LAN Party

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by GORDON »

You can rent a AirBNB on the beach for less than that room.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

LAN Party

Post by Cakedaddy »

But you'll not find that setup anywhere else. . .
GORDON
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by GORDON »

I'll pitch in for the folding tables. BYOSB.
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Got my new laptop. It's faster, etc, etc. Dell finally fixed the "camera at the bottom of the screen" issue which was annoying in the past.

The 4k screen is taking a little getting used to. Everything's very sharp, but every once in a while I come across something that cannot handle the 4k correctly. Like RDP inside of another RDP. The 2nd machine ended up very tiny. Probably some settings I can adjust.

"15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) OLED InfinityEdge Anti-Reflective Non-Touch 100% DCI-P3 400-Nits display"

For an anti-reflective screen, it's still a bit reflective. Especially compared to my old screen.

Also, using a 4k laptop connected to 2 non-4k monitors still confuses Windows when trying to move things around.

And it default to a dark theme for some reason. Which is taking some getting used to. But I guess saves power?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Like RDP inside of another RDP.
I brainfart while doing that every so often and forget which servers I'm on or that I'm even doing it.
TheCatt wrote: And it default to a dark theme for some reason. Which is taking some getting used to. But I guess saves power?
I'm not positive about this, but I believe this might be the case?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

LAN Party

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: TheCatt wrote:
Source of the post And it default to a dark theme for some reason. Which is taking some getting used to. But I guess saves power?

I'm not positive about this, but I believe this might be the case?

This is true only for an OLED where each pixel is actually lit up individually, not so for a regular LED backlit display in which the backlight is always on regardless. So in Catt's case, he is saving power by being in dark mode.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: This is true only for an OLED where each pixel is actually lit up individually, not so for a regular LED backlit display in which the backlight is always on regardless. So in Catt's case, he is saving power by being in dark mode.
I'M SAVING THE WORLD
GORDON
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by GORDON »

No it's all a scam ha ha ha
Stranger

LAN Party

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote:
Stranger wrote: This is true only for an OLED where each pixel is actually lit up individually, not so for a regular LED backlit display in which the backlight is always on regardless. So in Catt's case, he is saving power by being in dark mode.
I'M SAVING THE WORLD
Now only if we could all own a laptop like that..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
I'M SAVING THE WORLD
Now only if we could all own a laptop like that..
Well, work bought it, so technically not mine...
TheCatt
Site Admin

LAN Party

Post by TheCatt »

Vegas, Baby.