Sex Scandals

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sex Scandals

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Harvey Weinstein

Post by thibodeaux »

At least it was adult women and not...well. You know.
Vince

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Vince »

I'm mostly shocked that anyone is shocked.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Old.men using money and influence to coerce women is now so.forbidden that even democrats are.being crucified for it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

His wife is leaving him.

Lots of new accusers coming forward.

Listen, his behavior is completely unacceptable, BUT... I can't help but wonder how many of these accusers were willing participants. How many security guys at concerts got blown just to let some chicks backstage? I was in the military and we actually got official warnings about local girls trying to get knocked up by military guys so they could get out of their area. How many friends, family, posse members get laid all the time just because they hang out with a celebrity?

Point being, how many of Weinstein's accusers knew going into whatever situation with him that they'd bang or blow him if it meant getting a role?

We will never know because none would admit it. We just have to pretend that never happens because if you even mention it out loud you get accused of being a misogynist, an advocate of rape, victim blaming, and yada yada yada.

But for fun, go look at the article I linked. That's a beautiful woman he married. I'm SURE they would have still gotten married if he was Harvey Weinstein the plumber...
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

I absolutely understand the concept that using your power and money to coerce a woman to give you sexual favors is absolutely wrong. I am not victim blaming, at all.

That being said, I can't help but to see that so far every woman said she made a conscious, willing decision to participate, or not. She was not physically forced into anything. Every woman had choice, and agency.... a word the feminist like to throw around.

I have a hard time reconciling the same people saying both, "Women are strong and equal to men" at the same time they are saying, "Women are victims and incapable of making their own decisions." It doesn't make sense but god help you if you say it out loud.
thibodeaux

Harvey Weinstein

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: I was in the military and we actually got official warnings about local girls trying to get knocked up by military guys so they could get out of their area.
Bullshit you saw that in Officer and a Gentleman.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

It's a pretty common thing, everywhere. Off of Camp Lejeune it was the strippers wanting Marine husbands with all those bennies.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote:Bullshit you saw that in Officer and a Gentleman.
As Gordon also points out, it's very much legit.

Just don't go around publicly suggesting that some women intentionally get preggo to trap a man or you'll be called a misogynist.

In other news, Ben Affleck released a statement (That reads like every other statement condemning anyone of anything, so a lawyer wrote it.) condemning Weinstein. That prompted other people to fondly remember when he molested a woman on TV.

She now has become a player in this Weinstein drama and talks about how that moment made her want to cry. Ben has since apologized to her.

Sexual harassment towards women OR men is unacceptable, but one does look at the previously posted story about sex dolls becoming more popular than actual women at a European brothel and think, "Yep".

Twitter suspends Rose McGowan and it's somehow related.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Seth McFarland hasn't liked him for a long time, and has been one of the few to publicly mention it before this week.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/se ... bf36466ea1
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Amazon Studios boss joins Weinstein as an alleged harasser.

Rose McGowan also claiming she was raped. Interestingly, she claims to have told Amazon Studios' boss...
"@jeffbezos I told the head of your studio that HW raped me," she wrote, using Weinstein's initials. "Over & over I said it. He said it hadn't been proven. I said I was the proof."
I bolded the last part of that because I have a MAJOR problem with her statement. If she was raped, that's terrible and Weinstein should be punished. However, we can't start arresting people, prosecuting them, or even publicly shaming them based on one person's word.

Has anyone else started wondering about the major actresses that worked with Weinstein that haven't admitted he tried something with them, like Jennifer Lawrence? I can't help but wonder if they were also "in the know" or a victim themselves, but refuse to say anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Bill Burr touched on this topic during his latest "Thursday Afternoon Just Before Friday Monday Morning" podcast and I quote:
"So now they're going back into everybody's life. They're going back and saying 'Ah, you did this in 2000.' Here's my thing, all these guys are going to have to apologize for all the shit they did evidently back in the 90s or whatever. My question is, uh, when is the, when is it gonna even out? I would love to see some gold digging whores come out and apologize and be like, 'Yeah, hey. Sorry I took your house and had a couple of kids with you and said that I loved you when I really didn't. I shouldn't have done that. And then prevented you from seeing those kids that you had with me, that half look like me and you now know that I never really loved you. And ah, I'm sorry for that and banging the new guy in this house. That you bought. And now I'm also not gonna, you know, have my new boyfriend ever move in or marry me because then my payments from you and the alimony will stop. I want to apologize for that. My behavior was completely unacceptable."
Fucking hilarious, yet also sadly accurate about how married men are persecuted for straying, yet women are not persecuted for "trapping" men.
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Even The Orville is touching on that. The capn has basically accepted blame for his wife cheating.
thibodeaux

Harvey Weinstein

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote:
"@jeffbezos I told the head of your studio that HW raped me," she wrote, using Weinstein's initials. "Over & over I said it. He said it hadn't been proven. I said I was the proof."
I bolded the last part of that because I have a MAJOR problem with her statement. If she was raped, that's terrible and Weinstein should be punished. However, we can't start arresting people, prosecuting them, or even publicly shaming them based on one person's word.
Exactly. If somebody rapes you, you don't tell the head of some movie studio. You fucking tell the police!
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Exactly. If somebody rapes you, you don't tell the head of some movie studio. You fucking tell the police!
Or if in college the student counsel, apparently.

That being said, I've heard more and more stories about police not following up on rape reports, even with DNA evidence, because it always, always comes down to he said/she said.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

You know how the MPAA moved so quickly to eject Weinstein and it's only the second time in history they've booted someone? Either CBS or ABC's (I was flipping around) morning news show called them out on it and listed other notable members like Bill Cosby, and convicted pedophile, Roman Polanski.

I guess being a massive bully and asshole required the MPAA to move quickly on Weinstein, but drugging and raping women or children don't require quick action?

Hey don't forget Corey Feldman says Hollywood still has a pedophile problem.

An Open Secret is a documentary about pedophilia in Hollywood. *cough*Bryan Singer*cough*

Convicted child molester Victor Salva just directed Jeepers Creepers 3.

It's a shame pedophiles aren't held in the same contempt as Weinstein.

In other Weinstein news...

This story doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Tiana Lowe started a change.org petition for USC to reject Weinstein's $5,000,000 gift to the school specifically for women directors.

Listen, I get that you don't want Bill Cosby bringing the pudding pops to the party, but $5 million dollars for female directors is $5 million for female directors. People always get sued for damages, why shouldn't USC accept that "blood money" and turn it into a positive?
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

Kids don't vote.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Here come the accusations against Bob Weinstein.

Kevin Smith finally weighed in, with a lot of crying, self imposed guilt by association, and clear anger, and will give all of his Weinstein movie residuals to women filmmakers.