Unpopular opinions

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

Well, I shared a pretty unpopular opinion.

Here's another: I think a huge chunk of Americans could use a mandatory, armed life coach to help them get their shit together, and eventually they'd be glad they had it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Unpopular opinions

Post by Cakedaddy »

Here's my unpopular opinion:

Gordon is a great guy!
Cakedaddy

Unpopular opinions

Post by Cakedaddy »

Using the slow motion feature on cell phone cameras is stupid.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Using the slow motion feature on cell phone cameras is stupid.
Some things cry out for slow motion.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Unpopular opinions

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote:
Cakedaddy wrote: Using the slow motion feature on cell phone cameras is stupid.
Some things cry out for slow motion.
99% of the time, it didn't.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

Freedom and liberty are bad for most people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

On the road, truckers are the enemy. They should be limited to certain non-busy hours. Penalties for breaking the "no trucks in the left lane" zones should be severe and quick.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: On the road, truckers are the enemy. They should be limited to certain non-busy hours.
I'm going to disagree since so many goods we buy are shipped by truckers. But I wouldn't mind them stuck in the right lane(s).

Also, people who text + drive and delay traffic should be killed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

People who cause traffic jams due to negligence need to be forced to compensate every single person they delayed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

We need to bring back hand amputations for thieves, and public stocks for those who need some public humiliation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by TheCatt »

Punishment should be greater than the crime.
Cakedaddy

Unpopular opinions

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: On the road, truckers are the enemy. They should be limited to certain non-busy hours.
I'm going to disagree since so many goods we buy are shipped by truckers. But I wouldn't mind them stuck in the right lane(s).

Also, people who text + drive and delay traffic should be killed.
Second the disagreement. I'm annoyed by other passenger vehicles FAR more than trucks. And the trucks are performing a service and they need to be able to do their thing. Sure, there's the occasional truck that can't seem to pass the other truck and it's blocking traffic for a bit. But I don't think truckers forget what lane they are in while they take a call and slow down. Or just don't understand the highway and live in the left lane going slow. Trucks know, and follow the rules. They just have a hard time passing someone sometimes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

We need to go back to shaming fat people.

We're the fattest nation on Earth. It's the #1 killer. Yet, we run ad/political campaigns about smoking, guns, etc. which don't kill anywhere near the same number of people.

Nope, instead we tell people that they should be proud of their body, no matter the shape. They should flaunt what they've got, and something's wrong with others if they don't see the beauty and aren't attracted to it.

Obesity isn't beautiful. It's a medical condition.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: We need to go back to shaming fat people.
Agree, for the most part.
Leisher wrote: Obesity isn't beautiful. It's a medical condition.
Yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

I;m kind of tired of hearing, "Poor people don't have good food options/food education, so they get fat."
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Agree, for the most part.
I don't think we should be dicks about it, but I definitely think the coddling and empowering needs to end.
GORDON wrote: I;m kind of tired of hearing, "Poor people don't have good food options/food education, so they get fat."
I'm sick of that too. Fast food restaurants have salads and wraps. Get the unsweetened tea instead of the sweet tea.

I do understand that it's much harder to prepare a healthy meal than it is to drive thru McD's and grab dinner. That I 100% get, and it has to be done from time to time. However, if you do that, you need to offset it with healthy, home made meals all the rest of the time.

Fast food should be a treat for a kid, not a regular option.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

Every single poor person in America has a smart phone. They are capable of googling "how to eat healthy."

Ignorance is no longer an excuse, everyone has access to the largest accumulation of information in human history. They just don't GAF, and if they don't, I don't.

My kid gets fruits and vegetables every day, almost every meal, and I'm probably poor compared to the rest of you. And that's fine, I'm good with where I am. But I don't use that as an excuse for being a broke-brained dumbfuck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by TheCatt »

Admittedly carby, starchy, sugary crap is easy/cheap to get. Meat + veggies aren't cheap. Especially veggies on a per calorie basis.
GORDON
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by GORDON »

I think the standard answer is "A big bag of rice, and another of beans, is very economically viable." There's that graphic liberals throw out, "Fox news says people aren't poor if they have refrigerators!" Well, I'd go a little farther, and suggest they all have stoves, too.

Point being, cheap protein is possible.

Also Costco was just selling massive pork loins for $2 per pound. That's an amazing price for high quality protein.

People aren't fat and unhealthy because they're unlucky or oppressed, is all I'm saying.
Leisher
Site Admin

Unpopular opinions

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: People aren't fat and unhealthy because they're unlucky or oppressed, is all I'm saying.
Agreed.

Lazy? Yes. Busy? Yes. However, nobody is oppressed into eating Burger King.