Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:32 pm Where was the Covid wave this winter?

Maybe the exploding polar bear population cancelled it out?
Probably thanks to the masks! :D
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Two weeks ago I had a nasty flu. This week I've had a cold, which escalated yesterday resulting in me being forced to go take a covid test. (results pending)

Turns out at least two people here, one of whom I had close proximity to had the covids.

The one that had it, but I wasn't close to ever I did see in her department Wednesday. She was apparently quarantined for 5 days and now she's back at work. She's also in her 50s and very overweight. I guess the doctor gave her some drug that had completely turned her symptoms around within an hour.

How far we've come from those first days of covid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

The short (30 sec or so) clip of one of the top surgeons in the U.S. proclaiming the largest distributor of misinformation during Covid was the government. This is during a House subcommittee meeting, so, yes legit.
https://youtube.com/shorts/srEZ7V6Z-d0?feature=share

(Our site's code can't handle the YouTube shorts links.)

It doesn't matter where you fell during Covid, no logical person can be thrilled with how it was all handled back then or the facts that have come out since.

The entire hearing if you're so inclined.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Half the people were saying, "Why are you so stupid that you don't trust science."

The other half were, "Why do you believe everything that is said to you?"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Coronavirus

Post by thibodeaux »

Masks are bad for you (duh)
Discussion: Masks interfered with O2-uptake and CO2-release and compromised respiratory compensation. Though evaluated wearing durations are shorter than daily/prolonged use, outcomes independently validate mask-induced exhaustion-syndrome (MIES) and down-stream physio-metabolic disfunctions. MIES can have long-term clinical consequences, especially for vulnerable groups. So far, several mask related symptoms may have been misinterpreted as long COVID-19 symptoms. In any case, the possible MIES contrasts with the WHO definition of health.

Conclusion: Face mask side-effects must be assessed (risk-benefit) against the available evidence of their effectiveness against viral transmissions [i.e., NONE - me]. In the absence of strong empirical evidence of effectiveness, mask wearing should not be mandated let alone enforced by law.
Shame mask wearers. Punish mask mandators. Raze Maskage and salt the ground.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

For some reason, I don't think the media outlets he listened to during the pandemic are reporting what we know now...

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Ah, the subreddit "masks4all"
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

If we posted a link there to the studies that even CNN reported about masks not working...would they listen or just delete them?

Are these the new flat Earthers?
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

They know what they know. "Why don't these people believe science?" feels like a fair comment.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:49 am New Variant: Arcturus
God dammit, Stranger.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

CDC Director steps down.

I don't think she's going to be remembered fondly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

New covid vax coming.

Mask mandates might be returning.

Really? We're doing this all again? Even Fauci said masks are useless (even N95s), so why play pretend?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:25 pm Even Fauci said masks are useless (even N95s), so why play pretend?
OK, prove that statement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:25 pm Mask mandates might be returning.
X - Doubt.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:59 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:25 pm Even Fauci said masks are useless (even N95s), so why play pretend?
OK, prove that statement.
Can't. Saw an interview with him on a morning show.

I can point this out though:
a trove of Dr. Anthony Fauci’s emails were released to the public. In a Feb. 5, 2020, email to a Team Obama health official, the ­virus guru wrote that masks were for infected people, and that “the typical mask you buy in a drug store is not really effective in keeping out the virus, which is small enough to pass through the material.”
To be honest, based on how Covid played out I can't think of a single source, right, left or middle, that didn't spread misinformation of some sort. So I genuinely have no idea who to believe anymore.

"Hey take this vaccine, it's perfectly safe. You can trust us. I know the first ones weren't awesome, and yeah, two are off the market now, but we promise the new one is awesome. We know about medicine and believe in science. Oh, and men can give birth after getting knocked up by women with penises."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:57 pm a trove of Dr. Anthony Fauci’s emails were released to the public. In a Feb. 5, 2020, email to a Team Obama health official, the ­virus guru wrote that masks were for infected people, and that “the typical mask you buy in a drug store is not really effective in keeping out the virus, which is small enough to pass through the material.”
Which isn't N95.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

They don't sell N95s in drug stores?
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:08 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:57 pm a trove of Dr. Anthony Fauci’s emails were released to the public. In a Feb. 5, 2020, email to a Team Obama health official, the ­virus guru wrote that masks were for infected people, and that “the typical mask you buy in a drug store is not really effective in keeping out the virus, which is small enough to pass through the material.”
Which isn't N95.
The CDC says none are 100% effective.

But who trusts them anymore?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:25 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:08 pm
Which isn't N95.
The CDC says none are 100% effective.

But who trusts them anymore?
Has anyone said that? I mean, just keep changing the goalposts. At any rate, that shows it's effective.

you said "useless"