Bad Economic Predictions

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:00 am Something I've noticed is that people get confused on how to line up based on which side of their car the gas tank is located.
In the ten minutes I was there, I saw two people have to turn around their cars after driving up to the wrong side.

In the defense of most people, it's not like lines are this long often, so it's new + confusing and there's no guides to help.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:09 am
Leisher wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:00 am Something I've noticed is that people get confused on how to line up based on which side of their car the gas tank is located.
In the ten minutes I was there, I saw two people have to turn around their cars after driving up to the wrong side.

In the defense of most people, it's not like lines are this long often, so it's new + confusing and there's no guides to help.
I like Costco. The lines are one-way, but the hoses are long enough that I can park my big F-150 on the other side, and I can still fill up. "Driver-side gas tanks" seem to be more popular, so the other side of the pump always has a shorter line. Peeps don't realize the hoses are long.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:47 am I like Costco. The lines are one-way, but the hoses are long enough that I can park my big F-150 on the other side, and I can still fill up. "Driver-side gas tanks" seem to be more popular, so the other side of the pump always has a shorter line. Peeps don't realize the hoses are long.
Costco knows how to handle large lines + people. Random gas station does not. The one-wayness is nice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Meme on the Nissan Leaf Reddit:

"Gas shortage you say?"

*Kermit sipping tea*
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:31 am Meme on the Nissan Leaf Reddit:

"Gas shortage you say?"

*Kermit sipping tea*
Hahah "Hi - I'm from the future and all your cars and their fossil engines are trash"

Just don't be like this guy who finally got caught doing illegal shit in his Tesla, got it taken away, and bought a new one to just be seen doing it again a day later.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ca ... a-n1266944

e: https://www.ktvu.com/news/back-seat-tes ... il-release
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

That guy is an absolute pile of shit. Fuck him.

It's all fun and games until your stunt ends up killing someone.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Community Health Systems, Inc. has sued 19K+ patients for unpaid medical bills since March 2020.

Other medical companies have been scaling back their efforts to collect on bills because of the pandemic closing the economy.

Some of us might be getting yet more free money soon?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:47 am Some of us might be getting yet more free money soon?
The enhanced portion of the credit will be available for single parents with annual incomes up to $75,000, heads of households earning $112,500 and joint filers making up to $150,000 a year.
Bah.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Rules requiring the unemployed to seek work to get unemployment coming back.

The article's title says, "States", which is true, but there's also this:
President Joe Biden on Monday ordered the Labor Department to “work with the remaining states, as health and safety conditions allow,” to put such requirements in place as the pandemic abates.
I'm in favor of this move. We should absolutely support folks between jobs, but not support folks who don't want to work. Notice that's different from "can't" work. Those folks get support via different programs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:35 pm Rules requiring the unemployed to seek work to get unemployment coming back.
Good.

The pandemic is over enough. 7 day avg deaths is 600 in the US as a whole. Which isn't great, but vaccines are out there, and more vaccines would drive #s lower (kids, stupid people, etc)
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:49 pm (kids, stupid people, etc)
People who got the J&J vaccine...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:54 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:49 pm (kids, stupid people, etc)
People who got the J&J vaccine...
I considered the J&J from a simplicity perspective, but then I decided I wanted something that worked.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Gas shortage finally abating. Half of stations in the town seem to have gas, lines are short or barely there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:48 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:27 am Isn't your pipeline. Just us east coasters.
The hoarding started yesterday. Today, I went to lunch, and every gas station I passed had lines into the streets.
Colonial Pipeline never had to shutdown, but the owner said their billing system was impacted.
In a statement published Saturday, it said the ransomware infected only its corporate IT network. Although the operational network that controls its pipelines and distributes fuel is separate from the corporate network and wasn’t infected, Colonial said it temporarily shut down the pipelines as a precaution to prevent the infection from spreading.
Troy

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Troy »

IANACSE (I AM NOT A CYBER SECURITY EXPERT) But that last sentence you quoted seems reasonable enough.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting. Score another one for the people who already have money.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Potential bad news for S&P.

Basically, adjusted for inflation, earnings on S&P stocks are negative. You may notice something about those red lines as well.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:46 pm You may notice something about those red lines as well.
They're horizontal? War? Political?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:56 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:46 pm You may notice something about those red lines as well.
They're horizontal? War? Political?
Recessions.