Electric Car Thread

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

That, I do not know. I've never dabbled in power walls, yet.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

The U.S. isn't the only country whose government is corrupt, bloated, and incompetent. Gordo is going to really feel it when the Victorian government shows up in this video.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

Yep. Grubby tax grab, pretending that passenger cars damage roads.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

Last I saw, the EV subreddits were trying to figure out if it was legit, because no one there ever experienced prices that ridiculous.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:17 pm Last I saw, the EV subreddits were trying to figure out if it was legit, because no one there ever experienced prices that ridiculous.
the article says it was confirmed directly by the dealership
Cakedaddy

Electric Car Thread

Post by Cakedaddy »

I didn't read the article. Any chance it's just price gouging because the car market is so fucked? People are paying 30k for used cars that are worth 10k anyways. Exaggeration, but you know what I'm getting at. "Mark it way up because it's not like they have alternatives that are not also marked way up."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:32 pm I didn't read the article. Any chance it's just price gouging because the car market is so fucked? People are paying 30k for used cars that are worth 10k anyways. Exaggeration, but you know what I'm getting at. "Mark it way up because it's not like they have alternatives that are not also marked way up."
Basically, they don't have spare batteries for stuff made 12 years ago that was discontinued.
Cakedaddy

Electric Car Thread

Post by Cakedaddy »

Oh. They didn't think their cars would last 12+ years?! Yay electric vehicles. We should all be driving one. Very sound and solid tech right now.

They learned this from Apple didn't they. Non-user replaceable battery. Just buy a new updated device and throw away the old one.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:19 pm
GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:17 pm Last I saw, the EV subreddits were trying to figure out if it was legit, because no one there ever experienced prices that ridiculous.
If a reporter verified it as true, there's like an 85% chance it's fake.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:04 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:19 pm
jfc
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:08 pm
GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:04 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:19 pm the article says it was confirmed directly by the dealership
jfc
He's insane. Reporters are 50% accurate. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

Yeah early adopters always have inconveniences like that. Within a couple years when there are chargers in literally every commercial establishment, that won't happen much.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

The car blowing up is secondary to how the universe was straight up hunting that one dude.
GORDON
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by GORDON »

I think something in the trunk blew up. Battery is on bottom usually.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:00 am I think something in the trunk blew up. Battery is on bottom usually.
Who cares? Can we talk about how that guy just lived a scene from Final Destination!? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:00 am I think something in the trunk blew up. Battery is on bottom usually.
This isn't an electric car. It's Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), and the CNG tank blew up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Electric Car Thread

Post by Leisher »

It is now my goal to hurt you both via a ricochet.