Bad Economic Predictions

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, this is COMPLETELY fucked up. If they had said "We won't let you trade this on margin" Fine, I get it, protect against that. But NO buying whatsoever? Completely fucked.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

My wife gets a lot of news from tiktok and she sent me a video of a guy explaining that while U.S. buyers have been locked out, international redditers are now buying the stocks.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Stranger »

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/

The Reddit page everyone is talking about. I wonder how long it will be before some billionaire gets this page taken down?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Hell freezes over
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Watching "TheStockGuy" and he says jumping in now would be like trying to catch a falling knife. He also says a lot of people who had been jumping in are now losing their asses?
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

WeBull opened those stocks momentarily, but then some other big player essentially threw water on all that.

I have no fucking idea what's going on, I just know average citizens are getting fucked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:41 pm Watching "TheStockGuy" and he says jumping in now would be like trying to catch a falling knife. He also says a lot of people who had been jumping in are now losing their asses?
Well, here's the chart today.

As you can see, it's been as high as 480 today, and as low as 110. Just today. There's no basis in reality for these numbers, it's just people throwing money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Jesus...
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Ah, billionaires, so out of touch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Gamestop (finally) clarifies what they did. Which makes it sound more reasonable.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Thank goodness! I was worried lawyers wouldn't be able to profit off of this situation...

TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder if they even have a case, really.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:22 pm I wonder if they even have a case, really.
That never stops a lawsuit from being filed.

If they can prove collusion between Robinhood and...the hedge fund folks whose company name starts with C and who represent 40% of Robinhood's revenue...then it'll be slam dunk.

I'm curious why WeBull, TD Ameritrade, and others aren't listed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Es2qQn0U4AM ... ame=medium

Saw this in relation to these events. Sure, but do the fish really stand a chance against the shark?

When all is said and done, I'd love to see the number of investors who made money versus those who didn't.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:58 pm https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Es2qQn0U4AM ... ame=medium

Saw this in relation to these events. Sure, but do the fish really stand a chance against the shark?

When all is said and done, I'd love to see the number of investors who made money versus those who didn't.
No, and at the end of the day, there's more than 1 shark. I have no doubt sharks are attacking those other sharks.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Congress enters the fray.

They claim they're coming to help the average Joe. Who wants to bet when all is said and done, Joe is going to get the shaft here.

How about making it illegal to sell things you don't own?!?
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Seems like it's probably worth it for the trading houses to get hit with multi-million dollar fines as long as they got to save their billion dollar hedge funds.

"Was that wrong? Should we have not done that?"

And I'm sure that by announcing hearings, congressmen put out the signs that they were open to donations to their reelection coffers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Google helps Robinhood.