Education

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:28 pm It was quite a shock years ago when I learned how much personal money teachers spend on their classrooms, and how many fund raisers are constantly being held for school and school related functions.

This country is completely broken.
Yeah, each year we fill the teacher lists for our kids' teachers, a few other local teachers, and then find them on the internet as well to buy. And the list is just so much longer.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

This is a public school in Las Vegas. This is where our society has progressed. Teachers who can't physically intervene. Students who stand by idly and watch. We need common sense and logic to run the country, not emotions.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

JFC, just end that girl's life.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:44 pm JFC, just end that girl's life.
That video was one of the toughest things I've ever watched. I cannot believe nobody intervened.

We're heading towards a teacher shortage.

The funny part is, we're already there. Schools in this area are having a very difficult time finding subs.

Weird that people don't want to be teachers. I mean, what's not to love?
-Summers off!
-Union job!
-Extremely difficult to take vacations or be out sick!
-Low pay!
-Occasional shootings!
-Students that are entitled and empowered to act like douches!
-Pay for classroom supplies with your own money!
-Loads of after school activities and functions you must attend!
-Overcrowded classrooms!
-Shitty, out dated technology!
-Zero support from administration!
-Parents who are uninvolved and don't care about their kids!
-Parents who are uninvolved, but blame you for their kid failing!
And so on.
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:03 pm -Zero support from administration!
I still believe their primary goal isn't to educate kids, it's to secure state funding.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:03 pm-Union job!
Not where Thib + live.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:06 pm I still believe their primary goal isn't to educate kids, it's to secure state funding.
Agree. Oh, and pad their own pockets while pretending they have power.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:16 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:03 pm-Union job!
Not where Thib + live.
Pretty sure it is for the rest of the country.

Also, how fucking sad is it that this is the one point you had a counter for? Our country sucks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:54 pm Pretty sure it is for the rest of the country.

Also, how fucking sad is it that this is the one point you had a counter for? Our country sucks.
Yeah, I used to think I might want to be a teacher post-retirement. Fuck that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

A WV school did something extremely wrong and illegal regarding religion.

Dear extreme left and right,

Please stay the fuck out of schools. They're kids. Let them make their own choices. If your stuff is so "awesome" they'll find you later. In the meantime, why don't you go stick a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger?

Sincerely,
Fans of Charles Darwin
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

Middle schoolers attack a coach because he told them to stop breaking rules.

Who knew raising kids to be entitled cunts thinking the world is theirs and they could do anything they want would go wrong?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

We pulled a Gordon and shipped our youngest kid to a private school for next year (middle school), and the rest of her school career if it works out.

Years ago we moved here, and the schools were all traditional calendar. Of course, they fucked us eventually, and our oldest switched to a year round schedule for 7th grade, which was also the pandemic year. The next year the kids stayed virtual, so they were on the same calendar. This year is the last year of same calendar before our youngest would go to year round (6th through 8th grades).

So, between that and many other issues with the local school system, we opted out. It's not cheap, so I guess I'm not retiring any time soon, but I really think it's a much better fit for our youngest than the middle school. Our oldest decided she didn't want to apply and likes her high school, so she's staying public.
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

How bougie.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

Teachers are quitting in droves.

We went from "every woman I know is in education" to "we can't find teachers" pretty quickly.

I'm sure cunty, checked out parents have nothing to do with this trend. Nor does the federal government getting way too involved with curriculum and pushing garbage like Common Core. Nor does the complete lack of funding and how most schools have to hold fund raisers to make ends almost meet and many teachers have to use their own money to buy supplies for their classrooms. That last part not being a problem because teachers make so much money!! (If you're really stupid, that last sentence was sarcasm.)

Our local high school has lost around 31 teachers since the end of the last school year. Why? The schools are old and outdated, sure. however, the real reason is the new principal that is apparently a complete jackass that people despise. The school board made a genius decision to hire him as he was chased out of his last district as scandals swirled around him of having sexual relations with students. He's been here a year now and are you wondering if there are any rumors of the same scandals going on here? They sure as fuck are!

Meanwhile, US test scores are plummeting.

Neither party has a fucking clue how to fix any of this shit. The only thing they know how to do is deflect blame and fill their pockets.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

We opted our youngest out of public school. We even live in a good part of a good district. But the schools are just... sad. Administration is broken. It's terrible.
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

Teacher in a high school in San Diego:

Meanwhile, gay dude gives a great speech at a Miami school board meeting:
Leisher
Site Admin

Education

Post by Leisher »

Test scores plummet and Covid gets the blame.

Oddly, no blame for anyone that shut down schools, forced unvaxed teachers and kids to stay out, or anything like that.

Also, I'm sure the daily examples of teachers/school boards who have prioritized woke education over actual education hasn't played a role in this... :roll:
GORDON
Site Admin

Education

Post by GORDON »

My kid was asked the other day to write an essay about the first time he realized he was white.

The week before, he was told to write an essay about the first time he realized he was male.

I learned yesterday this is a nationwide thing that PBS was promoting.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

When I saw my pp, and when the neighbor girl didn't have a pp.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Education

Post by TheCatt »

Our county school board has started pushing an equity agenda. In this case, aiming for equity of outcome. I don't understand how many rational person thinks that is even close to possible