The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Tucker Carlson encourages viewers to confront people wearing masks.

What a subhuman pile of shit. How about just leave people the fuck alone? If someone gets hurt because of this I hope he is found to be responsible.

CNN opinion piece about the census results that made me chuckle.

So gerrymandering by the Ds is good, but when Rs do it that's bad for democracy.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Mentioned it to my liberal girlfriend last night.... "Remember when the liberals were pushing the census so hard, because of how much they hated Trump?"

"Yes."

"It backfired on them."

She was silent, probably thinking of dumping me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:26 am So gerrymandering by the Ds is good, but when Rs do it that's bad for democracy.
The article didn't actually say that.
GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:40 am "It backfired on them."
I don't see this take as accurate. Remember, the liberals lost their court battles to extend the census counting further, and the fact that 89 people separate NY from losing 1 seat shows that they were fighting the right fight (for them).
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:43 am The article didn't actually say that.
It strongly implies it when it talks about how Ds control the ability to draw lines in states like CA and says that's good, but then talks about how Rs will do the same in their states and that's bad for democracy.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:43 am I don't see this take as accurate. Remember, the liberals lost their court battles to extend the census counting further, and the fact that 89 people separate NY from losing 1 seat shows that they were fighting the right fight (for them).
Sure, those are factors, but let's not ignore the exodus of people from D strongholds. It's not just because of the weather.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

"Those dark republicans gerrymader!" has been a thing for a long time. When you point out both sides do it, you get decried a racist nazi "whataboutism" "both sides!" nazi sympathizer.

So why bother?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:25 pm It strongly implies it when it talks about how Ds control the ability to draw lines in states like CA and says that's good, but then talks about how Rs will do the same in their states and that's bad for democracy.
I feel like it's more nuanced, speaking to the independent districting committees in some places.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:25 pm Sure, those are factors, but let's not ignore the exodus of people from D strongholds. It's not just because of the weather.
No argument here. I'm just saying that the census didn't backfire on the liberals. They never got what they wanted from the census to begin with.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN politics piece on how 70 Capital officers have quit and how tone deaf Rs are about it.

How appropriate that's in their politics section considering the lack of coverage they have given to all the cops who have quit in Portland and Minnesota, among other places, thanks to the complete lack of support by their D mayors and councils.

CNN peaked when they were airing Headline News 24/7. Remember that channel? No talking heads. Just the news. No spin. I miss that. (The market is ripe for someone to resurrect it...)

To be fair I went to Fox just now to see what they were reporting. Their top story was blasting Chris Cuomo over his coverage and advising of his brother regarding the sex scandal.

CNN and Fox are two sides of the same coin.

Thankfully, in a bit of good news, cable news ratings are down across the board. Maybe audiences are starting to tune out the propaganda, and it'll force these channels to just do the news again?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I don't know all the details, but the BBC has taken a massive hit to its reputation.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

You can't make this shit up.

CNN's front page today is a massive headline: "Democracy at Risk". Then there's a subsection labeled: "Fuel for Lies". The top story there is "This is How Dangerous Right Wing Media Actually is".

This is just a few weeks after a CNN executive was caught on tape discussing how CNN purposely manipulated viewers/readers to vote for Biden, to bring down Trump, and how next they'll be doing a similar subversive campaign on climate change. The fallout from that video? CNN never addressed it. The person who filmed it and their organization were banned from left wing dominated Twitter though...

Meanwhile, over at FOX:

Ha!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I hate posting this before the supposed bombshell comes out, but what the heck. Supposed to be later today. Watch the clip, potentially interesting.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Project Veritas is involved? Then that means all the left wing news sites will have to immediately discredit it or expose themselves as pretty hypocritical. :D

I really wish there was a story big enough to completely dismantle the current MSM, but there isn't.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Rachel Scott is my favorite reporter on the planet right now.

I wish our reporters would ask the same type of questions to politicians here regardless of party.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 am I hate posting this before the supposed bombshell comes out, but what the heck. Supposed to be later today. Watch the clip, potentially interesting.
Aaaannnd, the cover-up begins! she's a moron.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

"The hand that feeds me doesn't like it when I bite. I'm being oppressed."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

This is a pretty disturbing trend.

CNN has taken to naming specific politicians, in headline articles, that vote against certain issues.

It's disturbing because:
-All of this stuff is public record for anyone who wants it.
-It is a recent trend for CNN.
-They don't post it for all votes, just the ones they are specifically campaigning for or where they think it would help push voters towards their chosen candidates.

I'm all for holding politicians to their voting record and promises, but there's a huge difference between simply posting voting records and specifying which party and people you should be mad at because CNN said so...oh, and only on specific issues.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

"This name needlessly divides our nation on a matter that should instead bring us together by creating a separate Independence Day based on the color of one's skin," Roy said in a statement.
Maybe cuz slaves weren't freed in 1776? I wonder how they felt about that separation based on the color of one's skin?
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Sorry I should have added that the issue itself is stupid.

Still don't like what CNN is doing though. They only run such articles whenever they believe it can be used to leverage people. They either attack Rs or D Machin.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:04 pm Sorry I should have added that the issue itself is stupid.

Still don't like what CNN is doing though. They only run such articles whenever they believe it can be used to leverage people. They either attack Rs or D Machin.
I get it, but the best I can do is not read CNN, it won't change much.