The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The latter is more correct, since inflation went up 0.1% month over month, indicating an easing of the rate of inflation (a trend that continues the July numbers). The first is anti-Biden propaganda.

I'm serious.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

BTW, missed this earlier, but yes. To be clear, I just thought this was a great example of how two outlets can report the same news in different ways.

I know I hammer CNN a lot here, but I continually also state that I know FOX is just as biased. However, I never go to their site unless linked there, and thus, I don't often get chances to point out their horseshit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I remember when there were two big hurricanes during Obama, they were blamed for the "smaller than expected economic growth" those quarters.

Someone pointed out that when there was a big hurricane under Trump, no one gave the storm credit for the big economic growth that quarter.

Why anyone keeps allowing themselves to be kicked in the balls with ad-driven lies is completely beyond my ken.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:49 pm Why anyone keeps allowing themselves to be kicked in the balls with ad-driven lies is completely beyond my ken.
It's called "confirmation bias".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Well at least all those border camps that split up families were shut down when Biden took office.

I assume.

Since the MSM stopped covering it.

https://www.vera.org/news/children-are- ... the-border
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:01 pm Since the MSM stopped covering it.
To be fair, the right leaning sites probably still do cover it, but "Fake News lulz". And they would only be covering it because an R isn't up top.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It was a travesty when Trump was pres. It's ignored now. Just one example of thousands of media bias and pressure on elections.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

He is visibly flummoxed. Her point is legit too. At what point do reparations end? Humans have been on this Earth for a LONG time now (in our perspective, but like 1/1Q of a second according to the universe) and people have done horrible shit to one another since the start. Can we really hold everyone accountable throughout history? Or maybe we should all NOT stop being whiny cunts, treat each other properly, and take responsibility for our own actions?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's been my argument for a while. "The Civil Rights Act was three, almost four, generations ago. It's been illegal to discriminate by race, since then. It's actually illegal to not send your kids to public school for the free education. So how long until the failure of their community isn't whitey's fault any more?"

But then the counterpoint is always, "Yeah but racists are still mean and unfair."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

D murders R.

Interesting because political identities are pushed down several paragraphs and the descriptions and pictures are basically opposite of what you would assume.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:35 pm My private school is pretty good!
My kid's private school beat your kid's private school in the Niche rankings. :P
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My school let your school win because they are more kind.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Listen, they could, but Hayes' clear attempt at division is on full display.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

"Unbiased". Also, it's never racist to mock black conservatives.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I mean the ones I hear most often? That commentator is correct. Our lt governor is a fucking nutjob.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:24 am I mean the ones I hear most often? That commentator is correct. Our lt governor is a fucking nutjob.
Like I said, it's fine to be racist against black conservatives.

Let's pretend there aren't several minority members of Congress who the same shit can't be said about.

Hell, let's pretend like our current old white man president can speak coherently...