Russia

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Russia signals they might end their invasion of Ukraine.

The question now becomes, does the world allow Russia to keep this land to get peace? If they do a precedent is set...

Getting that land bridge has cost them a lot.

Republican Rand Paul blocks Ukraine aid package. That's what the headlines say, but once you dig into the details, it's less shitty than it seems.
The change Paul is seeking would create a special inspector general to oversee how the Ukraine military aid is spent. Members from both parties broadly agree with that notion, but forcing a change to the bill at this stage would be very time consuming and would slow getting the needed aid to Ukraine.
Emphasis mine and will be important in a minute.

So what is his reasoning?
"My oath of office is the US constitution not to any foreign nation and no matter how sympathetic the cause, my oath of office is to the national security of the United States of America," Paul said in his remarks before objecting to moving to swift passage of the bill. "We cannot save Ukraine by dooming the US economy."
Ok, not really something that a sane and logical person could disagree with, but they need aid now, right?

Thus, cue the politics...
"The package is ready to go," Schumer said. "The vast majority of senators on both sides of the aisle want it. There's now only one thing holding us back the junior senator from Kentucky is preventing swift passage of Ukraine aid because he wants to add at the last minute his own changes directly into the bill. His change is strongly opposed by many members of both parties."
Emphasis mine. CNN seems to disagree with you sir. Schumer then went on to prove he's just playing games with this:
Schumer responded that "it's clear from the junior senator from Kentucky's remarks he doesn't want to aid Ukraine."
Oh fuck you jackass. When you make Mitch McConnell the voice of reason and logic, you're being an asshole:
"We should vote on Senator Paul's amendment, and then we should pass the supplemental and we should do it today," McConnell added.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

I think Ukraine wont let them keep it, they'll push them back to the borders. And if they're feeling spicy, they might push another 50 miles into Russia and keep it as "invasion tax."

I think the sanctions won't end for at least 5 years, depending on how accountable russian leadership decides to be. "We were justified!" keeps them fucked. "Yeah, sorry, here's reparations" eases off the pressure.

And then there's this issue of, as rumor has it, tens of thousands of Ukranian children have been kidnapped into siberia. This is going to be a huge problem moving forward, because I don't think they'll ever admit it.

But everyone hates the russians, again. It's like I'm back in boot camp.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

The heavy NATO gear is just starting to land and be used with Ukrainian soldiers trained to use it in Poland and Germany. Ukraine has weathered the brunt of it all with old Soviet gear so far.

No chance in hell they back down until they are pre-2014 lands whole. Not after they retook all the territory near Kyev, like Bucha, and found the mass graves of their civilians.

They have this brutal, war crime committing enemy within their sight, with fresh, newly trained, NATO equipped, and patriotically motivated military units. It’s on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

I’ve been hearing Putin is sick and Ukraine thinks he might get overthrown.

That’s be nice, but I doubt it
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:20 pm I’ve been hearing Putin is sick and Ukraine thinks he might get overthrown.
Being reported as true.

Another source.

That river crossing failure is a PR disaster in Russia.

Ukrainians think Russia is retreating.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

That this is being said without being cut away from on Russian state TV is wild. Suggests either an actual schism forming in the political ranks, and regime change in the cards, or the state preparing the country for an actual retreat.

Either way, nuts.

And fuck that Nazi woman.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

I wonder if one could go backwards and illuminate a chain of economic and sociologic cause/effect decisions that would suggest Putin's invasion of Ukraine was directly caused by the global COVID response.

I'm probably 10 years too early with that question. Not enough hindsight yet.

I was just reading that vegetable oil prices were going way up, in part, because of the Ukraine invasion.

https://calgaryherald.com/executive/exe ... 1a36bd395b
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:01 pm And fuck that Nazi woman.
That bitch is the Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, Rachel Maddow, or Don Lemon of Russia.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

I bought a fancy walking stick off Amazon and had no idea it was made in and shipping from Kiev. Now I want it more. And I'm also concerned it'll get blown up.
Screenshot 2022-05-25 101954.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Someone in Kyiv was attacking my network last week, so apparently business as usual over there.

Alleged assassination attempt on Putin 2 months ago.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:35 am Someone in Kyiv was attacking my network last week, so apparently business as usual over there.
Or, someone pretending to be from Kyiv...
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 am
Leisher wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:35 am Someone in Kyiv was attacking my network last week, so apparently business as usual over there.
They were pretending to be from New Jersey. Had a few agencies investigating, but who knows, maybe they couldn't track it past Kyiv?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:07 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 am
They were pretending to be from New Jersey. Had a few agencies investigating, but who knows, maybe they couldn't track it past Kyiv?
You got an agency to investigate? Wow
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:22 am
Leisher wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:07 am
TheCatt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 am Or, someone pretending to be from Kyiv...
You got an agency to investigate? Wow
Not the alphabet agencies. Sorry poor wording on my part. AT&T and Darktrace were whom I meant.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:31 am Not the alphabet agencies. Sorry poor wording on my part. AT&T and Darktrace were whom I meant.
Ah, OK.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

Oh good so they're cutting down on the amount of rape and child murder they'll be financing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »