Bad Economic Predictions

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:49 pm Why people are turning down jobs.
Go ahead and make minimum wage $12/hour.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

And eliminate the student loan programs, and health "insurance" middle-man companies making billions in profit every year. That would be a good tart for fixing things. And it'll never happen.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

-Minimum wage needs to get to a level where people can live. (I'm still willing to hear arguments about how minimum wage jobs are for teens and they don't need that much. However, many adults work those jobs too and we want them making enough to survive without the government tit or crime. I think this is a whole other conversation within a conversation.)

-College needs to be taken down a lot of pegs, in terms of, its importance to "all" employees. Not only reducing it's false worth, but let's completely change the way it works.

-Tipping needs to be scaled WAY the fuck back. It's getting out of control, and online ordering systems asking for tips BEFORE any service has been performed is basically a threat.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:16 pm However, many adults work those jobs too and we want them making enough to survive without the government tit or crime
I'm willing to briefly overpay teens to fix this.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:33 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:16 pm However, many adults work those jobs too and we want them making enough to survive without the government tit or crime
I'm willing to briefly overpay teens to fix this.
I am too. I don't know what would be a proper long term solution, but until then, let's get people able to live and back to work.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:10 pm Experts predicting those additional child tax credits are going to backfire for some people.
Yeah, I did the math and realized we're going to have to give some $$ back because I had some deferred comp that came out this year, so I opted out. Which, was really annoying since you have to go through so many hoops to verify who you are.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Stop me if you've heard this before...

Coke is changing a formula.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:55 pm Stop me if you've heard this before...

Coke is changing a formula.
Umm....

No, stop me if you've heard this before.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

I hate CNN. They update the story so they post it as a new headline?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:19 pm I hate CNN. They update the story so they post it as a new headline?
Sure, blame your alzheimers on them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Did I tell you that Coke is changing their formula?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:32 pm Did I tell you that Coke is changing their formula?
What?!
thibodeaux

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by thibodeaux »

Bill Cosby strikes again!
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Our local Wendy's is now offering $22/hr starting wages.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:52 pm Our local Wendy's is now offering $22/hr starting wages.
Well, god damn.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Here's another weird one: Not sure if you guys know what boba is, but there's a massive bubble shortage.

Just drove by an EXTREMELY popular local eatery. Every night their parking lot is jammed with cars. Right now it is empty because they don't have the staff to work on Saturday nights.

The local 24 hour Tim Horton's has been closing at 7 p.m. and opening at 6 a.m. for the same reason.

A Chili's near my office just open for lunch again recently after being shut down for about a month. Why? No cooks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, we've been having hours issues as well around here. Limited service, cut hours, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Local bar says bottle cap shortage. Cans only.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

True?