The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:04 pm Sorry I should have added that the issue itself is stupid.

Still don't like what CNN is doing though. They only run such articles whenever they believe it can be used to leverage people. They either attack Rs or D Machin.
Sounds like election tampering, to me.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

I simply cannot tolerate going to Fox. I've tried, but it really pisses me off. There are certain stories I will see from there, that even though I know are spun, still make a good point and will post them. However, overall I think it pisses me off because they're so far into camp Trump. If they were simply right leaning, it'd be a different story.

Meanwhile, I have stuck with CNN despite it also infuriating me because so many other people actually give it credibility. So it makes it a good place to discuss things and their spin.

However, I do have an article bookmarked that I want to look at in depth. It has listings of news sites that really do a good job of comparing coverage so readers get a look at a story and both sides' spin. I'll share once I get more time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Interesting article detailing NBC's spin on a story about CRT.

Is there a single institution worthy of the public's trust?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

White people are generally against white supremacists.

A lot of people are suggesting lately that all white people are white supremacists.

This will not have a happy conclusion.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Man dies falling into a vat of chicken noodle soup.
In a somewhat similar, but less tragic, case, American woman Stella Liebeck sued McDonald's after the fast-food chain sold her a cup of coffee that had been heated to 170 degrees in New Mexico on February 27, 1992.
What!? Why the actual fuck is this being brought up? Journalism!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:41 pm Man dies falling into a vat of chicken noodle soup.
In a somewhat similar, but less tragic, case, American woman Stella Liebeck sued McDonald's after the fast-food chain sold her a cup of coffee that had been heated to 170 degrees in New Mexico on February 27, 1992.
What!? Why the actual fuck is this being brought up? Journalism!
Um, right? wtf?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair, Carlson does deserve it, and is not a news person.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 pm
To be fair, Carlson does deserve it, and is not a news person.
I cannot argue that.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

to ve forgotten. Will have to check it out when im home
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN top headline and opinion piece taking Facebook to task for its censorship.

It's a good piece and something I agree with, but it's a bit humorous that CNN never had any opinion pieces like this when conservatives were being silenced by FB and Twitter. Instead they wait for the fucking Taliban to get censored? Ha!
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

CNN can't wait for vaccine passports.

But remember, asking for an ID at a polling place is racist and oppressive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:39 pm CNN can't wait for vaccine passports.

We've had vaccine passports for years, iirc when signing my kids up for school and sports.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:45 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:39 pm CNN can't wait for vaccine passports.

We've had vaccine passports for years, iirc when signing my kids up for school and sports.
Still waiting to hear how everyone can get those, but free state issued IDs are racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

WaPo getting feisty, I think. I'm not 100% schooled in journalistic norms.
Once that threshold was triggered, the images would be decrypted and viewed by Apple employees, who would verify that the images constituted child exploitation. The Apple customer would then be turned over to authorities.

Apple spokesman Fred Sainz said he would not provide a statement on Friday’s announcement because The Washington Post would not agree to use it without naming the spokesperson.

While catching people who traffic in images of exploited children is a noble cause, the idea of giving Apple customers no choice but to have software on their phones that would look for illegal activity was a step too far for many privacy advocates and security experts.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Brought to you by the security experts who made The Fappening possible.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:26 pm Brought to you by the security experts who made The Fappening possible.
Right? Also the company whose OSs routinely have far more security vulnerabilities than Windows, but nobody cares or notices because they're such a small market share.

That's why I laughed when I saw this:
Apple said its encryption methods made it impossible for the software to be abused
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Credit where its due:

CNN clip about how the nation isn't as divided as advertised.

Guy even mentions we should absolutely be pissed at politicians who pander to the extremes.