Bad Economic Predictions

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:17 pm Money buys happiness
Duh. I've always hated that phrase. Technically, it's correct as even rich people are miserable. However, it's a lot easier to be happy when you're not worried about bills, a 9 to 5 job, where your next meal is coming from, you have beautiful women/men wanting to sleep with you, you can afford to do anything, you can go to ________ on a whim, and so on.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Doge is up to .058 and Elon is still pushing it.

I'm up $30 and trying to figure out which island I'll buy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:40 pm Doge is up to .058 and Elon is still pushing it.

I'm up $30 and trying to figure out which island I'll buy.
Elon is just trying to make the SEC mad.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

I'm not even checking it anymore. Let it climb, let it fall, I don't care. I'm just enjoying the ride.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Kevin O'Leary thinks the government should stop giving out free money.

He's probably right, but I will spend it if I get it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:17 pm Kevin O'Leary thinks the government should stop giving out free money.

He's probably right, but I will spend it if I get it.
I agree it should be more targeted than "everyone under $x"
Cakedaddy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Cakedaddy »

Pretty much every free money program by the government is severely broken and riddled with fraud. This is just another.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Doge is up to $.079!!! I'm up $100.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:47 pm Doge is up to $.079!!! I'm up $100.
Clearly a sign we should stop giving free money to everyone.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

$1,400 PER PERSON? Holy fuck. I thought it was per family.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

And if I'm following this all correctly, the $3k per kid would be a separate check.

That's a LOT of cocaine and hookers!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Now I'm feeling like Cake :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Costco raises their minimum wage to $16/hour.

That's a pretty big fuck you to everyone else, especially considering Biden's proposed minimum wage increase is now being fought by members of his own party.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

If there's an argument that there's "too much" money in the markets, this + crypto are it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Eviction moratorium loses in court.

A judge Trump appointed ruled it unconstitutional and it was a Trump policy that Biden extended.

Senate Parliamentarian rules minimum wage increase has to come out of covid bill.

Another loss for Biden as he knows a standalone bill won't get through the Senate, but a win for the covid bill as Rs and Ds against the minimum wage can now vote for covid relief.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

I already use as many restaurants apps as I can. Eliminates the error with placing an order with a human.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."