Education

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

You'd think they'd fight over whether it was better to have a star, or no star, on their bellies.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Education

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:01 pm The Bible, Quran, Dianetics, etc. should never be in any publicly funded school.
Soooo. You support banning books.

I think they should be allowed to be there, but shouldn't be taught or part of the curriculum.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:20 pm Soooo. You support banning books.
Sure, depending on the book. You think every 1st grader needs access to Hustler, groomer? Do I think the actual example I cited earlier needs to be in elementary schools? No, I do not, and honestly, anyone who thinks it should be should have their hard drives checked.
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:20 pm I think they should be allowed to be there, but shouldn't be taught or part of the curriculum.
I am fine with this.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

Big day in education today. Apparently the house passed a "Parents bill of rights act".
0 Ds voted for it. I wonder why? Let's check with them and see: How about BOTH of our political parties keep their fucking culture pushes out of the classrooms?

Also, please look up "fascism" because you clearly have no fucking idea what it means.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

So, the bill is unconstitutional since it invokes "God-given" rights? Sounds like it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

That's just a fact sheet, but if it says that in the bill, then I agree.

Very simple to just say natural parental rights or something like that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:06 pm That's just a fact sheet, but if it says that in the bill, then I agree.

Very simple to just say natural parental rights or something like that.
I also hate how "Gays against Groomers" (Right, sure. Sounds like a right-wing nut job) just publishes something directly from the House subcommittee like it's objective.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:55 pm "Gays against Groomers" (Right, sure. Sounds like a right-wing nut job)
Not everyone on either side of the political spectrum agrees with everything that side's party pushes.

In fact, only the worst people tend to agree with everything their party says.

There's a rather large percentage of LGB people who want nothing to do with QT+. Not just because sexual preference is completely different from sexual identity, but also because of that +. There are people trying to get pedos and animal fuckers into the alphabet. It's been going on for years, decades even if you want to go back to when NAMBLA used to get into gay marches until a majority of gay people learned that was happening.

Think it's not happening? Well, ignore how much evidence has been posted here over the years, and just use some critical thinking. Minor Attracted People (MAPs) was invented why, exactly? Why do we need a "softer, more acceptable" term for them? There's a 13 year old boy doing a sexually provocative drag show making the rounds on Twitter right now. That's normal? How about the dozens of "family friendly" drag shows being held around the country where not only are the drag queens dancing like strippers, but they are doing so in various states of undress and kids as young as toddlers are being encouraged to put dollars in their thongs. I recently posted a video of a topless transwoman who had a tit job holding a toddler by the hand and leading her around the stage while others were gyrating around. What exactly are we teaching these kids and why? The only person from Justice League still employed by WB/DC is the guy who groomed a child and kidnapped her.

Now imagine that this shit was going on in your name. You've got to support LGBQT+ or you're a fascist and a bigot!

Also, do some searching and you'll find trans people speaking out against adults pushing transgender on kids, and yep, calling them groomers.

People are so dedicated to trying to virtue signal that they've lost their fucking minds. Ever see that Netflix documentary about the guy who groomed a daughter right out from her parents, fucked the mom, and even got the dad to suck his dick? All of these people are that dad.

Sorry, this was a bit of a rant, but fuck man. Gay doesn't equal pedo. Gay also doesn't equal "everything the Ds say is right". Gay people are just as capable as having conservative, traditional values as anyone else. Gay people also absolutely have the right to get upset when stuff is going on that they don't believe in, yet is advertised as part of their "spectrum".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:09 am Not everyone on either side of the political spectrum agrees with everything that side's party pushes.

In fact, only the worst people tend to agree with everything their party says.
Sure, but Gays Against Groomers isn't actually gay people, unlike the Log Cabin Republicans. It's a troll group.
Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:09 am Gay doesn't equal pedo.
It doesn't, but GAG's name is there to make the association.
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

I really think that publishing the agenda of less than 1% of extremist people is sensationalism meant to divide people, pure and simple. Because outrage and division drives clicks for advertising money.

There's an argument to be made the the MSM and/or advertising companies to be considered enemies of humanity.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:57 am Sure, but Gays Against Groomers isn't actually gay people, unlike the Log Cabin Republicans. It's a troll group.
What research did you do on them to reach this conclusion?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

SF removes Algebra from 8th grade to improve Black/Hispanic math scores, on the premise that more time on other math in middle school would prepare them better for it in high school.
San Francisco Unified decided in 2015 to delay algebra till ninth grade and place low, average and high achievers in the same classes. The goal was to improve achievement for black and Hispanic students, preparing more for advanced math.

That didn't happen, concludes a study by a team of Stanford professors. "Large ethnoracial gaps in advanced math course-taking . . . did not change." Black students aren't more likely to enroll in AP math; Hispanic enrollment increased by 1 percentage point. Overall, there was no change in the number of students receiving credit for advanced math classes, or the number taking math in 12th grade.
The district had bragged that algebra failure rates had dropped. Families for San Francisco, a parent group, analyzed the data: Failure rates dropped after the district dropped the end-of-course exam.
"Families with resources turn to fee-required online algebra 1 courses in eighth grade, outside the public school system, or enroll their kids in private schools," they write. Those who can't afford it must take a compression class that combines advanced algebra and pre-calculus or take a year of double math to get on track for AP Calculus.

The district "will take credit for my granddaughter’s mathematical success as proof their policies work," one of the authors writes. "In reality, this took two of her summers and nearly $2,000."
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

San Francisco will run with this. They'll stop counting murders in the murder stats, and will stop counting homeless people for their homelessness stats.

They've got it figured out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:50 am San Francisco will run with this. They'll stop counting murders in the murder stats, and will stop counting homeless people for their homelessness stats.

They've got it figured out.
"They call the streets the home, they aren't homeless!"
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

"Holy shit, drug OD stats are zero now. We did it!"
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:55 am "They call the streets the home, they aren't homeless!"
Serious question, don't they legit call them "Sidewalk residents" or something?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:59 am
TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:55 am "They call the streets the home, they aren't homeless!"
Serious question, don't they legit call them "Sidewalk residents" or something?
I dont know. and I dont want to know, but probably.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

I'm certain that 100% of the (not retarded) children in my local school system are literate. To that video I'd say "Who's WE, Kemosabe?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:25 pm I'm certain that 100% of the (not retarded) children in my local school system are literate. To that video I'd say "Who's WE, Kemosabe?"
Where are government programs most heavily pushed? That's the answer to who "we" is...