The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

I used to give Fox News a bunch of grief for covering "missing white girl" so much, but it's 10000% better than their normal coverage.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Is that their entire front page or just a section like CNN has?

One thing women love is women murdered by their SO. Attractive people being involved make it that much better. Every Dateline special is about this stuff.

I figure that's why certain missing people get more attention than others.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:38 pm I figure that's why certain missing people get more attention than others.
You knew this story was coming.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:38 pm Is that their entire front page or just a section like CNN has?
That was everything but the left bar, starting at the top of the front page.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:08 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:38 pm Is that their entire front page or just a section like CNN has?
That was everything but the left bar, starting at the top of the front page.
To be fair: missing attractive white woman.

No one cares about the uglies of any race.
Troy

The MSM

Post by Troy »

Fox news sees a story about an attractive young white lady who was probably horribly murdered and is like

"Whew - a breath of fresh air!

Let's put it EVERYWHERE."
Leisher
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:46 pm To be fair: missing attractive white woman.

A million fucking times this.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:01 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:46 pm To be fair: missing attractive white woman.

You don't think the news media actually is trying to help solve the case? As with everything else, this is about clicks and ad revenue.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:11 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:01 pm

You don't think the news media actually is trying to help solve the case? As with everything else, this is about clicks and ad revenue.
News media is a business, but I would say that things sure stepped up once the media attention went up.
GORDON
Site Admin

The MSM

Post by GORDON »

245723806_4456986224350470_1615599381317714935_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

CNN opinion pieces points out CNN's own hypocrisy when it comes to claims of election fraud.

If you haven't been following it, CNN is also under fire after Sanjay Gupta's appearance on Rogan where Gupta admitted CNN's reporting on Ivermectin is misleading. CNN responded by having Gupta go on Don Lemon afterwards in what was essentially an attack interview to ensure Lemon defended CNN without Gupta being able to explain any context. He cut Gupta off constantly and asked him only leading questions.

If we eliminated the 24 hour cable news networks and went back to 30 minutes news shows three times a day, I think we would probably be a lot better off as a society.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm If you haven't been following it, CNN is also under fire after Sanjay Gupta's appearance on Rogan where Gupta admitted CNN's reporting on Ivermectin is misleading
CNN's reporting on Rogan's use of Ivermectin is certainly much less problematic than Rogan taking Ivermectin, and endorsing it for others.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:31 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm If you haven't been following it, CNN is also under fire after Sanjay Gupta's appearance on Rogan where Gupta admitted CNN's reporting on Ivermectin is misleading
CNN's reporting on Rogan's use of Ivermectin is certainly much less problematic than Rogan taking Ivermectin, and endorsing it for others.
Translation: "Yeah, CNN lied despite their only job being to report facts to people, but it's totally ok because their lie isn't as bad as someone else's lie."

Call me a crazy extremist, but that is completely unacceptable. News organizations shouldn't be lying and/or spinning facts. Period. It's bad enough that podcasters are seen as legit sources of information. Do we really need the actual places we're supposed to trust for information lying as well?

Feel free to sit down and watch his interview with Gupta to see where your statement is misinformed.

And let me be clear, this is not a defense of Ivermectin as a covid cure or treatment. This is just pointing out, yet again, how our MSM constantly lies to us for financial gain or to push some political agenda and it's not fucking ok.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Click click click $
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

WSJ workers upset about the printing of a letter from Trump in the Opinion section.

This is interesting.

Obviously they are right about the letter containing lies and misinformation, but isn't that pretty standard for Opinion sections? Hell, isn't that pretty standard for most news outlets' main news sections? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:42 pm WSJ workers upset about the printing of a letter from Trump in the Opinion section.

This is interesting.

Obviously they are right about the letter containing lies and misinformation, but isn't that pretty standard for Opinion sections? Hell, isn't that pretty standard for most news outlets' main news sections? :D
I mean, it's standard for the WSJ's opinion section, which has become a boiled dog turd since Fox took over.

I kinda believe that Trump should be able to have a way to respond. But I don't think he should be able to push and print lies. We've seen what happens when the masses get disinformation. They are stupid.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:57 pm We've seen what happens when the masses get disinformation. They are stupid.
Truth. Unfortunately that's all the MSM feeds them.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"But if I ignore all the media who else will lie to me on a daily basis???"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

MSM has become pep rallies for your "team".

Sit there for an hour and make fun of everything about the other side. Facts be damned.

Unbiased reporting is dead.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:41 pm Unbiased reporting is dead.
Newspapers.