Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

UC Irvine to students: "Get vaxed or lose WiFi."

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

That's hilarious.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

I've got to admit, I'll bet it's effective. (It gets a bit more threatening if you read past the WiFi part. I expect a court challenge.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

The sheer totalitarian brutality of this is only outmatched by its absurdity. A grand total of 2,000 college-aged Americans have died in this deadly, world-ending pandemic.

That's 2,000 TOTAL deaths in the 15-24 y.o. age group in the past 2 years.

That's about how many die in ONE year from drinking.

But yes, it TOTALLY makes sense to bring the hammer down on people who haven't got the THIRD dose (because the first two didn't work but this one totally will) of a "vaccine" that doesn't keep them from catching or spreading the disease that kills fewer of them than drinking does.

Once again: WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

More cracks in the dam:

Denmark Declares Covid No Longer Poses Threat to Society. (narrator: IT NEVER DID)

Health officials are hinting at ending COVID restrictions and not because of the truckers (yeah totally not because of the truckers eh)

Also note the subhead: "While viruses such as smallpox and polio can be stamped out through aggressive vaccination, COVID-19 is simply too infectious to be eliminated entirely." But by God we must mandate the vax! Because otherwise we'll never end the pandemic and we'll have endless variants!

Also, some dangerous misinformation that's killing people:
Ivermectin shows ‘antiviral effect’ against COVID, Japanese company says (Neil Young hardest hit)

Literally EVERYTHING that was once dangerous misinformation or even worse, racist consipiratard theory, is now mainstream headlines. Yet none of these people will admit they were wrong. They'll never admit it, and they'll never be "held accountable" (which is modern jargon for "punished").
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Four Omicron variants being tracked and one is "of concern".

It will never end.

LA and SF mayors took a maskless picture with Magic at the Rams-49ers game and are taking heat for the "Rules for thee but not for me" perception. Don't worry though, LA mayor says he held his breath.

He should have just said, "Wasn't me". It'd be funnier.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:21 am LA and SF mayors took a maskless picture with Magic at the Rams-49ers game and are taking heat for the "Rules for thee but not for me" perception. Don't worry though, LA mayor says he held his breath.

He should have just said, "Wasn't me". It'd be funnier.
"I didn't exhale"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Who gets long Covid?

tldr: more reasons to avoid covid if you have an autoimmune disease or love someone who does.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:32 am "I didn't exhale"
Ha! I thought of Clinton too.
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:34 am Who gets long Covid?

tldr: more reasons to avoid covid if you have an autoimmune disease or love someone who does.
TLDR: Long Covid is a social construct:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamain ... le/2785832
The findings of this cross-sectional analysis of a large, population-based French cohort suggest that persistent physical symptoms after COVID-19 infection may be associated more with the belief in having been infected with SARS-CoV-2 than with having laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 infection
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Here's a one for Thib.

thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Sorry comrade, this is dangerous misinformation and you have been CANCELLED.

EDIT: also LOL at the Krieger school doing the science...

thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

In case you're ever in doubt that this is about SCIENCE:
Younger Americans Benefited Less From Booster Shots Than Older People

Among those under age 50, vaccination even without a booster protected strongly against hospitalization and death, according to new C.D.C. data.

The figures confirm that booster doses are most beneficial to older adults, as the C.D.C. has previously reported. But the new numbers for younger Americans were less compelling. In those age groups, vaccination itself — two doses of the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine — decreased the risk of hospitalization and death so sharply that a booster shot did not seem to add much benefit.
“I do not think these data support a universal booster rollout for everyone,” said Dr. Celine Gounder, an infectious disease expert and epidemiologist at Kaiser Health News.
Still, the new data may not make any difference — to the C.D.C.’s recommendations on boosters, or to the general public.

“The booster policy is the booster policy. It’s not going to change,” Dr. Moore [ a virologist at Weill Cornell Medicine in New York] ​said.

SCIENCE! DATA! Just get the damn booster!
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

I've posted the Vitamin D link at least 4 times, for over a year. Peeps keep treating it like the plague.

Just drink a glass of milk. BAM your already low risk of covid is cut by another 90%.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:20 am I've posted the Vitamin D link at least 4 times, for over a year. Peeps keep treating it like the plague.
People where?
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:28 am
GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:20 am I've posted the Vitamin D link at least 4 times, for over a year. Peeps keep treating it like the plague.
People where?
Heh. pretend i put a link to the general dtman forums, here.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:29 am
TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:28 am
People where?
Heh. pretend i put a link to the general dtman forums, here.
I have no memory of that. I'm pretty sure every time you've mentioned vitamin D, I just make a crack about giving it to my wife.

Search agrees with me

I don't see anyone "treating it like the plague"
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

There was a pretty heated exchange a while back, on here. And this is just a small microcosm of the internet, the heated exchanges are everywhere.