Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

YAY!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by thibodeaux »

Dammit I was planning to sell in a couple of years.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Tesla cutting 10% of workforce
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Here's a good example of what's driving Natural Gas prices in the US (which have been at 14 year record prices lately, after 12 years of extremely low prices)

LNG plants

LNG (Liquefied natural gas) is how you transport NG from America to other countries by boat. The price of NG dropped 15% to $7.36 on news that this plant (which processes 17% of US exports) would be closed until late 2022.

It's not Biden causing this inflation. It's Russia (or, Europe). Europe's NG demand is due to trying to sever itself from Russia.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

It's always the guy in charge who takes the blame.

"Remember when that volcano erupted and killed half of Colorado when Biden was in charge?"
"Yeah that shit would never happen under Trump."

That being said, Biden absolutely has some responsibility for what's going on. How much is up to each person, but he is the guy in charge. He did ban new oil drilling and a pipeline or two. He hired people to run the country based on their preferred letter and their demographic as being higher priorities than experience and skill. (Not in all positions, but in some. For example, he very clearly stated being a black woman were the two most important criteria to be his VP and his newly nominated SCOTUS justice.) Additionally, the whole Russia-Ukraine thing took place under his watch and he had time to stop it. He didn't and here we are.

Is it fair to blame him for everything inflation and gas prices? Fuck no. Is he blameless? Fuck no.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Trump sucking Putin's dick, as every liberal will say is exactly what happened, kept Putin from invading Ukraine, throwing the world into turmoil. That was their deal.

Prove me wrong.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Also worth pointing out is that his administration happens to be in charge when more evidence of the Saudi's involvement in 9/11 is revealed AND a lot of the American public has turned strongly against them for LIV and the Khagoshi murder. Why would the Saudis increase production to help out the U.S. and Biden, particularly right this moment?

And yes Gordo, people will spin things anyway they can to suit their belief system.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

I'm telling you.... Trump had his major problems, but an argument can be made that after you strip away partisan propaganda, Trump looks like the greatest keeper of world peace since Reagan.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Mortgages are expensive. Hopefully home prices moderate.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Caterpillar leaves IL for state that cannot spell
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Damn. The logo was right there, too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:05 pm Trump looks like the greatest keeper of world peace since Reagan.
Yeah, that's a no from me dawg.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Because?

He's the only President since then who hasn't started, or escalated, a war. He initiated the plan for ending Afghanistan. He went personally to chill out North Korea. He was literally attacked by Iran, and didn't retaliate, which arguably he would have been justified in doing.

And again, there's evidence he delayed Putin from starting WW3 as long as he was in office.

Even Godlike Obama was regularly sucked off by drones, after bombing weddings.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

1. Sometimes people need to die in the name of world peace.
2. Your North Korea and Iran points are rock solid and he really doesn't get any credit for either. "When you cannot admit a rival's victories, your criticisms lose all credibility." - Me, 2022
3. I need to know more about the real dealings between him and Putin before I concede he was a peacemaker. He used the military several times in his first 100 days. Thankfully, he didn't use them on his last day... :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

I really wonder if Putin would have made his move if Trump won a second term. Biden sure as hell hasn't been a hindrance.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, his former boss didn't do shit when Putin invaded Crimea.

"I learned from watching you, ok!?"
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:36 pm It's not Biden causing this inflation.
You know the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA)? Well, hidden in its details is a reinstatement and expansion of a Superfund excise tax on chemicals that expired in 1995.

You know what chemical is on that list? Sulfuric Acid. A chemical whose price is already skyrocketing way, way past historic levels and is the most used chemical in some industry called Agriculture. I'm sure nobody here has ever heard of it. Meaningless really. As if people need food.

All the other chemicals basically represent everything else you use or consume on a daily basis.

I still don't put all the blame at him or his administration's feet, but again, they certainly are not blameless.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

10-yr bonds peaked at 3.5% earlier this week, now down to 3.2% (good news for mortgages), as people now think the Fed will be relatively successful in taming inflation. Possibly at the expense of economic growth, though.