Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

I'm seeing a perfect storm of sedentary COVID long termers all single and mingling at the same time.

Need a boner pill ETF.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:08 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:50 pm People are talking about a "fourth surge" already, but that seems ridiculous. I dunno. I feel like we had the 3rd surge over the holidays/January, and anything else is probably just bumps. If we hit even 150k avg cases per day (1/2 the 300k peak avg), I'd be surprised.
3 weeks later, I'm going to say I was right, although there's still time.

NC is close to removing most mandates by June 1st, assuming things continue. I hope the indoor mask mandate stays... for now.
New case average down to 35k per day.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Another reason to not get the JNJ.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:38 pm
Another reason to not get the JNJ.
Yeah JJ seem to have really fucked this one up - compared to Pfizer Moderna anyway. Glad we had as many companies going after the vaccine as we did.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Speaking of Camp Lejeune, just got this update:
New Fitness Center Mask Policy Effective Friday, May 14

Effective Friday, May 14, the Wallace Creek Fitness Center and Area 4 HITT Center will be “mask-free” facilities and only open to personnel who are fully vaccinated. This new guidance applies to all DoD ID card holders who have access to these facilities. All personnel will be required to show proof of vaccination and their ID card prior to entry.
Interesting.

And no, vaccinations were NOT mandatory for active duty Marines.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:25 pm Speaking of Camp Lejeune, just got this update:
New Fitness Center Mask Policy Effective Friday, May 14

Effective Friday, May 14, the Wallace Creek Fitness Center and Area 4 HITT Center will be “mask-free” facilities and only open to personnel who are fully vaccinated. This new guidance applies to all DoD ID card holders who have access to these facilities. All personnel will be required to show proof of vaccination and their ID card prior to entry.
Interesting.

And no, vaccinations were NOT mandatory for active duty Marines.
This seems similar to what the CDC said today to incentivize vaccinations. Basically “are you vaccinated? Good, no restrictions. Welcome to the roaring 20s.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:30 pm This seems similar to what the CDC said today to incentivize vaccinations. Basically “are you vaccinated? Good, no restrictions. Welcome to the roaring 20s.”
What's interesting to me is if you read between the lines it basically says: "If you follow our advice, here's what you should do. If you don't, we don't give a shit. If you die, you die. It's on you. We're done trying to save everyone."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Peeps weren't bumping uglies as much during the pandemic.

Not just strangers, but relationships.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

Feel like we'll get to see the other side of the coin as far as pandemic crazies in the next months.

We've only been seeing the no mask, no vaccine weirdos. But when the vaccinated unmask, we will probably hear from that particular sect less as they blend in.

BUT, there is another sect. The ones who think we should be wearing masks 24/7, pandemic or not. The ones who are happier sitting at home, not thinking about the consequences. Probably even a group of people that find they are now agoraphobic and germophobic in crowds.

Fun times ahead. I'm sure it will all be smooth. :lol:
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Our new guidance went into effect Friday so masks aren't really required any more, but businesses can require them.

We visited a couple of places on the way back from camping this weekend, and wore masks. The people at the places were < 50% masked, but still a decent # of masks. (We were in Kinston, NC, so masking wasn't so high even when 'required')
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:42 pm The ones who think we should be wearing masks 24/7, pandemic or not. The ones who are happier sitting at home, not thinking about the consequences. Probably even a group of people that find they are now agoraphobic and germophobic in crowds.
They absolutely exist, but I honestly hope people look at wearing masks as a polite thing to do when they're sick, ala Japan.
Troy

Coronavirus

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:55 pm
Troy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:42 pm The ones who think we should be wearing masks 24/7, pandemic or not. The ones who are happier sitting at home, not thinking about the consequences. Probably even a group of people that find they are now agoraphobic and germophobic in crowds.
They absolutely exist, but I honestly hope people look at wearing masks as a polite thing to do when they're sick, ala Japan.
Seeing them on the California subreddit already. Big talk about the economy coming back, everything re-opening, offices coming back...

... but then you see "BUT WHAT ABOUT BUBBLE PEOPLE? THINK OF THE BUBBLE PEOPLE!!!" "

Like... what were these people doing pre pandemic?
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Lots of people died. Doesn't include early 2021 stats.

Life expectancy dropped an entire year, from 78.8 to 77.8
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Such a small percentage, won't even be a historical blip.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Putting these here because I think the lockdown is playing a role:

Brooks Koepka discusses the crowd taking control on the walk up 18.

Kings Island closes early thanks to multiple fights.

Granted, that Kings Island already has a bad reputation, but the lack of workers clearly wasn't helping the situation.

I'm thinking 2021 will be a good year to stay away from crowded places/events.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Cedar Point has never cared about over-crowding the park. They consider it a worthy goal. They don't care if the lines are so long you only have time to ride 4, all day. They don't care if you had to wait an hour in line for food. They only care if you paid to get in, and paid to park, and after that they'd prefer you just left.

Now they plan on not being open some days in June, because they haven't staffed up.

I have opinions about Cedar Point.

All that being said, if the fights at King's Island are because they understaffed and created an environment that promoted violence and/or riots (mostly peaceful protesting), then charge them with something. I dislike this race to the bottom, for the sake of profits. I want to have nice things.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

That King's Island has had incidents before, so I think being understaffed definitely made the situation worse.

Cedar Point has had staffing issues prior to covid, so they need to pull their heads out of their asses, stop being so greedy, and get those Eastern Bloc students over here.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Someone somewhere mentioned that they meet daily payroll with parking fees, alone. They just don't want to staff up, because fuck the customer.