Education

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:19 am When I saw my pp, and when the neighbor girl didn't have a pp.
I said almost the exact thing to my girlfriend (with the transgender son) this weekend. She disagreed.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:20 am Our county school board has started pushing an equity agenda. In this case, aiming for equity of outcome. I don't understand how many rational person thinks that is even close to possible
The only way to make this possible is to handicap the smarter kids, which is something schools seem willing to do happily.

We desperately need a culling in this country.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:43 am I said almost the exact thing to my girlfriend (with the transgender son) this weekend. She disagreed.
Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:50 am We desperately need a culling in this country.
See?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:50 am
TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:20 am Our county school board has started pushing an equity agenda. In this case, aiming for equity of outcome. I don't understand how many rational person thinks that is even close to possible
The only way to make this possible is to handicap the smarter kids, which is something schools seem willing to do happily.

We desperately need a culling in this country.
Harrison Bergeron
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

In related news, organic chemistry prof was fired because class was too hard (his claim)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/10/20/ ... whos-next/

I took organic in college. I got a B, it was the hardest B ever
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

Speaking of great teachers, this guy was arrested at school, with children in attendance. Including my son. Because local police thought that was the best time and place to force the confrontation.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/cr ... a0ed2ba631
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:07 pm with children in attendance. Including my son
Hopefully while not being molested.
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

When asked, he answered, "a gentleman never tells."
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:37 pm Harrison Bergeron
Lots of books have warned us about the path we're on, but people don't read anymore.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:38 pm I got a B, it was the hardest B ever
I'm suddenly very happy it was a B and not a D...
GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:07 pm Speaking of great teachers, this guy was arrested at school, with children in attendance. Including my son. Because local police thought that was the best time and place to force the confrontation.
Were guns drawn or did they just walk in and arrest him?

I would have waited, but maybe they had credible information that he was molesting someone again that day if they did not act? Was your kid disappointed his afternoon date got cancelled?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:27 pm When asked, he answered, "a gentleman never tells."
hah!
Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:46 pm I'm suddenly very happy it was a B and not a D...
Unlike yall, never taken a hard D.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:34 pm Unlike yall, never taken a hard D.
So your lovers were so turned off by your appearance they couldn't even get hard? They just fucked you with soft Ds?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:59 pm
So your lovers were so turned off by your appearance they couldn't even get hard? They just fucked you with soft Ds?
Like OSU, no D.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:03 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:59 pm
Like OSU, no D.
Your jokes need updating.

*cough*
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:08 pm Your jokes need updating.

*cough*
FINE.

Like UNC, No D.

Although, easy to look good against the creampuffs OSU schedules.
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:46 pm GORDON wrote: ↑Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:07 pm
Speaking of great teachers, this guy was arrested at school, with children in attendance. Including my son. Because local police thought that was the best time and place to force the confrontation.
Were guns drawn or did they just walk in and arrest him?
My understanding is they showed up and had every exit covered, then someone went in and told him to come out quietly. Fortunately, he did. I can see that going a whole different direction, easily. WHich is why I think it was a really fucking stupid decision. They know where the guy lives. They know when the kids leave school.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:16 pm WHich is why I think it was a really fucking stupid decision. They know where the guy lives. They know when the kids leave school.
Right? Seems easy to avoid the kids.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

I don't think the people in charge give two shit about kids these days.
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

#1 priority for a public school board is making money. Getting good grades/state test scores helps big picture, but like shareholders of a corporation, "selling a good product" is secondary to making a profit. They get that with local tax revenue, and "asses in seats" that gets them X amount of state/federal money per ass. They lose money kicking out bullies and kids who don't want to be there. An occasional suicide because of bullies is a small price to pay, for them.

Education is secondary, at best. They don't mind teaching kids well, but it isn't the primary focus.

This is why I've spent more than I can afford getting my kid a private school education, where they are rated by "what percentage in the high-90s of their graduates get a college education."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Our youngest (who is at a private school) had her first parent-teacher conference. The teacher is also new to the private school, having been a public school teacher in the past.

Him: I have a lot more time to teach here since I don't have to spend so much time on kids who "aren't loved enough at home"
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

Yeah. It was kind of a culture shock when each teacher had the time to write 1-3 paragraphs about how my kid is dong in their class, instead of, "Is a pleasure to have in class" on the grade card.

Private school teachers are typically way underpaid, compared to unionized public school ones. That's a damned shame.