Russia

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am Are you saying my company's about to be invaded?
We might all get invaded.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am I know what I don't know. Mostly.
You only know what you don't know about the things you know about. (I just wanted to type that)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:01 pm You only know what you don't know about the things you know about. (I just wanted to type that)
"because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."

- Rumsfeld
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Dammit. Rumsfeld wins.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Russia destroyed the radiation monitoring at Chernobyl.

Meanwhile, Russia said last night (it's on CNN somewhere, saw the story last night) that they are not ruling out using nukes in Ukraine. Maybe Troy is right to be so worried about this escalating to world war status? Putin seems hell bent on getting his way or taking the world out.

Belarus is expected to join the Russian invasion soon.

Also seeing Chechnian (sp?) fighters have joined the Ukrainians. Obviously nothing official as these would be rebels.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

NATO should declare war on Belarus
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Ukraine song mocking the Russians.

NYT has a video breaking down what we're learning from Russian comms. They're using unsecured channels!

https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/eur ... kariv.html

The Atlantic has a really good story told by a former Marine who had a discussion with a Ukraine fighter.

This one explains why the Russians are getting their asses kicked.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

Know the difference between a strong leader, and a war monger? (D)
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Russia

Post by Cakedaddy »

When I read that he had said that, my first reaction was surprise and somewhat cringe. I mean, he's right, and that's a good goal. But you don't say it out loud you dumb old fuck.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Russia is "drastically" pulling troops away from Kyiv and the U.S. confirmed this is true. Apparently the peace talks are progressing somewhat.

Azov Battalion in Ukraine has Nazi roots.

Russia uses this group in their propaganda they spread back home, which proves my earlier point about how one cannot condemn all the people of Russia who support this invasion because they don't know what's going on. Sure, we're in the "information age", but ffs the internet is absolutely filled with horseshit. "Legit" news sites like CNN and Fox have been caught repeatedly reporting lies, twisting truths, and so on. And don't get me started on people getting their info from Twitter, TikTok, FB, etc.

More on the rollout of that propaganda and journalists disappearing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

I had no evidence, but just a feeling that the USA would be much, much better at cyberwarfare than russia was. We let russia have their bot farms, but I had a feeling we were already inside everything there, watching.

https://www.aviation24.be/miscellaneous ... r-back-up/

Not sure about CHina, though. Their entire tech tree is based off of espionage.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

That says Anonymous is suspected to be behind it, but what if Anonymous works for us?

"Ok Neo, here's the deal. We caught you hacking a bank. You can now go to jail and get raped every day for the next 30 years OR you can get a 6 figure salary from Uncle Sam. Live where ever you want, never need a job, do whatever you want, and be free as a bird. You can even join Anonymous. The only catch is that you work for us when we need you. If you ever hack anything in the U.S. again, it's prison for the rest of your life or maybe even Gitmo. Sound good?"

There's got to be at least one hacker living under such an agreement, yes?
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

I would presume. As I always say.... do you feel like you got $6 trillion of good government, last year?
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

That's a great question.

I saw somewhere last night that the U.S. population has grown 16% since some date I now forget. However, the U.S. budget has grown in that same time by 300+%.

People are asking why, but more people need to ask why. (But we're sidetracking this thread and should discuss this elsewhere.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:51 am I saw somewhere last night that the U.S. population has grown 16% since some date I now forget. However, the U.S. budget has grown in that same time by 300+%.
For one thing, only one of those is impacted by inflation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:17 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:51 am I saw somewhere last night that the U.S. population has grown 16% since some date I now forget. However, the U.S. budget has grown in that same time by 300+%.
For one thing, only one of those is impacted by inflation.
Dude, have you seen people lately? I'd say they're also pretty inflated...

Also, inflation isn't 300%. I realize those number don't need to match perfectly, but you have to be aware that we're wasting a LOT of money, yes?
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

EU is countering Russian misinformation using food.

Also saw that authorities are investigating Russian use of chemical weapons in Eastern Ukraine...
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »