Bad Economic Predictions

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Money does buy happiness: Duh.

Also, the $75k number had many caveats to it that this poster (and article) simply ignored.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:57 am
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:34 am Burr does not, from what I've been reading.
Burr should have faced the death penalty, or at least forever in jail.
Burr was guilty
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

I'm confused by your context there. Was there questions about Burr trading stocks? Was he a big proponent of allowing it? Is CNBC only attacking him because of his R? (I mean, the entire world knows about the Pelosis, so how many articles does CNBC have on her?)

Anyway, Burr, Pelosi, and any other Congressperson trading stocks based on their obvious insider information is complete bullshit. These hypocritical cunts threw Martha Stewart in jail for insider trading, but refuse to deny themselves the ability to do the same thing.

They're there to serve the American people, yet they all leave millionaires despite only being paid $175K/year or whatever it is now.

P.S. Meanwhile, the people who actually protect the country live in poverty and Congress has no issue denying them pay raises in the same years they give themselves one.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

yeah but republicans!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:00 am Anyway, Burr, Pelosi, and any other Congressperson trading stocks based on their obvious insider information is complete bullshit.
The, the other pieces were just leftover from the same post, edited.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

So we all agree, fuck Congress and their corrupt, self-serving ways.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:03 am So we all agree, fuck Congress and their corrupt, self-serving ways.
Yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

But don't forget, voting matters. You totally have a voice. You're bad and hate women if you don't live and breathe politics.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:35 am But don't forget, voting matters. You totally have a voice. You're bad and hate women if you don't live and breathe politics.
Sounds like some white male privilege.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Job market hot, but lots of sectors slowing down. It's a weird world.
thibodeaux

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by thibodeaux »

My company just announced layoffs, and I've seen lots of other (big tech) companies do the same. Surely things are about to get interesting.
Cakedaddy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Cakedaddy »

Finally, I'll be able to hire someone. And I WILL be low balling them in retaliation for all the entitled demands they've been making. I knew this day would come. . .

Just kidding about the low balling. But I want to. The RIDICULOUS interviews I've had over the last two years have been ridiculous.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:43 pm The RIDICULOUS interviews I've had over the last two years have been ridiculous.
Is there a counter-part to /r/antiwork where you could post them? :)
Cakedaddy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, it would be an overlap. I would post it as a really dumb way to try to get a job and they would post it as me being an unreasonable antiquated employer.

My top two:

ME: Hi. I'm calling about a job listing you responded to. Wondering if you have a minute to discuss the position?
HIM: Ya. I have a minute. (with a tone of 'literately 'You have one minute'.)
ME: Ok. I will need more than 1 minute, so is there a better time for this call?
HIM: Well, I have more than a minute. We can talk now. (sounding a little like he might have come off as an asshole).
I describe the position, etc.
He went on to let me know that he's only got about one year of experience, but he would need to be paid what our industry pays people with 7+ years of experience.
He was not employed at the time. But wouldn't work for anything less than that because he had a short term contract gig that did pay him that much.
His tone through the whole interview was pretty much "I know you're desperate, so I don't really have to try because I don't think you have any other choices"

The second was a woman who had decent experience and sounded knowledgeable. Also unemployed, but had just accepted another position. But if I was paying more, she'd come work with us. Also demanded a bit more money than she was worth, but not way more. When I didn't balk at that, she continued the demands. The last was that I'd also have to hire her daughter, who was brand new in the field, but would have to be paid the amount a 3 year tech would make. Also, they shared one vehicle, so they would always have to be scheduled together at the same job.

There's a lot of "Your generation was suckered into working hard to succeed. My generation doesn't buy into that and your just going to have to accept that."

I really wish they would just issue SS# to all the 'illegals' so we can put them on the payroll. They want to work. We can issue them drivers licenses, medical cards, and voter registration cards. Why not SS#?
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Start carrying cash.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:34 am I've seen lots of other (big tech) companies do the same.
Yep, and when FB and Google's left wing CEOs suggested they had far too many workers and layoffs would be coming, nobody said shit. Elon came out today and said he's probably going to lay off 75% of Twitter's workforce and he's being ripped as a "job destroyer".

Last time I checked Twitter was barely making money, ads are scarce, the only new technological advancement that's been made in years is the edit button, and their moderators seem to only be censoring right wing hate speech while leaving right wing hate speech and calls for violence up.

So, why keep those people employed if the goal is to make Twitter more successful, profitable, and safer for free speech?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:09 pm Elon came out today and said he's probably going to lay off 75% of Twitter's workforce and he's being ripped as a "job destroyer".
75% versus 1-5% is pretty different.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:42 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:09 pm Elon came out today and said he's probably going to lay off 75% of Twitter's workforce and he's being ripped as a "job destroyer".
75% versus 1-5% is pretty different.
Like I said, what have you seen out of Twitter employees that has proven they do anything worth a salary?
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

I'm assuming he's going to do a favor to the employees who started the petition against him, and let them find new jobs, first.