The Royal Family

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by Leisher »

Harry and Meghan want to step back and the Queen is pissed.

I really don't give a fuck about the royal family, but for some reason this story fascinates me.

I get Harry wanting out of the limelight, but Meghan was an actress. That's the very definition of wanting the spotlight on you.

There explanation seems to be "We want it all, but only on our terms." Basically, it'd be like if Brad Pitt specifically forbid fans, the MSM, and the paparazzi from ever even coming near him, but still wanted all the fame and respect his roles in movies provide.

It's an extremely inexperienced and ignorant way to look at the world. It reminds me of how Gervais told the celebs at the Golden Globes, "You don't live in the real world." Same shit here.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by TheCatt »

I dunno. I can't blame them. Meghan may want some spotlight, but god damn that ones the royal live under.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by Leisher »

I get being sick of it, but they've also never worked a day in their life. I've already seen some headlines about how they want to be independently wealthy and financial people are saying it's essentially impossible.

I think they want the life, but not the attention. Unfortunately, you rarely get one without the other.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by GORDON »

By formerly resigning they'll have the life, but still have the attention, and none of the royal duties. Smart move.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: but they've also never worked a day in their life.
Prince Harry served in the Army for ten years, rising to the rank of Captain and undertaking two tours of Afghanistan.
I don't know the details of said work... but that's what I got.
Troy

The Royal Family

Post by Troy »

Couldn't he just be a full time helicopter pilot and she a B-list actor? Maybe A list if she gets another TV sitcom break. Seems like a good lifestyle in Canada, where the British media and subjects will hopefully stop being so awful to them and the kid.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Prince Harry served in the Army for ten years, rising to the rank of Captain and undertaking two tours of Afghanistan.
While I respect that he served, I can assure you that he was as protected as it gets.
Troy

The Royal Family

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
While I respect that he served, I can assure you that he was as protected as it gets.
I think he called in airstrikes and was a link between ground forces and air support. He may have been pretty pampered but he was definitely in danger at times. More danger than your average military person, anyway. Not a door kicker or EOD but he was definitely in the field. Until the media blew his shit up anyway
thibodeaux

The Royal Family

Post by thibodeaux »

You may not recall Harry got into a bit of a row back in his schoolboy days by putting on a Nazi uniform as a prank or Halloween costume or whatever. Given that, and given that we ALL KNOW who is the real power behind the throne:

(note: it's the guy poking, not the guy being poked, and his name rhymes with "wrath child" and his people are not exactly fans of Nazis you might say)

Basically, Harry is being punished. They made him marry this...whatever she is. She's divorced and older than him. I get that the Royals can't just marry whoever they want, but I bet that Megan was not exactly at the top of the wish list. So, this is his punishment, and so is being exiled.

At least that's my take.
Troy

The Royal Family

Post by Troy »

thibodeaux wrote: You may not recall Harry got into a bit of a row back in his schoolboy days by putting on a Nazi uniform as a prank or Halloween costume or whatever. Given that, and given that we ALL KNOW who is the real power behind the throne:

Basically, Harry is being punished. They made him marry this...whatever she is. She's divorced and older than him. I get that the Royals can't just marry whoever they want, but I bet that Megan was not exactly at the top of the wish list. So, this is his punishment, and so is being exiled.

At least that's my take.
Your take is that "they" (the established royals?) MADE Harry fall in love and marry an older, mixed race, American woman, which whipped the British press into an invasive frenzy not seen sense Diana?

Because... jews?

It's hot, i'll give you that.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by Leisher »

We need a laughing emoji.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by GORDON »

:lol:
Leisher
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by Leisher »

That's weak sauce.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by GORDON »

You are
thibodeaux

The Royal Family

Post by thibodeaux »

Troy wrote:
thibodeaux wrote: You may not recall Harry got into a bit of a row back in his schoolboy days by putting on a Nazi uniform as a prank or Halloween costume or whatever. Given that, and given that we ALL KNOW who is the real power behind the throne:

At least that's my take.
Your take is that "they" (the established royals?) MADE Harry fall in love and marry an older, mixed race, American woman, which whipped the British press into an invasive frenzy not seen sense Diana?

Because... jews?

It's hot, i'll give you that.
I don’t think he fell in love.
Vince

The Royal Family

Post by Vince »

It was my understanding that we kicked the Brits' asses twice so we would no longer have to give a shit about the royal family.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by TheCatt »

Vince

The Royal Family

Post by Vince »

I will keep this handy for when Brits lecture us about our history of racism.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The Royal Family

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
I will keep this handy for when Brits lecture us about our history of racism.
Pretty sure there are a lot more examples than just that. Both from the past (essentially the entire world) and recently (Muslims).

Maybe the media there doesn't like Harry and this is an extension of that?