Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

The mistake is thinking that if one is worse than the other, the other must be good.

Their "one job" isn't reporting facts. Their job is selling advertising. They'll do their job well enough to be seen as better than The Enquirer, with the hopeful rockstar scoop that will make some reporter a celebrity. No more.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:42 am So you have some objective data that one set of media properties are not reporting the facts, and another set mostly are, but they are all evil?

That's stupid.
No sir. Again I will point out that the data set you're pointing to covered a single topic. A data set created by a company whose political beliefs line up with the media outlets that happened to come out looking mostly good. And who was polled? And what have the last few years taught us about polls?

Change the subject and who comes off worse? Let's say the poll is about the facts of the shooting in Kenosha? The Jacob Blake shooting. The Michael Brown shooting. And so on. Whose audience do you think is going to do worse on those things? And spinning it back, how about the election results from 2020? And spinning it both ways, whose coverage do you think is more full of lies when there's a D president? An R president?

If you're only reporting the facts when it suits your political agenda that does not make you a credible news source.

It's stupid to think it does.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:42 am They both cross a line, but one still crosses it more.
The line should never get crossed. End of story.

That's the same stance you take on tax fraud, so you don't get to conveniently change it to make your argument work here. :D
TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:42 am I went ahead this morning and got mine due to the family cancers
I'll probably get it before the end of the month. I've got vulnerable people around me or one person removed.
GORDON wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:32 pm The mistake is thinking that if one is worse than the other, the other must be good.
Exactly.
GORDON wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:32 pm Their "one job" isn't reporting facts. Their job is selling advertising. They'll do their job well enough to be seen as better than The Enquirer, with the hopeful rockstar scoop that will make some reporter a celebrity. No more.
Right. It's supposed to be about reporting facts, but now it's purely business. The only difference between Don Lemon, Tucker Carlson, and Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf is that one of them is now unemployed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:51 pm That's the same stance you take on tax fraud, so you don't get to conveniently change it to make your argument work here.
I think no one should commit tax fraud. But, I would punish a large tax fraud committer more than a small one.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:02 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:51 pm That's the same stance you take on tax fraud, so you don't get to conveniently change it to make your argument work here.
I think no one should commit tax fraud. But, I would punish a large tax fraud committer more than a small one.
I agree with you, although there are other crimes you and I would murder both the "just kinda did it" and the "totally did it a lot" criminals. That is where I put MSM outlets that lie and manipulate. It's not just news or opinion or making cash. They are, literally, affecting how people vote, how people communicate, how they get along with others, etc.

They are the propaganda machine that keeps us in shackles because we're too busy being mad at one other to see how fucked the people at the top are acting.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

BTW, I'm really proud of this sentence. :D
Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:51 pm The only difference between Don Lemon, Tucker Carlson, and Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf is that one of them is now unemployed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

KISS to begin selling covid vaccines. :D

This really pisses me off.

Yet another example of how far behind the American medical system is to awesome countries like Austria.

I wonder if my wife will let me fly there for my booster shot?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:17 am This really pisses me off.

Yet another example of how far behind the American medical system is to awesome countries like Austria.

I wonder if my wife will let me fly there for my booster shot?
I mean, the more boosters the better?
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Headline in a few months: "Same U.S. man returns to Austria for his 300th covid booster shot."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Biden's vax mandate is heading to the 6th Circuit.

That AP article, and others, are really playing up the GOP angle as "doom", but SCOTUS Justices Barrett and Kavanaugh have shocked the left this year by ruling more than once for mandates. So who the fuck knows?
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Boosters approved for everyone.

Apparently a lot of the tracking chips have already broken down. :P

Did these covid relief thieves run or get kidnapped?

If they're thieves I already know the sentence we'd give them. Even if someone else was pulling the strings and they've been silenced, they were clearly still involved, and thus, still thieves.

But doesn't this story and the hoards of others like it show how inept the government is at distributing money?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 am But doesn't this story and the hoards of others like it show how inept the government is at distributing money?
Well, they realized it was fraud. And we don't know what % was wasted.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:59 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 am But doesn't this story and the hoards of others like it show how inept the government is at distributing money?
Well, they realized it was fraud. And we don't know what % was wasted.
That's great, but the money is gone and now the cost goes up for all the law enforcement involvement. Not to mention if the money needs to be replaced the tax payers are on the hook for that too.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

According to court documents and evidence presented at trial, they used fake or stolen identities -- including the names of dead people and foreign exchange students who briefly visited the US years ago -- to submit fraudulent applications for approximately 150 federal pandemic relief loans for sham businesses in San Fernando Valley.
Why shouldn't Biden voters get COVID relief funds?
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Look at this Science-denying POS out here killing Troy's parents
Vaccines have been quite effective at preventing cases of COVID-19 that lead to severe illness and death, but none has proved reliable at blocking transmission of the virus, Jones noted. Recent evidence has also made clear that the immunity provided by vaccines can wane in a matter of months.

The result is that even if vaccination were universal, the coronavirus would probably continue to spread.
How about nice glass of GO FUCK YOURSELF, YOU TRUMP SUPPORTING SPREADNECK Dr. Jefferson Jones, a so-called "medical officer on the CDC’s COVID-19 Epidemiology Task Force."

Now, HERE we have a guy with some sense:
To Dr. Oliver Brooks, a member of the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, it was a sobering new message, with potentially worrisome effects... people may lose sight of the fact that vaccination is not just an act of personal protection but a way to protect the community.
(he's worried people may lose sight of something that the other guy admits just isn't true)
A public tack away from the promise of herd immunity may also further undermine the CDC’s credibility when it comes to fighting the coronavirus.
LMAO. By all means, the CDC should preserve its credibility by not telling the truth. See previous paragraph.
“it’s very hard to convey uncertainty and remain authoritative,” [retired public health professor Raj] Bhopal said. “It’s a pity we can’t take the public along with us on that road of uncertainty.”
The problem isn't the uncertainty. The problem is the dogmatism and authoritarianism. Every single policy our rulers have implemented HAS FAILED. They refuse to admit it, and they refuse to rescind the policies. Instead, we get failed policy heaped on failed policy, just like with air travel.

And anybody who questions the policy is demonized as a granny murderer. Or, if you don't trust the CDC, you're a conspiracy theorist (even though the article is basically saying the CDC has internal discussions about how it really doesn't want to level with the public on the failure of the vaccine).
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

I thought our government was insane but this is next level:

And even if you personally have been vaccinated, if you're not for MANDATES, then you're a dirty ANTI-VAXXER:

This is why some people are convinced there's something nefarious in the vaccine. WHY ELSE would we see this level of coercion and demonization (not to mention just plain RAAAAAGE at the thought of dissent), when the disease itself is just not that dangerous?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

New variant from southern Africa already causing travel shutdowns to/from other countries. Stocks down 2%.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:58 am New variant from southern Africa already causing travel shutdowns to/from other countries. Stocks down 2%.
The markets seem to think this variant is a) bad or b) a sign of bad things to come or c) both.

Oil is down more than $10 today, stock market down more than 2%. Bond yields down a lot as well. Gasoline down $0.28 at wholesale.
The new strain has now been detected in a growing number of countries, including Belgium, Botswana and Israel. Fauci said there was “no indication” that B.1.1.529 had reached the U.S. yet.

B.1.1.529 contains even more mutations than the world’s most dominant Covid strain, the highly transmissible delta variant. The new variant features roughly 50 mutations according to data presented by the South Africa Department of Health at a media briefing Friday. That includes more than 30 mutations to the spike protein that allows Covid to enter cells and 10 to the receptor binding domain that first makes contact with cells.

Comparatively, the delta strain has just two mutations to the receptor binding domain.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

This is why both the claims that "the vaccine is better than natural immunity" don't pass the smell test, and widespread vaccination is retarded.

OF COURSE mutations on the spike protein are going to get selected for. That's the ONLY part of the virus the vaxxed* have antibodies for. Whereas people who've had it have antibodies for lots of other proteins from the virus. BTW, Belgium is 75% "fully" vaccinated (lol whatever that means, maybe the 4th dose will do the trick), and something like 80% of Israelis over age 12 are too.

What would it take to finally convince people this vaccine is not going to end the pandemic? (That's rhetorical of course. The answer is "nothing" because SCIENCE says I'm wrong). There's no way out but through, boys. Take your vitamin D and God bless you all.

*I mean, of course, the vaxxed who haven't actually had the real infection as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »