USPS Informed Delivery

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS

Post by TheCatt »

The postmaster general said the U.S. Postal Service is suspending operational changes, like removing mail processing equipment and collection boxes, until after the election as the agency tries to reassure Americans that it can handle the anticipated surge in mail-in voting.
People spoke, government listened. Imagine that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: People spoke, government listened. Imagine that.
There's a first time for everything!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by GORDON »

I suspect the big conspiracy was all horseshit to begin with.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I suspect the big conspiracy was all horseshit to begin with.
USPS: We're going to do these things to save money and slowdown processing.
People: NO!
USPS: Ok, we won't.
Gordon: See, all lies.
GORDON
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by GORDON »

What you just said wasn't a conspiracy, it was a sane and reasonable explanation. I've been scoffing at the "trump is slowing down election mail!" Since day 1.

So again, I've always suspected the conspiracy theory was horseshit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: What you just said wasn't a conspiracy, it was a sane and reasonable explanation. I've been scoffing at the "trump is slowing down election mail!" Since day 1.

So again, I've always suspected the conspiracy theory was horseshit.
Meh, not an argument worth having. Trump can't plan shit, she by default he cannot plan a conspiracy. Everything just gets wrecked because he's an idiot.
GORDON
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by GORDON »

Unk admitted the other day, paraphrasing, his mental health was being impacted by goddam trump fucking with the mail to rig the election.

The lies hurt people. It is ridiculous to think that particular one is true, it is ridiculous to think most of them I hear are true, but people are inundated.
TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Unk admitted the other day, paraphrasing, his mental health was being impacted by goddam trump fucking with the mail to rig the election.
That seems excessive.
GORDON
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by GORDON »

Basically, on top of everything else.

That side of my family went insane in 2016. Quite literally. Shit blew up.
GORDON
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by GORDON »

I told Unk to walk away from the "fresh horror device." I doubt he'll listen, no one ever does.
Leisher
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: What you just said wasn't a conspiracy, it was a sane and reasonable explanation. I've been scoffing at the "trump is slowing down election mail!" Since day 1.
Basically this.

When the MSM says every single thing the guy does is the WORST THING EVAR and an attack on everything we hold dear, it will obviously affect the mental sanity of people who buy into it. It then bleeds into the mental sanity of the people they associate with on FB, in real life, and so on.

Trump is an unmitigated disaster, but the American people don't need the MSM making things worse with their bullshit hyperbole. Yet that's what we're getting. Meanwhile, we all know how the next four years are going to be GLOWING reports of unity and fucking rainbows if Biden wins.

Remember how harshly the MSM went after Obama when it was proven the IRS was directed to target conservatives? It wasn't as harsh as they've gone after Trump for this mail stuff.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Remember how harshly the MSM went after Obama when it was proven the IRS was directed to target conservatives?
I remember it as unending, for years. Literally. 2013 through 2017 Since the USPS thing just started a month ago, it has years left to go.

Of course, no one reported on the liberal targets, ever, in my memory.
In late September 2017, an exhaustive report by the Treasury Department's Inspector General found that from 2004 to 2013, the IRS used both conservative and liberal keywords to choose targets for further scrutiny
TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Now wouldn't be the time to order chicks by mail.
They dead
At least 4,800 chicks shipped to Maine farmers through the U.S. Postal Service have arrived dead in the recent weeks since rapid cuts hit the federal mail carrier’s operations, U.S. Rep. Chellie Pingree said.

Pingree, a Maine Democrat, is raising the issue of the dead chicks and the losses farms are facing in a letter to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and U.S. Department of Agriculture Commissioner Sonny Perdue, The Portland Press Herald reported Wednesday.
I wonder how many normally die.
TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I'm sending a package out USPS 2 day... we'll see. eBay warned against using USPS, but I'm cheap.
In two days, my package made it to.... Raleigh.

Estimated arrival: Saturday.
GORDON
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by GORDON »

I ordered mail chicks once. 6. They only ship on Mondays so they don't end up sitting in a processing center over the weekend when everyone is off work. So mine shipped from southern Ohio, 2-day mail. The theory is they can last 3 days.

I watched the package sit in a processing center in Cleveland for 2 days... pissed me off.

My local small-town post office, however, knows us all. I told them I was receiving chicks and they said they'd call me when the truck pulled in at 6am and they heard cheeps in a box, and I could pick them up ASAP before the post office officially opened. They did, and all 6 of mine survived the 2+ days. Lucky.
GORDON
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Just had a USPS passage ship from NC this morning, about 30 pounds. Scheduled for delivery Friday.

And now the waiting game begins.
Just notified it's waiting for me at the post office. Day early.

edit - I've said it before, I'll say it again: it must absolutely suck to live in a high-population-density city.
Troy

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:
GORDON wrote: Just had a USPS passage ship from NC this morning, about 30 pounds. Scheduled for delivery Friday.

And now the waiting game begins.
Just notified it's waiting for me at the post office. Day early.

edit - I've said it before, I'll say it again: it must absolutely suck to live in a high-population-density city.
I vacation in rural for peace and scenery.

I live in urban for culture and opportunity.
TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by TheCatt »

USPS testing
Reporters in a dozen cities mailed 155 letters on a single Friday in mid-August to measure the Postal Service’s on-time performance. Though half the letters reached their destinations within two business days, two weeks later a couple have yet to arrive.

The slowdown in mail service has big implications for the November presidential election when a record number of voters are expected to cast mail ballots.

The unscientific test underscores complaints about the Postal Service’s performance, complaints that were highlighted in recent congressional hearings.

We mailed 155 letters from a dozen cities nationwide on Aug. 14, sending about a third within the same region, another third in the same state and the remaining third to a different state.

The USPS said that in the three months that ended on June 30, 93 percent of local first-class mail arrived within two days. In our test, by comparison, 75 percent of local letters arrived within two days, and 90 percent arrived within three days.

The USPS said that 82.5 percent of mail traveling longer distances arrived within 3 to 5 days. In our test, 75 percent of interstate mail arrived within 3 days and 90 percent arrived within four days.

However, two of the 155 letters in our test, 1.3 percent, failed to arrive after a 12 business days.
TheCatt
Site Admin

USPS Informed Delivery

Post by TheCatt »

I had some bloodwork sent via USPS a month ago. It got lost.