Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:52 pm This is making news in my local community FB page where most people are very much Trumplicans.

The vast majority of folks hammering this drum are not teens. They also conveniently ignore what a small percentage of people this affects, and how much of a smaller percentage of that percentage actually have a negative outcome.
Quick, now how many cases of myocarditis are tied to actual covid-19...
The myocarditis risk is 37 times higher for infected children under 16 years ... compared to their uninfected peers.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

This, in science, is what we call synchronicity. Dude had an STD or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:41 am LA Unified School District voting on a vax mandate for eligible students.
They mandated vaccines, masks, and testing.

I experienced some weird shit that may or may not be covid related. Went to the East Side for lunch yesterday. Tried to hit the Big Apple Deli (Gordon will know), but it was closed with new hours/days. Huh. So I drove down the street and it wasn't a ghost town, but I'd guess that there was 1/5th the traffic that is normally there. The McDonald's line, which is usually around the building was about three cars. This was right at noon. Many other restaurants were pretty empty or closed. I ended up going to KFC and was the only person in line the from pulling in to ordering to waiting for the food to leaving. Never had that happen before. Very strange.

Unvaxed parents both die orphaning 5 kids. She was a nurse. It's kind of amazing to me how many medical professionals, particularly nurses, aren't getting vaxed.

Bad vax experiences are super rare. We all get vaxed for a ton of other things without complaint, including annual flu shots. No government has turned on the "control chips" yet rumored to be in the vax, and you'd think at this point it'd be worth doing. :D Both parties, talking heads from both sides, and even Donald Trump are telling people to get vaxed. It's free.

I don't get it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:01 am Unvaxed parents both die orphaning 5 kids. She was a nurse. It's kind of amazing to me how many medical professionals, particularly nurses, aren't getting vaxed.
All the nurses I know are vaccinated. That being said, a strangely large # of social media "no mask! no vaccination!" posts do seem to come from nurses. Strangely few from doctors. I wonder if there's any conclusions to make there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:31 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:01 am Unvaxed parents both die orphaning 5 kids. She was a nurse. It's kind of amazing to me how many medical professionals, particularly nurses, aren't getting vaxed.
All the nurses I know are vaccinated. That being said, a strangely large # of social media "no mask! no vaccination!" posts do seem to come from nurses. Strangely few from doctors. I wonder if there's any conclusions to make there.
None we could make without being called sexist.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:35 pm None we could make without being called sexist.
MEN ARE NURSES, TOO! (and women are doctors)

Not the ones I've seen posting... but...
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:09 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:35 pm None we could make without being called sexist.
MEN ARE NURSES, TOO! (and women are doctors)

Not the ones I've seen posting... but...
I was expecting that response, but let's be honest, that absolute fact would get ignored in favor of calling us sexist.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

241443622_216504090462424_8595979594743304615_n.jpg

Oh snap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

And yet more evidence that milk drinkers are protected.

https://www.tcd.ie/news_events/articles ... and-death/
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm And yet more evidence that milk drinkers are protected.

I give my wife Vitamin D on the regular.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:01 pm
GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:56 pm And yet more evidence that milk drinkers are protected.

I give my wife Vitamin D on the regular.
But not in a significant quantity. :D

This is kind of off topic...
That obese one is a pretty solid point, but also a direction I think the country was heading in prior to Covid. Remember the companies that were firing and/or not hiring obese people and smokers? The justification was insurance costs.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

With nationalizing health care, the natural result is now having an opinion about your neighbor's unhealthy habits.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 am But not in a significant quantity.
:(
Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:40 am That obese one is a pretty solid point, but also a direction I think the country was heading in prior to Covid. Remember the companies that were firing and/or not hiring obese people and smokers? The justification was insurance costs.
I don't recall that, but people should definitely take care of themselves.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:11 am I don't recall that, but people should definitely take care of themselves.
I only remember because one of the companies that was at the forefront of the trend was a local one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Got exposed on the rafting trip I had this weekend. 2/11 people from the trip are confirmed at the moment. After the actual rafting, you gather with a bunch of other people in a bar with no windows and watch videos of the trips. Feels like it came from that.

I feel tired, but no other symptoms. Rapid test negative, PCR test results tonight hopefully.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

My oldest, who already had it, was exposed again at school. She's vaxed, but still got sick. Turns out, no covid. Fucking croup, which is making a resurgence along with many other things that typically only hit younger kids. Doctor explained that something about the last year of isolation is making older kids more vulnerable to those types of illnesses. They're seeing a bunch of cases, but it's just like a bad cold and no long term effects.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Pretty sure at some point I speculated that masking up, social distancing, and closing schools, would make us more vulnerable to rando sicknesses, as our immune systems no longer get a constant workout.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Local teacher, 43, dies from covid, regrets not having gotten vaccine.