,000 people facing heart-related illnesses in the UK
Meanwhile, Tahir Hussain, a senior vascular surgeon at Northwick Park Hospital in Harrow, said he has seen a significant rise in cases where he works.

He said: “I’ve seen a big increase in thrombotic-related vascular conditions in my practice. Far younger patients are being admitted and requiring surgical and medical intervention than prior to the pandemic....We also have evidence that some patients have died at home from conditions such as pulmonary embolism and myocardial infarction"
The cause of this new health crisis is: post-pandemic stress disorder (PPSD).

NOT the vaccine...we know that's totally safe.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Mass hospital overfull.
At UMass Memorial Medical Center, all 450 beds, which are typically available, are full. There are 75 patients waiting in the ER for a bed, including seven ICU patients.
A strike among workers, in one of the hospitals in Worcester, has forced 100 beds offline, thus further reducing hospital capacity, while staffing shortages have greatly exacerbated the health care system's struggle.

"You can't imagine how exhausted caregivers are right now," Dickson said. "The biggest challenge for us right now is that our people are extremely, extremely fatigued. This is their third surge over the course of about 20 months, and that's really taking a toll on them."

In addition, compounding its woes, UMass Memorial Health was forced to fire 200 employees last week after they refused to get vaccinated.
Although, 200 out of 15,000 is just 1.3% of employees.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Last night was at girlfriend's.

Her ex husband came over. He was upset about his stepmother being admitted to the hospital with pancreatic cancer.

A minute later he gets a phone message, and turns on the news. His father was on TV being interviewed.... and, paraphrasing, said he had no compassion for the unvaccinated people overloading the hospital as covid cases, causing his wife to not be able to get a bed. Basically, he was saying "fuck these people" on live TV.

I respect the hell out of that, heh.

"They don't believe in science. They believe in their own science, and they shouldn't be here."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:38 pm paraphrasing, said he had no compassion for the unvaccinated people overloading the hospital as covid cases, causing his wife to not be able to get a bed. Basically, he was saying "fuck these people" on live TV.
I mean, I basically agree.

Singapore won't pay health bills of unvaccinated people.

Thib has a good point that the obese, etc should also bear more responsibility for their healthcare costs, but they aren't the ones causing a sudden surge in need.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I still say it would have been easier and more effective to isolate the elderly, than the half-ass measures we put into place.

I said that in month 1, though. What I sez doesn't matter.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:10 pm I still say it would have been easier and more effective to isolate the elderly, than the half-ass measures we put into place.

I said that in month 1, though. What I sez doesn't matter.
The problem is you'd need to isolate every over 50 to keeps hospitals from being full
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Still easier and more effective than half-ass-isolating every human 0-88.

edit - Well, maybe not EASIER. It's easier to half-ass it. But it sure as hell didn't fix anything.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

I wonder if Mother Nature is sending a message...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:56 pm As many predicted
Names, please. I am pretty sure *I* predicted it, but then I'm a lousy SCIENCE-denying POS according to some. Yet I'm still hearing "universal vaccination is only way to end this pandemic!!!!" Even though seasonality has been pretty obvious for at least a year.

Also, I don't really care to keep debunking the media hysteria, but the stories about "muh hospitals" are all literally propaganda for the Religion of Vaccination, not SCIENCE. Briefly: it is utterly ridiculous to talk about only two groups: vaccinated and unvaccinated. Because "unvaccinated" includes all these subgroups:
- people who've had neither shots nor an infection
- people who've had an infection but no shots
- people (regardless of previous infection) who have had ONE shot (not J&J)
- people (regardless of previous infection) who have had TWO shots (or one J&J) BUT it's been less than 14 days ago

And that's the *current* definition. Just wait: it won't be long before people who have had 2 shots won't be considered vaccinated either. (MANY have predicted this also).

Meanwhile, the authorities are all but admitting the vaccine is useless to prevent transmission or Omicron, and that Omicron is basically just a cold, but goddamit you better get vaccinated you SCIENCE-denying POS because reasons.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Now this is interesting: The coronavirus attacks fat tissue, scientists find
From the start of the pandemic, the coronavirus seemed to target people carrying extra pounds. Patients who were overweight or obese were more likely to develop severe COVID-19 and more likely to die.

Although these patients often have health conditions like diabetes that compound their risk, scientists have become increasingly convinced that their vulnerability has something to do with obesity itself.

Now researchers have found that the coronavirus infects both fat cells and certain immune cells within body fat, prompting a damaging defensive response in the body.
As the inflammatory response snowballs, cytokines trigger even more inflammation and the release of additional cytokines. “It’s like a perfect storm,” Kass said.
I don't know if it's still in vogue, but one explanation for why the 1918 flu was so deadly for younger people was the Cytokine Storm, and apparently it's also implicated in COVID-19. But TBH at this point I just am not sure our SCIENTISTS know any damn thing at all.

But yes, by all means, let's pin our hopes on a vaccine that doesn't work, and our hate on people who haven't partook of it.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Vax goalpost recap:
You won't catch it
You won't spread it
You won't get sick
You'll recover faster
You're symptoms won't be as severe
You won't go to hospital
You won't be the majority in the hospital <---- You are here ("Only" 40% :roll: see Catt's UMass story)
Ok you will be the majority but get vaxxed anyway! <--- The UK is here

Seriously, how can anybody keep pushing this? No more masks, no more lockdowns, no more mandates, no more protocols. Just stop.

And for God's sake, if you get covid, don't go to the hospital. They'll just kill you. They're not interested in any actual treatments that work (e.g., vitamin D).
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:45 amvitamin D).
I tell my wife she needs it on the daily.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I made the same joke a few days ago. Told my gf that she was safe from rona since she gets a ton of Vitamin D.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

But then they're at risk of Ligma.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:56 pm But then they're at risk of Ligma.
That's kinda the point.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »