Bad Economic Predictions

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:46 pm
thibodeaux wrote: I'll leave aside the obvious Top Gun references. This is worrisome, yet given that we know it's coming, how do we profit from it? Or at least, not lose our shirts? Short the S&P?

Catt, wat do?
I addressed this beforehand.

The signal is distorted, so I'd be hesitant to read too much in to it this time around, at least as in regards to as a historical indicator. The main issue this time would be fear from a massive trade war, but the trade war is the signal, the yield would just be reacting.
thibodeaux wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:49 pm "This time is different?" Hm. Ok.
I'm going to say I was right since that was June 2018. Mar 2020 recession was purely pandemic related.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:01 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:46 pm
thibodeaux wrote: I'll leave aside the obvious Top Gun references. This is worrisome, yet given that we know it's coming, how do we profit from it? Or at least, not lose our shirts? Short the S&P?

Catt, wat do?
I addressed this beforehand.

The signal is distorted, so I'd be hesitant to read too much in to it this time around, at least as in regards to as a historical indicator. The main issue this time would be fear from a massive trade war, but the trade war is the signal, the yield would just be reacting.
thibodeaux wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:49 pm "This time is different?" Hm. Ok.
I'm going to say I was right since that was June 2018. Mar 2020 recession was purely pandemic related.
There are no coincidences!
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:46 am Expect $3/gallon for this summer.
GOD DAMMIT, BIDEN.

/s

I know he basically has nothing to do with this.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Dumbfuck parks in the wrong spot. :D

Seriously though, this is going to have a small negative impact as businesses and countries are trying to reopen.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:10 pm Dumbfuck parks in the wrong spot. :D

Seriously though, this is going to have a small negative impact as businesses and countries are trying to reopen.
I heard Troy's heading there now to loot it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

That automatic reddit embed is pretty sweet.

Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Truck driver shortage is going to cause gas shortages this summer.

The truck driver shortage is real. My company has felt negative effects from it.

"The world needs ditch diggers too." - Judge Smails

Turns out, not everyone can be a lawyer or doctor.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:45 pm Truck driver shortage is going to cause gas shortages this summer.
Time to hoard some gasoline
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Fuck them. Invest in robots.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by thibodeaux »

GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

Looks like we're prime for someone to invent a better method of shipping.

Or build another damned, port, geez. Can't be difficult.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:50 pm Or build another damned, port, geez. Can't be difficult.
Sounds like container ships are also a constraint, but yeah. Unfortunately, good luck building a port in CA, OR, or WA.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

They could try making stuff here... :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:19 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:50 pm Or build another damned, port, geez. Can't be difficult.
Sounds like container ships are also a constraint, but yeah. Unfortunately, good luck building a port in CA, OR, or WA.
I propose a floating port, with conveyors to bring the containers to land after they're offloaded at sea.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Pandora goes exclusively with lab created diamonds.

So...they shouldn't have any real value, right?
GORDON
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by GORDON »

I think it's DeBeers pulling them all out of ground, and stockpiling them to keep prices artificially high.

IIRC, lab grown diamonds are currently more pure, and less expensive that dirt diamonds.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by TheCatt »

Diamonds are garbage anyway.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by Leisher »

Not my diamond hands!
GORDON wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:03 pm I think it's DeBeers pulling them all out of ground, and stockpiling them to keep prices artificially high.

IIRC, lab grown diamonds are currently more pure, and less expensive that dirt diamonds.
I just wonder if we can still call them "precious gems" if they're easily made in a lab.
thibodeaux

Bad Economic Predictions

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:51 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:45 pm Truck driver shortage is going to cause gas shortages this summer.
Time to hoard some gasoline
Too late
The US government declared a state of emergency on Sunday after the largest fuel pipeline in the US was hit by a ransomware cyber-attack.

The Colonial Pipeline carries 2.5 million barrels a day - 45% of the East Coast's supply of diesel, gasoline and jet fuel.

It was completely knocked offline by a cyber-criminal gang on Friday and is still working to restore service.

The emergency status enables fuel to be transported by road.

Experts say fuel prices are likely to rise 2-3% on Monday, but the impact will be far worse if it goes on for much longer.