Russia

For stuff that is general.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:59 pm There's also a fake video circulating of a Biden "open mic" moment where he calls people stupid. You don't get to point out a guy's clear dementia constantly and question his ability, then turn around and pretend he's some master manipulator.
Random, but all these deep fake AI videos of Trump/Biden/Obama playing games like Minecraft and Terrari are fucking hilarious btw. This wasn't the deepfake future they warned me about, but a much better one. Until it's used to start a war or something.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Arrest warrant out for Putin from ICC for child trafficking.

Poland supplying planes (good) to Ukraine.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/li ... d=97380473

Fuck Russia, give Ukraine anything they want (and more?)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:54 am Arrest warrant out for Putin from ICC for child trafficking.
If this wasn't some humanitarian thing, like "Oh, your parents died, let's get you some place safe, warm, and with food and education", which we know it wasn't, then death penalty.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

It's been reported since month 1 that thousands of kids have been snatched and sent all over Russia to be brainwashed. It may have been scrubbed from the internet, who knows.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:24 pm Russian hockey teams are still barred.
Good. Bar all of Russia.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Former US President Bill Clinton said he regrets persuading Ukraine to give up its nuclear weapons in the 1990s. In an interview with Irish broadcaster RTE Tuesday, he suggested Russia would not have invaded Ukraine if Kyiv still had nuclear weapons.
I can't link the story because it's a part of CNN's stupid live updates page on Ukraine. You know the ones where the stories constantly scroll, but aren't actually given their own URLs.

Anyway, I found this to be a really interesting comment from a former president and someone on the political left. First, here's a former world leader suggesting that the possession of nukes can prevent war. How many smaller countries can use that as justification for their own nuclear programs? Doesn't Iran, North Korea, etc. have cases for their own nukes based on that logic? Second, someone on the left suggesting owning weapons can be a deterrent to aggression is a strong argument for the 2nd Amendment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

Imagine someone wanting to invade North Korea.

Then they'd have to own north korea
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Wild footage of trench warfare on the UK eastern front:

Skip to 1:50 for a Russian soldier throwing a freaking grenade at the NCO with body cam. Holy shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

I want to know why they were ordered not to fire into the trench. Wonder if they were hoping to capture someone?
Cakedaddy

Russia

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was thinking another group was pushing into that trench from a different angle and didn't want friendly fire.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:36 pm Russians bomb Russia.
could they even tell the difference afterwards?
Cakedaddy

Russia

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm wondering if they'd say they did it themselves because of an emergency instead of admitting that Ukraine is able to strike their city (which according to the reporter, they have in the past).
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Sorta important from a national security perspective. Patriot battery in UKR used to shoot down RU's "unstoppable hypersonic missile" for the first time.

So that's good - good to know we have that capability.

It's news because it was at first something that UKR initially denied - why give free info to the enemy? But the pictures were out in the internet and we all know how that goes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

I saw that Wagner is pulling out of...where ever they were holding...and openly bitching about lack of supplies and shitty leadership from the Kremlin.

It's not just going poorly for Russia, it seems like it's almost over and they're going to lose.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Russian oligarch Andrey Kovalev has criticized Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine and its consequences for Russia.
He'd better steer clear of tall buildings...

Wagner boss now says his troops are staying.

I'm sure he was gently told if they pulled out, he and his family would slip and fall off a tall building. Good luck to him since he just publicly admitted to the world that his troops there are running low on ammo.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:35 am
Russian oligarch Andrey Kovalev has criticized Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine and its consequences for Russia.
I'm sure he was gently told if they pulled out, he and his family would slip and fall off a tall building. Good luck to him since he just publicly admitted to the world that his troops there are running low on ammo.
That's something they do to Ru civilians and oligarchs.

Pretty sure they'd just have the troops in the second line of defense shoot all the Wagner dudes who tried to retreat, Stalingrad style. It all seemed very Hollywood when depicted in movies. But we now know it's all true, and worse.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Video from elsewhere for the joke, but yes, many Twitter accounts (w/ photos) are saying the Victory Day parade only had 1 T-34. That was it for tanks.

I wonder what Russia's actual military capabilities are at this point.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

It's probably one they got from fucking LAOS.

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/news ... -from-laos

Russia is in a tough place with tanks due to losses but SURELY, there are a few 100 of their most modern T-90Ms guarding Moscow. Interesting choice to not even try some bullshit propaganda. At the very least it's Russia being ok to admit to their own people that shit is not going as planned in Ukraine.